blatantly biased CBS News Omits 2nd place Ron Paul from New Hampshire Poll results

Evander

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2001
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS9PkWls6j8

The link to the poll and the full segment are in the youtube description. Not only did they black out the poll results, they also COMPLETELY blacked out Ron Paul's Iowa caucus results (3% behind 1st is really good) and didn't mention his name 1 single time. Guess who else got mentioned? Everybody - Romney, Santorum, Gingrich, Perry, Bachman, Huntsman.
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7394032n&tag=mg;earlyshow
CBS has been pulling this shit for a long time

Q7. If the Republican Primary for President of the United States were held
today and the candidates were {alphabetical} Michele Bachmann, Newt Gingrich,
Jon Huntsman, Fred Karger, Ron Paul, Rick Perry, Buddy Roemer, Mitt Romney, or
Rick Santorum for whom will you vote or toward whom would you LEAN at this
time?
N= 500 100%
Michele Bachmann ............................... 01 11 2%
Newt Gingrich .................................. 02 46 9%
Jon Huntsman ................................... 03 37 7%
Fred Karger .................................... 05 3 1%
Ron Paul ....................................... 06 71 14%
Rick Perry ..................................... 07 7 1%
Buddy Roemer ................................... 08 5 1%
Mitt Romney .................................... 09 213 43%
Rick Santorum .................................. 10 29 6%
Undecided (DO NOT READ) ........................ 11 78 16%

eternalone

Golden Member
Sep 10, 2008
shouldnt this be considered spam especially since it from a new account and its probably a regular user trying to spam the forums with his paulbot mentality. I think mods should think about putting a politics forum filter that you have to have a certain ammount of posts to post in the politics section, otherwise I think the forum will be spammed by alot by these paulbot guys as we get the closer and closer to election day.

Last edited:

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Well he does have a point. Watching the YouTube link makes no mention of Paul and he came in second. So lol

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I just checked the 'biased anti-Paul' CBS news page.

Main page has a story about how 'liberals love Ron Paul'.

One of the biggest three stories on the political page is about Paul.

This is anecdotal nonsense.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
shouldnt this be considered spam especially since it from a new account and its probably a regular user trying to spam the forums with his paulbot mentality. I think mods should think about putting a politics forum filter that you have to have a certain ammount of posts to post in the politics section, otherwise I think the forum will be spammed by alot by these paulbot guys as we get the closer and closer to election day.

There are a ton of paid RNC posters on here.

You have to tolerate the few paid non RNC posters on here that there is.

Jan 25, 2011

Christ why do people have to resort to the "You'd have to be paid to have that opinion".

People have different views. To sugest anyone on here is paid to promote those views, right or left, is just simply stupid.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS9PkWls6j8

The link to the poll and the full segment are in the youtube description. Not only did they black out the poll results, they also COMPLETELY blacked out Ron Paul's Iowa caucus results (3% behind 1st is really good) and didn't mention his name 1 single time. Guess who else got mentioned? Everybody - Romney, Santorum, Gingrich, Perry, Bachman, Huntsman.
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7394032n&tag=mg;earlyshow
CBS has been pulling this shit for a long time

Q7. If the Republican Primary for President of the United States were held
today and the candidates were {alphabetical} Michele Bachmann, Newt Gingrich,
Jon Huntsman, Fred Karger, Ron Paul, Rick Perry, Buddy Roemer, Mitt Romney, or
Rick Santorum for whom will you vote or toward whom would you LEAN at this
time?
N= 500 100%
Michele Bachmann ............................... 01 11 2%
Newt Gingrich .................................. 02 46 9%
Jon Huntsman ................................... 03 37 7%
Fred Karger .................................... 05 3 1%
Ron Paul ....................................... 06 71 14%
Rick Perry ..................................... 07 7 1%
Buddy Roemer ................................... 08 5 1%
Mitt Romney .................................... 09 213 43%
Rick Santorum .................................. 10 29 6%
Undecided (DO NOT READ) ........................ 11 78 16%

awwwwwwwwww....deal with it!!
When you get old enough to vote, then you can worry about it!!

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
First of all, Ron Paul did not take second place in Iowa GOP caucus, Ron Paul in fact came in third well behind Romney and Santorum.

The second thing to point out to various Ron Paul fan clubbers, is that winning the GOP nomination for POTUS in 2012, gets Ron Paul only a chance to try to win the general election.

And when Ron Paul mainly attracts only the voters in extreme right wing of the GOP, then Ron Paul, needs to gain the support of the moderate Republicans, all Independents, and enough of the much larger number of registered democratic voters to stand a snow flakes chance in hell of winning the general election.

Maybe a small part of the American electorate including me, like the Ron Paul advocacy of a more isolationist foreign policy, but buying the whole of the fibertarian fantasies of
the Ron Paul package is simply not going to happen because its simply too repulsive for most of the electorate to tolerate.

Another thing to say is that Ron Paul support may appear bigger than it actually is in the early GOP primaries, simply because many in the GOP have a anyone but Romney mindset. Hence Ron Paul is not the only right wing candidate to profit from that mindset.

The last thing to say is that I will not comment on the complaint of atech-e that CBS news is biased against Ron Paul and is distorting instead of accurately reporting the news. But even if its true, I pay little attention to talking heads. Just give me actual voting percentages after the end of various GOP primaries, after that I can figure things by all by myself.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
If you look at Ron Paul's voter base, it consists mostly of independents.

The extreme right is with Santorum and his evangelical fundie views.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

The entire point of P&N is to have a place for crazy people. It keeps them out of the real forums. Why on earth would you want to do anything that limits their access?

Think of this section as the zinks on a ship.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
If you look at Ron Paul's voter base, it consists mostly of independents.

The extreme right is with Santorum and his evangelical fundie views.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If that was true, it certainly does not explain why independents have always shunned the Libertarian party.

As for Santorum in Iowa, he was the formerly unexamined GOP right wing candidate who peaked at the right time. Already Santorum support is dying in New Hampshire after voters take a better look at his record. As for Newt, he came out of GOP unexamined nowhere to become the the new rising star, but Newt peaked too early in Iowa and crashed back down after voters took a good look at his past record.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
This is a boon to Ron Paul. If the media actually scrutinized him like any other candidate, he would have dropped out months ago. His racist tirades are not befitting a presidential candidate.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

I could use some extra money, is there a website you go to sign up to be a paid RNC poster or what? How much do they pay?

Aug 14, 2001
This is a boon to Ron Paul. If the media actually scrutinized him like any other candidate, he would have dropped out months ago. His racist tirades are not befitting a presidential candidate.

Exactly. Paulbots keep crying about the media ignoring Ron Paul, but that is actually to the benefit of Ron Paul. If the mainstream media actually bothered to look at Ron Paul's positions, then the only support for him would be from KKK members and a few people in mental asylums.

eternalone

Golden Member
Sep 10, 2008
So I see the original posters name went from a newly created account named atech-e to a regular user named Evander did the mods do this for the lulz??

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
So I see the original posters name went from a newly created account named atech-e to a regular user named Evander did the mods do this for the lulz??

The dude must of been a repeating retard and deleted accordingly.

Evander

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2001
Goddamn, there are a lot of dumbasses here - maybe that's why I stopped posting in the first place. I was in contact with the mod about how my original login info was purged but he was able to find it.

To the person who said Paul didn't place 2nd in IOWA, try to read a little more carefully - this is about Paul coming in 2nd in a NH POLL. As for Iowa, I would hardly call 3.2% behind 1st place "well behind".

And this is hardly the first time CBS has blacked out Ron Paul:
12 and a half minute segment titled "Is New Hampshire Anyone's Game?"
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7394181n
Let's see what names are dropped: Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, John Huntsman, Newt Gingrich, and even Rick Perry. Gee did they leave anyone out?

How about an image capture of their website:
http://i.imgur.com/GpIcQ.png
Romney 25%, Santorum 25%, Ron Paul? Who gives a shit what percent?
But hey, they've got a story on how some random idiot on the internet uploaded a tasteless anti-Huntsman video and Huntsman is blaming Paul. If someone claiming to be a Huntsman supporter uploaded a tasteless anti-Paul video, the media wouldn't give it 2 shits worth of coverage.

Then of course there's CBS Up to the Minute - they gave more coverage to Bachmann dropping out than they did to Ron Paul's 3rd place finish:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7393962n&tag=contentMain;contentBody
And the video isn't up on the website, but they completely blacked out Ron Paul the next day.

Or how about the CBS Debate last November where Paul's speaking time added up to a whopping 90 seconds for the whole debate, less than half the time of the next highest candidate, and all the other candidates were given about 6 to 8 mins. of speaking time:
http://weoccupytheweb.com/13/ron-pa...-of-talk-time-on-cbs-nov-12th2011-gop-debate/

There's also this gem where Paul came in 3rd in CBS's own poll but no need to mention that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KsGcLHNICs

While there hasn't been a COMPLETE blackout of Ron Paul coverage in the media, it has been proven that he's been given the least amount of coverage. The media pimps are paving the way for the parliament of whores:
http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/9419-study-confirms-ron-paul-blacked-out-by-media
The Atlantic Wire reports:

Ron Paul loyalists have been vindicated. After months of observations that the mainstream media was ignoring the libertarian standard-bearer, a new study by the Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism shows just that: the Texas Congressman, who has consistently polled in the high single digits — Real Clear Politics’s aggregate poll currently has him at 8 percent — has received the least overall coverage of any candidate. From May 2 to October 9, Paul appeared as the “primary newsmaker" in only 2% of all election stories.

The Washington Post notes, “Paul’s support has been stable at 10 percent or 11 percent of Republican and GOP-leaning independents in the three most recent Washington Post-ABC News polls.” In polls where Paul is placed against Obama, both candidates are in a dead tie, with approximately 15 percent of Americans undecided. His supporters note that if Paul were afforded more opportunity in the mainstream media to voice his ideas, he could effectively increase his support in such a runoff

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Ron Paul should be ignored, he would turn this country into a theocracy. He would overturn the only amendment that.

1. Prevent states from imposing a state religion.

2. Removes religion from schools.

3. Prevents segregation.

4. Gives us a right to a jury trial at the state and local levels. Yep if Ron Paul had his way a state could by pass any trial, any due process, and just execute you.

5. Legalizes Abortion.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
Ron Paul should be ignored, he would turn this country into a theocracy. He would overturn the only amendment that.

3. Prevents segregation.

4. Gives us a right to a jury trial at the state and local levels. Yep if Ron Paul had his way a state could by pass any trial, any due process, and just execute you.

5. Legalizes Abortion.

Ron Paul is good for America. He is not good for Israel. He want to cut down on foreign aid. No wonder all of the pro-Israeli, anti-Palestine crowd is so against Ron Paul. America 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Aug 14, 2001

3. Prevents segregation.

5. Legalizes Abortion.

Excellent post. Ron Paul is a monster. I can't wait until that old man retires and we never have to hear from him again.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
To the person who said Paul didn't place 2nd in IOWA, try to read a little more carefully - this is about Paul coming in 2nd in a NH POLL. As for Iowa, I would hardly call 3.2% behind 1st place "well behind".

Lemon Law is a fucking idiot. Pay him no mind.