Black PCB PNY GTX 465 -> 470

nanaki333

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2002
Ancient artifact city when I tried to flash it to a 470. Drivers were totally a no-go. Nvidia driver install didn't know WTF the card was. I got it to flash back no problem. I have 3 other 465s I'm going to try.

Anybody have any luck with the PNY cards?

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
This proves my theories wrong! .. lol black pcb ?

PNY is a small korean company. Soo small they cant spell out Pony. They probably spray painted it to black. hehe

What company are your other cards ? thx gg and gl

nanaki333

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2002

PNY is a small korean company. Soo small they cant spell out Pony. They probably spray painted it to black. hehe

i was reading up on the PNY cards that unlock and people have the most luck with the black pcb boards. so i thought that would be relevant to my post :)

they're all PNY unfortunately. i've never had luck with PNY hardware in general, but hey, freebies are freebies!

Leyawiin

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2008

They're headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey. "Parsippany" was shortened to "PNY". They are one of the few US based graphics cards companies (along with EVGA).

As far as the unlock goes, its going to be hit or miss regardless of it having the extra RAM modules or not (which the black PCB ones are supposed to have). I had an MSI GTX 465 Golden Edition (which all were potentially unlockable to a GTX 470). Mine unlocked fine, but a few wouldn't stably do it according to a thread in Overclock.net. There's a reason some are binned into a GTX 465.