Black Ops 2 Thread - 11-13-12

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
How would that even work? Two USB controllers? I also would not expect this to be true...

Multiplayer split-screen shooters on the PC do exist, and they work just like you said (with multiple controllers plugged in). However, CoD has never supported this feature on PC. So no, there probably won't be splitscreen on the PC.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Preordered this yesterday mainly to play with friends. I haven't bought a CoD game since part 4 but have played other versions over my friends houses.

Last edited:

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
How do you aim with your thumbs? Is it hard?

not at all.

Without any evidence I will go ahead and say 100% definitely no.
Multiplayer split-screen shooters on the PC do exist, and they work just like you said (with multiple controllers plugged in). However, CoD has never supported this feature on PC. So no, there probably won't be splitscreen on the PC.

Im not expecting it either, but i probably wont buy the PC version if it doesn't support it.

Sucks because at my house we play 4 way split screen (either 2v2, or the 4 of us vs AI to see who can get the most kills), and the res bump in playing xbox split 4 ways vs playing my PC 4 ways would have been pretty substantial. We play on my 150" projector screen, and each of us has their own 75" block to themselves, so when we play something like blur split 4 ways, it actually looks pretty good on each screen.

Hopefully if Valve makes a push for more PC games in the living room then we will finally see features like this in more PC games. I had hopes for black ops because at least they have better controller support than the MW games.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
If the single player is better than the last one, I'll buy it. It looks good from the trailer.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
Sounds like a step backwards to me. All they are really doing is not letting some people get the map packs early. Elite for MW3 gave you all the map packs at a discount AND early. Now you can just pre-purchase all the map packs for $50, but you don't get them early.

The stat tracking features of Elite were already free, just some of the clan stuff wasn't. But if you are in a clan, won't you pay for Elite/Season Pass anyway?

It's not a huge deal to me, just pointing out that it is a step backwards.

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
Sounds like a step backwards to me. All they are really doing is not letting some people get the map packs early. Elite for MW3 gave you all the map packs at a discount AND early. Now you can just pre-purchase all the map packs for $50, but you don't get them early.

The stat tracking features of Elite were already free, just some of the clan stuff wasn't. But if you are in a clan, won't you pay for Elite/Season Pass anyway?

I don't see how it's a step backwards. The early release of the maps to Elite was terrible, I only played the playlists a few times because of how they mixed modes. It really sucked because there weren't a lot of people in the playlists compared to others.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
I don't see how it's a step backwards. The early release of the maps to Elite was terrible, I only played the playlists a few times because of how they mixed modes. It really sucked because there weren't a lot of people in the playlists compared to others.
To each his own I guess. I never had any matchmaking issues in the Elite playlists and I really enjoyed most of the maps, so it was nice to be able to play them exclusively. It also helped me get used to the new maps, because every time a map pack dropped those maps were given priority in the rotation. On top of that, the lobbies were usually a challenge and not because of camping pussies. Obviously, I loved it.

Since they removed the Elite playlists from MW3, I've mostly been playing Kill Confirmed.

Abe Froman

Golden Member
Dec 14, 2004
We play in a clan and experienced matchmaking issues. You get into a lobby, one person w/o the maps joins in. No new maps. Also there was no new map HC modes. That was a pain.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001

I like this new approach because it doesn't fragment elite vs non-elite players until the non-elites are allowed to buy them.

I have never bought all map packs for a COD game, I've never made it past April of the following year so I wouldn't want to pay $50 in advance

American Gunner

Platinum Member
Aug 26, 2010
Dumb question, but there won't be active camo online right? If the previews, it shows guys in it, but I am sure it is just for the story.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I've gotten every cod game. But I'm not sure to get it for pc or ps3? My bro is getting it for ps3 but now I spend more time on computer. Would like to play online with him.

Durvelle27

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2012
I've gotten every cod game. But I'm not sure to get it for pc or ps3? My bro is getting it for ps3 but now I spend more time on computer. Would like to play online with him.

Do what I did and get one for pc and one for console

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004

I'm getting it for Xbox even though I'm a PC gamer because it's more fun to play with your friends.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
The 40 dollar one us Russian only. The 50 dollar one is the steam download. There is also a 55 dollar Multilanguage download with nuketown map