black screen bios will not load

jungario

Jan 14, 2013
Hi!
Windows 8 had to reboot after displaying that the graphic driver recovered from an error, but now I only have a black screen not even a loading bios, not matter how much I restart.
confused.gif

I have a GA-F2A85XM-HD3 motherboard, A10 2nd generation, dual viper memory, and a Samsung ssd.
What I did:
1.I unplugged the hdmi cable and used the vga I could login. I updated the amd apu driver to the latest took out the vga replaced the hdmi it worked for a day.
2.while I was testing the overdrive settings (auto-test) the system asked to reboot which I did, the same problem happened again, so I thought that clearing the CMOS values would be a good idea, I shorted the 2 pins with a screwdriver as per the board manual, restarted to no avail, still no bios.
3. I tried a Linux on usb that worked the first time around: it could actually let me by pressing F12 chose the booting drive which worked when first I had the problem but not anymore.
Any idea what I could do differently to make it work?
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Sounds like you maybe have some failing hardware. The OS has zero impact on the BIOS displaying. Could be the connectors on the back, the mobo, maybe the APU (Although pretty unlikely).

jungario

Jan 14, 2013
Thank you Stuka,
I guess I will have to go by some components testing, I was reading that I should begin by the bare minimum like one memory bar, cpu and HD , may be also use a spare graphic card I have on the side to see.
Cheers.

mike2fix

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
Make sure Secure Boot didn't get turned on in the Bios, it creates problems if your video card bios doesn't support it.