Black Ops 2 Thread - 11-13-12

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
Agreed that some of the spawns are wonky. I've been spawn killed a few times.

I'm hoping everything calms down soon. The maps have a bajillion flank points and a LOT of routes, so with everyone rushing around like crazy it's really difficult to hold down an area without a team.

I've also been dealing with lag issues. Bullets bending around corners, killcams that don't match what happened on screen, and losing gunfights that I would normally win in MW3/BO1.

I'm probably averaging a 1KD and very rarely work up any streaks. This is rather frustrating, as I typically average 2KD or more.

I think half the problem is that it seems to take a while to unlock a silencer and people flock to me on the mini-map. On top of that silencers seem to nerf the guns big time.

If this craziness continues, I'll take a few weeks off BO2 and see if things have improved, either with the connection or the uber-try-hards.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
I have a few questions I hope someone can answer:

1. In the Pick 10 loadout screen (custom classes), do the tactical slots have to be filled with the same thing? For example, I see I have the option of carrying just one concussion grenade. However, if I decide to fill the second tactical slot, it has to also be a concussion, it can't be smoke or EMP.

2. What is this new mode they have where it's some sort of ladder system with seasons? I entered it and I had to complete five matches to get ranked. I ended up with some weird rank like Silver Level 168th place. I don't even know what that means. Also, all my custom classes from MP were gone and I had to create an entirely new (separate) set but what's cool is every single weapon, attachment, and perk is unlocked.

What is this mode supposed to be?

3. How come Domination is now best of three rounds? Is there any way to play just one round of Domination?

4. Killstreaks - is there just one place to choose killstreaks? You can't have a special set for each Custom Class?

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
I have a few questions I hope someone can answer:

1. In the Pick 10 loadout screen (custom classes), do the tactical slots have to be filled with the same thing? For example, I see I have the option of carrying just one concussion grenade. However, if I decide to fill the second tactical slot, it has to also be a concussion, it can't be smoke or EMP.

2. What is this new mode they have where it's some sort of ladder system with seasons? I entered it and I had to complete five matches to get ranked. I ended up with some weird rank like Silver Level 168th place. I don't even know what that means. Also, all my custom classes from MP were gone and I had to create an entirely new (separate) set but what's cool is every single weapon, attachment, and perk is unlocked.

What is this mode supposed to be?

3. How come Domination is now best of three rounds? Is there any way to play just one round of Domination?

4. Killstreaks - is there just one place to choose killstreaks? You can't have a special set for each Custom Class?

1. It has to be the same grenade.

2. Its league play. You are being ranked, like they do in Starcraft.

3. No, that's how Domination is now.

4. One set of killstreaks across all classes.

Sixguns

Platinum Member
May 22, 2011
Killstreaks - is there just one place to choose killstreaks? You can't have a special set for each Custom Class?

This is the one thing I miss so far from MW3. I like being able to have different killstreaks already set for what gamemode I am going to play.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
I see that the killstreaks are done using points now, like 300 points for a UAV (I just made up the value). So how does this work?

Say I have UAV (300), Care Package (450), Bomb (800).

if I score 600, does it unlock both UAV and Care Package but the moment I use the UAV (300), I no longer an use the Care Package? But do I still have 300 points "in the bank" so if I gain another 250 I can use Care Package?

Sixguns

Platinum Member
May 22, 2011
I see that the killstreaks are done using points now, like 300 points for a UAV (I just made up the value). So how does this work? Say I have UAV (300), Care Package (450), Bomb (800). if I score 600, does it unlock both UAV and Care Package but the moment I use the UAV (300), I no longer an use the Care Package? But do I still have 300 points "in the bank" so if I gain another 250 I can use Care Package?

No

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
I'm starting to feel that CoD is dead for solo players. I can't play anything other than mercenary without running into grouped people, and in mercenary, there's no way for teams to actually balance out between rounds. The developers keep fucking with the playlists so there are HC modes that differ between versions, such as HC domination or HCHQ - two very popular variations. They incorporate game modes like SnD into the mercenary mode which do NOT lend themselves to individuals playing alone.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
I'm quite enjoying this. Played two hours tonight without noticing. This is the first CoD I've owned since 4 so it's not played out for me.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Servers were screwy last night. So I played zombies with my buddies. It doesn't seem like they gang up on you in deathmatch or kill confirmed

boomhower

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2007
Only got to play for around an hour last night so not much of an impression yet other than the hit confirmation absolutely blows. I can't hardly tell when I've hit someone until the small point value or assist points shows on the screen. They've got to get that fixed with an update.

I hate the loss of support streaks but since it's a different developer it's not surprising. I just liked so us less skillful players could make some bigger contributions to the team.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Only got to play for around an hour last night so not much of an impression yet other than the hit confirmation absolutely blows. I can't hardly tell when I've hit someone until the small point value or assist points shows on the screen. They've got to get that fixed with an update.

I hate the loss of support streaks but since it's a different developer it's not surprising. I just liked so us less skillful players could make some bigger contributions to the team.

Yeah I agree with you. I find the sights on the MP7 suck if you use standard. The type 25 sucks with the stock silencer. What is the difference between how many kills to a streak vs points to a streak? Is it suppose to be easier because you get 25 or 50 pts for anything other than a kill on some games. It's still by amount of kills you get.

I'm guessing it's easier in other game modes like kill confirmed. I don't even have a good gun unlocked only level 10.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I think I might pick this up for the PS3, even though I really don't like the PS3 controller. My brother just got it and it'd be nice to play with him. Is there any problems with the ps3 version? I honestly have never played an online shooter on my ps3 as I always used the 360 for such things, but I don't want to pay for Live anymore either.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I think I might pick this up for the PS3, even though I really don't like the PS3 controller. My brother just got it and it'd be nice to play with him. Is there any problems with the ps3 version? I honestly have never played an online shooter on my ps3 as I always used the 360 for such things, but I don't want to pay for Live anymore either.

There are deff more people playing on ps3 now than release day. The servers are pretty busy. No real big issues other than the normal server issues when a new game comes out.

I've been playing pc mostly so it's weird getting back to controller. My bro uses 14 sensitivity. I mainly play with my friends on ps3 and its much better than starting off random.

Sixguns

Platinum Member
May 22, 2011
I had on really bag match last night. It was the first one that I got into and it has some super bad lag. After that match it was fine all night. I started using the SWAT 556 and that thing is great. I have always like the 3 round burst or single fire over full auto though.

Durvelle27

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2012
Nice on PC i am level 30 K/D .75

I started out a lot lower, but normally end around 1.25 on most maps now, so its coming up slowing.

On PC though.

Well I started pretty good but still have them matches ever now and then. What gun do you use. I mostly been using the Tac 45 with long barrel & FMJ since maps are small and easy to remember. But if on a somewhat larger map I use a MP7 or PDWR

Edit: haven't got mines for pc yet

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
If they dont fix the lag compensation I will be selling it soon.

Seriously. I am tired of unloading my entire magazine into someone before I think they even see me, then they end up killing me. I will watch the kill cam, and it does not even show me shooting them.

Ashenor

Golden Member
May 9, 2012
Well I started pretty good but still have them matches ever now and then. What gun do you use. I mostly been using the Tac 45 with long barrel & FMJ since maps are small and easy to remember. But if on a somewhat larger map I use a MP7 or PDWR

Edit: haven't got mines for pc yet

I use the first shotgun, with a long barrel and grip on it, i use the first assault rifle with a red dot as my second weapon if i need a bit more range.

I use mostly perks that hide me from people and UV's, and only one gernade.

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004
I think there's a fix for the Lag Compensation. When you're about to search for games, hit (X) on 360 and it will take you into a "Search Preferences" screen. Change the top setting from "Normal" to "Best". The way I understand it, "Normal" will throw you into games faster; "Best" takes longer but makes it so you have the best connection.

Durvelle27

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2012
I use the first shotgun, with a long barrel and grip on it, i use the first assault rifle with a red dot as my second weapon if i need a bit more range.

I use mostly perks that hide me from people and UV's, and only one gernade.

Cool

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
There are deff more people playing on ps3 now than release day. The servers are pretty busy. No real big issues other than the normal server issues when a new game comes out.

I've been playing pc mostly so it's weird getting back to controller. My bro uses 14 sensitivity. I mainly play with my friends on ps3 and its much better than starting off random.

Now that the game is already out, am I screwed out of the Nuketown map without spending $80 on some special version?

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
Now that the game is already out, am I screwed out of the Nuketown map without spending $80 on some special version?

You were only supposed to get the map if you pre-ordered right? I did not pre-order, and got the map.

There was an insert in my game case that had two codes: the Xbox Live 2 day and the map

It also states on the back of the game case if the map code is included.