Blackberry all in on Android?

3chordcharlie

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2004
They 'lost' and have already slowed the pace of updates. I give it a year or two before the (currently excellent) browser is so dated it becomes unusable. Message systems will stop working as new versions come out, etc.

I strongly prefer BB10 to Android, but 1.6billion Android users have spoken, even though they are all wrong;)

Waiting to see how the Hub works on Android and if it becomes a purchase item. Love the Q10 and Classic keyboards but the one on the Priv is pretty bad.

I might be interested in a hardware keyboard, or buying another device and just paying for Hub integration (and hopefully Calendar). Will definitely miss the gesture system, better quick settings but a weather widget will be a nice addition.

hondaf17

Sep 25, 2005
Wonderful news.

I absolutely LOVE blackberry devices but haven't been able to have one for 3 years due to work. We are required to run Android or iOS. I tried to no avail to talk our tech guys into keeping BB, but no dice.

Give me a modern 9900 on Android and I'll buy tomorrow.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
They 'lost' and have already slowed the pace of updates. I give it a year or two before the (currently excellent) browser is so dated it becomes unusable. Message systems will stop working as new versions come out, etc.

I strongly prefer BB10 to Android, but 1.6billion Android users have spoken, even though they are all wrong;)

Waiting to see how the Hub works on Android and if it becomes a purchase item. Love the Q10 and Classic keyboards but the one on the Priv is pretty bad.

I might be interested in a hardware keyboard, or buying another device and just paying for Hub integration (and hopefully Calendar). Will definitely miss the gesture system, better quick settings but a weather widget will be a nice addition.

There's nothing that says blackberry can't integrate their gestures into a version of Android. Each phone maker has their own tweaks as it is, maybe BB in time will pull off the best of both worlds.