Question Black screen after enabling secure boot

thathatedguy

May 25, 2022
Recently I enabled secure boot inorder to play valorant, but after the restart my computer went dead. Now all it shows is "D-Sub, Power Saving Mode". So it's clear it's not a graphics card problem, right?
I tried resetting cmos battery by removing it, waiting for an hour or so and then placing it back again. Nothing changed.
Then I tried resetting the bios by removing the cmos jumper and placing it back again. Nothing happened.
Then I tried removing the RAM and placing it back again. No luck again.
Afterwards I tried getting a new cmos battery and placed it instead of the old one. Nothing happened. I'm just out of options now. I have even tried removing the graphics card and connect the monitor into the integrated vga in the motherboard.
I don't see any other options now. I'll be grateful if someone can help me in this case, please do.

The PC specs are:
Zebronics H61 Motherboard
Zotac 1060 6gb graphics card
Intel i5-3470
8 gb DDR3 Ram
SSD+HDD

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Did you try booting with no storage attached? It could just be bad timing too, in that you changed the setting, and shortly after the board died, for unrelated reasons.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Yikes, I couldn't believe that they would require secure boot enabled. I looked it up, and sure enough, it is required for Windows 11 users. Though you can play Valorant with much older hardware, including Intel core 2 era CPUs, and Windows 7/8 are still supported.

I guess this is a(nother) good reason to stay away from both Windows 11 and Valorant lol.

As for the computer, it is possible the motherboard has died, as it is older for sure. But have you tried using a different display cable or monitor altogether?

Reactions: Hotrod2go