blackberry motion sickness?

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
I just got a blackberry a few days ago, the curve if it matters, and since then I've been getting headaches and feeling nauseous at random times. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the BB possibly putting a strain on my eyes. I usually never have problems being on the computer for extended periods, or watching tv, or using the older phones, and my eyesight is good.

Anyone else have similar problems? maybe I'm crazy? I don't think I've been using it excessively, certainly not longer than a lot of people

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
I had the same kind of issue when I got my iPhone and was reading ebooks on it.

Doesn't seem to bug me anymore for some reason.

Sasiki

Oct 18, 2004
Mine used to do that. I lowered the brightness down to like 10%. That helped. It still brightens up outside or in a really really bright room.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Sasiki
Mine used to do that. I lowered the brightness down to like 10%. That helped. It still brightens up outside or in a really really bright room.

hmm, just changed mine. does seem to be much easier on the eyes. hopefully it helps. if so, i owe you a :beer:

Sasiki

Oct 18, 2004
Originally posted by: slayer202
Originally posted by: Sasiki

hmm, just changed mine. does seem to be much easier on the eyes. hopefully it helps. if so, i owe you a :beer:

Blue Moon please. A 6 pack is fine. That will last me a good 2 months or more lol.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
any other tips? I've tried google but can't find much. lowering the brightness helped a little I think, but it still is bothering me.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
You can change fonts and size on the BB. Go to options> screen/keyboard and see if enlarging the font and/or changing it helps at all.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
Originally posted by: gorcorps
You can change fonts and size on the BB. Go to options> screen/keyboard and see if enlarging the font and/or changing it helps at all.

hmm not a bad idea. I'm really puzzled as to why this is happening. I think I have quite good eye sight, and computers/tvs/old flip phones have never bothered me

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004

hmm not a bad idea. I'm really puzzled as to why this is happening. I think I have quite good eye sight, and computers/tvs/old flip phones have never bothered me

Odd. I use a BB pearl which has an even smaller screen and I don't have any problems. Maybe something is actually screwed up with the screen, but not enough to be immediately noticeable.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005

Odd. I use a BB pearl which has an even smaller screen and I don't have any problems. Maybe something is actually screwed up with the screen, but not enough to be immediately noticeable.

hmm, I wonder :/ not sure how I could figure that out though