Blast rocks U.N.'s Baghdad headquarters

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: hagbard
Better than taking it in the butt, the way those who are "helping" are doing. They're helping themselves to the Iraqi's self-determination. I only hope they keep it up and expand their efforts against the aggressors.

The longer it takes to get Iraq stable the longer the US will be there. It appears those sabotaging things really like the US being there.

You really believe those helping the US bring democracy to their country are taking it in the butt? You seriously hope they keep it up? You seriously want innocent people to die at the hands of terrorists? Why? Explain why you aren't a psychopath please.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor
Better than taking it in the butt, the way those who are "helping" are doing. They're helping themselves to the Iraqi's self-determination. I only hope they keep it up and expand their efforts against the aggressors.

The longer it takes to get Iraq stable the longer the US will be there. It appears those sabotaging things really like the US being there.

You really believe those helping the US bring democracy to their country are taking it in the butt? You seriously hope they keep it up? You seriously want innocent people to die at the hands of terrorists? Why? Explain why you aren't a psychopath please.

What makes you think Iraqis want the US model of "democracy" and what makes you think Iraqis should just shut up and take whatever the US is giving to them? If you worry about innocent people dying, where were you when American army butchered Iraqis with BS reasons to start the war? What kind of democracy is it when the government is decided by another country, national resources is controlled by another country, another country's army running around hunting for "terrorist", "ex-baath member", "saddam loyalist" without any judicial processes?

Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: rchiu

What makes you think Iraqis want the US model of "democracy" and what makes you think Iraqis should just shut up and take whatever the US is giving to them?
I supposed you're suggesting they prefer a dictatorship? A dictatorship that has continued to brutalize and kill innocent people for decades?

If you worry about innocent people dying, where were you when American army butchered Iraqis with BS reasons to start the war?
This is why Republicans, non-partisans, and good chunk of Democrats believe, sincerly, that extreme liberals are intellectually stunted. You just used the word "butchered" to describe a very small number of people who died unintentionally for a limited time period. The only other option is that you know those innocent people weren't butchered, but you chose to use that word anyway to falsify your argument into being something it's not...which is valid.
What kind of democracy is it when the government is decided by another country, national resources is controlled by another country, another country's army running around hunting for "terrorist", "ex-baath member", "saddam loyalist" without any judicial processes?

It's called a transitional democracy.

I'm actually emberassed for even responding to that post.

hagbard

Banned
Nov 30, 2000

Wrong. The American's will run with their tails between their legs like they usually do when faced with a threat.

You really believe those helping the US bring democracy to their country are taking it in the butt?

US imposed dictatorship is democracy...Orwall lives.

You seriously hope they keep it up? You seriously want innocent people to die at the hands of terrorists?

USA=terrorists. Iraqi resistance=freedom fighter.

Why? Explain why you aren't a psychopath please.

To a psychopath I guess I'd appear to be the crazy one.

hagbard

Banned
Nov 30, 2000
Originally posted by: rchiu

What makes you think Iraqis want the US model of "democracy" and what makes you think Iraqis should just shut up and take whatever the US is giving to them?
I supposed you're suggesting they prefer a dictatorship? A dictatorship that has continued to brutalize and kill innocent people for decades?

It was fine for the US when it was they that were supporting Saddam. The source of much of the brutalization going on in this world is the United States.

This is why Republicans, non-partisans, and good chunk of Democrats believe, sincerly, that extreme liberals are intellectually stunted. You just used the word "butchered" to describe a very small number of people who died unintentionally for a limited time period. The only other option is that you know those innocent people weren't butchered, but you chose to use that word anyway to falsify your argument into being something it's not...which is valid.

You're a fool. And I'm no "extreme liberal". Much of the opposition to the US empire comes from conservatives, you're just too brainwashed to see that.

What kind of democracy is it when the government is decided by another country, national resources is controlled by another country, another country's army running around hunting for "terrorist", "ex-baath member", "saddam loyalist" without any judicial processes?

It's called a transitional democracy.

Nice to make up terms to defend the undefendable. The term you're looking for is occupation.

Here is an example of another "transitional democracy"