Black Ops 2 Thread - 11-13-12

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 20, 2005
I'm most likely going to order the HE (since it won't come with a year of elite which is good imo, makes the package cost less), but does anyone know what those 2 collector/challenge coins are for?

Bman123

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2008
This game will shit all over mw3. I'm going to pre order mine tomorrow when I wake up. Black Ops was the second best cod game so far and this looks like it will follow suit.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
I wont by paying for Elite this year. I got it with my hardened copy last year and it was worthless for months.

So true. I am not resubscribing again.

I thought that I would save some $ by "pre-paying" for the map packs up front, but when they gave that 50% discount to everyone on July 4th or whatever, that was a huge slap in the face. So Fuck You Activision/IW.

The only real benefit was getting maps a little bit earlier than non-prem-elite users, but you know what? That really didn't do me any good since none of my friends had premium.
I disagree. Elite let you get more content regularly. Yes, they eventually discounted the map packs, but how long after they initially came out?

If you don't play a lot, then it's probably not worth it. If you do, then it is.

Although, one concern I have is zombie maps. I didn't play a lot of zombies in BO1 because I didn't play with friends much. As a result, I didn't buy the last map pack that was only zombies. I play with friends more now, so maybe that won't be an issue.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
I'm most likely going to order the HE (since it won't come with a year of elite which is good imo, makes the package cost less), but does anyone know what those 2 collector/challenge coins are for?
The coins have the codes for the extra DLC, according to the video I linked earlier. Otherwise they are just trinkets, as far as I know.

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004
The coins have the codes for the extra DLC, according to the video I linked earlier. Otherwise they are just trinkets, as far as I know.

Hmm, would be good to know if it's DLC I care about - like maps - or DLC I don't care about - like camos/etc.

VGPOM

Sep 17, 2012
www.videogamepreordermadness.com
I've generally enjoyed the IW iterations of CoD more than Treyarch's, but it will be interesting to see how they do with a near-future setting. The previews look pretty engaging. I couldn't care less about the DLC, though. I don't usually hold onto the games long enough to get super-involved in MP.

Bman123

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2008
I can't wait for this game, my group of 6 are going to rape on Xbox live in hardcore with the streak system they have in this game

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Does it seem to anyone else that the graphics aren't as realistic as the older COD games. Everything seems to bright/coloful, like a cartoon. Thoughts?

Sixguns

Platinum Member
May 22, 2011
Other people thought older COD games were too bland and gray.

Does it seem to anyone else that the graphics aren't as realistic as the older COD games. Everything seems to bright/coloful, like a cartoon. Thoughts?

People will always complain one way or the other. I have always been one who doesnt hold graphics as the most important part of a game. Its gotta be about the gameplay because that is all that really matters.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
I did think BLOPS was a little too colorful, but in hindsight I prefer it to the gray depressing rubble of MW3

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
People will always complain one way or the other. I have always been one who doesnt hold graphics as the most important part of a game. Its gotta be about the gameplay because that is all that really matters.
Agreed, esp in MP. But with single player graphics are more important IMO.

Oct 20, 2005
So I have on pre-order a copy of the HE and the Care Package edition for PS3. Not sure which one I want to get so I pre-ordered both for now.

I saw on amazon that the PS3 version of the CP is OOS by amazon, but 3rd party sellers have it listed for $475 and $649! WTF? I know it means nothing unless it sells but is the CP really going to be worth a decent amount above its MSRP?

Were any of the previous carepackage/collector's COD games worth that much? I can't recall any going for much more than MSRP.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
i know this is a longshot, but does anyone know if youll be able to play splitscreen on the PC version? I would kill for this.