Black Ops 2 Thread - 11-13-12

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Q, May 1, 2012.

1. Dankk

Dankk Diamond Member

Multiplayer split-screen shooters on the PC do exist, and they work just like you said (with multiple controllers plugged in). However, CoD has never supported this feature on PC. So no, there probably won't be splitscreen on the PC.

2. zerocool84

zerocool84 Lifer

Preordered this yesterday mainly to play with friends. I haven't bought a CoD game since part 4 but have played other versions over my friends houses.

#127 zerocool84, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  3. Nvidiaguy07

Nvidiaguy07 Platinum Member

not at all.

Im not expecting it either, but i probably wont buy the PC version if it doesn't support it.

Sucks because at my house we play 4 way split screen (either 2v2, or the 4 of us vs AI to see who can get the most kills), and the res bump in playing xbox split 4 ways vs playing my PC 4 ways would have been pretty substantial. We play on my 150" projector screen, and each of us has their own 75" block to themselves, so when we play something like blur split 4 ways, it actually looks pretty good on each screen.

Hopefully if Valve makes a push for more PC games in the living room then we will finally see features like this in more PC games. I had hopes for black ops because at least they have better controller support than the MW games.

4. Nvidiaguy07

Nvidiaguy07 Platinum Member

5. Raduque

Raduque Lifer

If the single player is better than the last one, I'll buy it. It looks good from the trailer.

6. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Golden Member

Elite is free now. You just buy map packs. Which is good news.

7. fbrdphreak

fbrdphreak Lifer

Sounds like a step backwards to me. All they are really doing is not letting some people get the map packs early. Elite for MW3 gave you all the map packs at a discount AND early. Now you can just pre-purchase all the map packs for $50, but you don't get them early.

The stat tracking features of Elite were already free, just some of the clan stuff wasn't. But if you are in a clan, won't you pay for Elite/Season Pass anyway?

It's not a huge deal to me, just pointing out that it is a step backwards.

8. dougp

dougp Diamond Member

I don't see how it's a step backwards. The early release of the maps to Elite was terrible, I only played the playlists a few times because of how they mixed modes. It really sucked because there weren't a lot of people in the playlists compared to others.

9. fbrdphreak

fbrdphreak Lifer

To each his own I guess. I never had any matchmaking issues in the Elite playlists and I really enjoyed most of the maps, so it was nice to be able to play them exclusively. It also helped me get used to the new maps, because every time a map pack dropped those maps were given priority in the rotation. On top of that, the lobbies were usually a challenge and not because of camping pussies. Obviously, I loved it.

Since they removed the Elite playlists from MW3, I've mostly been playing Kill Confirmed.

10. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Golden Member

We play in a clan and experienced matchmaking issues. You get into a lobby, one person w/o the maps joins in. No new maps. Also there was no new map HC modes. That was a pain.

11. dougp

dougp Diamond Member

I strictly play Merc mode now, to avoid clans - and that is missing as well.

12. Kev

Kev Lifer

I like this new approach because it doesn't fragment elite vs non-elite players until the non-elites are allowed to buy them.

I have never bought all map packs for a COD game, I've never made it past April of the following year so I wouldn't want to pay $50 in advance

13. American Gunner

American Gunner Platinum Member

Dumb question, but there won't be active camo online right? If the previews, it shows guys in it, but I am sure it is just for the story.

14. BD2003

BD2003 Lifer

Nope, unless its something unannounced.

15. American Gunner

American Gunner Platinum Member

Ok, good.

16. sze5003

sze5003 Lifer

I've gotten every cod game. But I'm not sure to get it for pc or ps3? My bro is getting it for ps3 but now I spend more time on computer. Would like to play online with him.

17. Durvelle27

Durvelle27 Diamond Member

Do what I did and get one for pc and one for console

18. sze5003

sze5003 Lifer

Yeah I'm thinking about it maybe get it for pc when it goes down

19. Durvelle27

Or you can get it from direct2play they have it $39.99

20. sze5003

sze5003 Lifer

Really? And its like origin or steam I suppose.

21. zerocool84

zerocool84 Lifer

I'm getting it for Xbox even though I'm a PC gamer because it's more fun to play with your friends.

22. Schfifty Five

What's active camo? I'm sure I know what it is just not familiar with that term.

23. 0___________0

0___________0 Senior member

Which version is that, the region free Steam one, or the Russian? I heard that the Russian version is region locked for multiplayer, you can only access the Russian servers.

24. sze5003

sze5003 Lifer

The 40 dollar one us Russian only. The 50 dollar one is the steam download. There is also a 55 dollar Multilanguage download with nuketown map

25. Durvelle27

Steam