Black Man Wears ‘Caucasians’ T-Shirt To Gauge Hypocrisy About Racist Logos

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Something about HaybusaRider's desperate concern seems like its not quite genuine...but maybe that's because I've seen him do this same stupid act with regards to other topics. So, just like when he started calling people rapists for pointing out that women are more likely to be victims of psycho significant others with guns than to use them for self defense against them, wonder how long before he starts calling this black guy a genocidal murderer.

I'm uncertain if your hate makes you stupid or your stupidity is at least in part for your hate.

So as I have some time between stirring the spaghetti sauce, I shall scoop your ass in your hat for you.

Shall we play a game?

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I'm uncertain if your hate makes you stupid or your stupidity is at least in part for your hate.

So as I have some time between stirring the spaghetti sauce, I shall scoop your ass in your hat for you.

Shall we play a game?

Underlying this discussion is something more subtle.

There are all sorts and shades of overt racism -- which have people marching down the street wearing hoods in broad daylight. Lesser but significant varieties have folks saying "my best friends . . . " etc. -- who then turn around when the last Prez was on TV cursing "That f**ing N*****!" A lot of entrenched racism is a variety in which people even deny it to themselves. That's why I would laugh at Trump's remark about being "the least racist person."

Eric Holder demonstrated an acceptable level of hypocrisy when he said that there was some racist element to Trump's base, but that wasn't the major motivator. He's looking at a 2020 run as a candidate, and he's measuring his words carefully. Gotta get those disillusioned Trumpie votes! More power to him.

Whether or not the Redskins question is significant to anything, it may have been raised by folks trying to make a molehill -- you can play with generalities like "White guilt" but it could just as easily be nitpickers with an axe to grind. However, there was plenty of support anyway from the Russell Means crowd.

No, the more insidious idea is the "White Identity World-View." People may say "Well . .. I feel proud of my Western European White heritage." This is a waning majority coming from a dominantly white status-quo, worried about their place in evolutionary progress. Deep down inside, there's this worry that "Non-whites are breeding too much." If you point out their White Identity obsession, they say "You hate White People!"

Examining the scientific evidence, skin-color as a DNA factor is insignificant, and meaningless. And if you look at the long multi-millennial nature of evolution for complex species, realizing that this is all about fate and statistical variation allowing for what could seem "the strongest" to disappear into the tar-pits, it's an absurd fear about nothing.

White-Identity derives from a self-esteem problem. Black[etc.] identity is a reaction to it. Black people would always have wished at times in our history that they were white. Or they just wanted to be "people." The notion of "black identity" is as recent at the Black Panthers of the '60s and the "Black is Beautiful" movement. There's no equivalence. But the White-Identity Obsessives continue to argue an equivalence.

So as someone seemed to show earlier in referring to themselves as "Caucasian," it is also my conscious decision to obliterate the skin-color designation in filling out those little forms accompanying employment applications. I'm a Caucasian. And who knows what other origins from the woodpile add to it? I have a Jewish ancestor from the 14th century . . . There was a native-American in the woodpile. My father's business associates used to remark that "Danny looks like a wet-back."

And we all know what Vlad Putin meant when he joked about Obama's great sun-tan.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Underlying this discussion is something more subtle.

There are all sorts and shades of overt racism -- which have people marching down the street wearing hoods in broad daylight. Lesser but significant varieties have folks saying "my best friends . . . " etc. -- who then turn around when the last Prez was on TV cursing "That f**ing N*****!" A lot of entrenched racism is a variety in which people even deny it to themselves. That's why I would laugh at Trump's remark about being "the least racist person."

Eric Holder demonstrated an acceptable level of hypocrisy when he said that there was some racist element to Trump's base, but that wasn't the major motivator. He's looking at a 2020 run as a candidate, and he's measuring his words carefully. Gotta get those disillusioned Trumpie votes! More power to him.

Whether or not the Redskins question is significant to anything, it may have been raised by folks trying to make a molehill -- you can play with generalities like "White guilt" but it could just as easily be nitpickers with an axe to grind. However, there was plenty of support anyway from the Russell Means crowd.

No, the more insidious idea is the "White Identity World-View." People may say "Well . .. I feel proud of my Western European White heritage." This is a waning majority coming from a dominantly white status-quo, worried about their place in evolutionary progress. Deep down inside, there's this worry that "Non-whites are breeding too much." If you point out their White Identity obsession, they say "You hate White People!"

Examining the scientific evidence, skin-color as a DNA factor is insignificant, and meaningless. And if you look at the long multi-millennial nature of evolution for complex species, realizing that this is all about fate and statistical variation allowing for what could seem "the strongest" to disappear into the tar-pits, it's an absurd fear about nothing.

White-Identity derives from a self-esteem problem. Black[etc.] identity is a reaction to it. Black people would always have wished at times in our history that they were white. Or they just wanted to be "people." The notion of "black identity" is as recent at the Black Panthers of the '60s and the "Black is Beautiful" movement. There's no equivalence. But the White-Identity Obsessives continue to argue an equivalence.

So as someone seemed to show earlier in referring to themselves as "Caucasian," it is also my conscious decision to obliterate the skin-color designation in filling out those little forms accompanying employment applications. I'm a Caucasian. And who knows what other origins from the woodpile add to it? I have a Jewish ancestor from the 14th century . . . There was a native-American in the woodpile. My father's business associates used to remark that "Danny looks like a wet-back."

And we all know what Vlad Putin meant when he joked about Obama's great sun-tan.

The subject is not without subtilties but that's not his problem.

Oh well I might as well explain what's going on.

There was a discussion about firearms and a member wasn't in favor of using them for self defense and somehow rape came into it and the conversation. I made an argument that women might want to have the option of self defense and eventually I said that if carrying was banned then every state needed to allow for an effective non-lethal means of defense.

The response was that there is no inherent right of self defense, and I was fairly offended that no woman has the right to defend herself, that there's no right to a father defending their family or himself.

A few days later I was still unhappy and I posted "feeling rapey today"?, which I admit I should have self censored.

The poster in this thread holds some real or imagined wrong to heart so "feeling rapey" is turned into an actual accusation of rape, and my being irate about people not having the right to defend themselves even by nonlethal means morphed into something else.

And so ends the tale. Naturally he can produce an actual accusation of rape and produce the thread where he claims one thing but I became pissed about what amounts to an argument against women defending themselves or any other person.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
The subject is not without subtilties but that's not his problem.

Oh well I might as well explain what's going on.

There was a discussion about firearms and a member wasn't in favor of using them for self defense and somehow rape came into it and the conversation. I made an argument that women might want to have the option of self defense and eventually I said that if carrying was banned then every state needed to allow for an effective non-lethal means of defense.

The response was that there is no inherent right of self defense, and I was fairly offended that no woman has the right to defend herself, that there's no right to a father defending their family or himself.

A few days later I was still unhappy and I posted "feeling rapey today"?, which I admit I should have self censored.

The poster in this thread holds some real or imagined wrong to heart so "feeling rapey" is turned into an actual accusation of rape, and my being irate about people not having the right to defend themselves even by nonlethal means morphed into something else.

And so ends the tale. Naturally he can produce an actual accusation of rape and produce the thread where he claims one thing but I became pissed about what amounts to an argument against women defending themselves or any other person.

Huhhh??!! You lost me. I thought this was about "Redskins" and a tee-shirt.

Well -- I certainly got enough exercise in creative writing for the day. Fine with me . . . I guess . . .

And "no inherent right of self-defense?" In a news-environment showing the possibility to print a 3D undetectable plastic gun?

There's another recent thread about my immediate reaction: I want to build a bunker . . .

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
And EA has censored the name of Kap in the new Madden... because that's not fucking weird.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Huhhh??!! You lost me. I thought this was about "Redskins" and a tee-shirt.

Well -- I certainly got enough exercise in creative writing for the day. Fine with me . . . I guess . . .

And "no inherent right of self-defense?" In a news-environment showing the possibility to print a 3D undetectable plastic gun?

There's another recent thread about my immediate reaction: I want to build a bunker . . .

It's complicated.

But in any case does a woman have a right to defend herself? Note not with printed guns, but in principle?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
All those examples, and the mom is the worst. Teaching her children that stuff and including them in it.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Well, if it's about "self-defense," can I put an inflammatory poster slamming Trumpies on the back of my SUV, carry a baseball bat in the back seat, and bash somebody's brains in for self-defense?

On the other hand, how can anyone assert that nobody has a right to legitimately defend themselves?

Here's one, and it's not original -- it's really a recent 2017 movie script line.

Who says you can't steal a car in self-defense?

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Also here's one white woman attacked...
https://www.newsvideoclip.tv/white-woman-steals-black-lives-matter-sign-at-protest-gets-punched/

(oops, not in line with UC's narrative either)

For those who don't want to go to some ridiculous website that is not telling the truth in the description.

Lead up to the incident
https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sha...71143/&display=popup&ref=plugin&src=video#_=_
Incident up close.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=2XijA2Ee3yk

White woman aggressively storms up to the speaker in a middle of a protest, protestors react to woman going nuts at the speaker. Crazy white woman then rips a sign out of another woman's hands and tears it up.The protestor punches her.

Nov 8, 2012
Good ol' HuffPo. Might as well be quoting articles from Breitbart.

News flash: They did a pole, something like 97% of native americans didn't give a shit about the stupid fucking Redskins logo (or any other stupid shit like Cleveland Indians). Go find something else to get butt-hurt about for something that doesn't even involve yourself.

If I saw someone wearing that I would just laugh at how stupid they look in it. Hell, you could write "Cracker" in place of caucasian and I would still laugh it up.

Nov 8, 2012
Who knew? Native Americans love being identified with a pejorative. What city do the N****rs team play in? Seems to me there is no difference right? By the way, I grew up as a Redskins fan. Can't even begin to bring the subject up with my brother who still lives in the area.

Edit: No problem with a team named the Braves. I would take it as a complement, but as you should know by now, you need to ask a native American how he feels about it.

Yes, indeed you should ask them. Because They. Don't. Give. A. Shit. Repeat after me. REAL Native Americans don't give a shit you fucktards. It's just liberal yuppies telling everyone else what they should be offended about.

Gotta love the irony of people telling OTHER people what they should be offended by.

Reactions: UglyCasanova

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
For those who don't want to go to some ridiculous website that is not telling the truth in the description.

Lead up to the incident
https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https://www.facebook.com/NewHughes/videos/2111379002471143/&display=popup&ref=plugin&src=video#_=_
Incident up close.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=2XijA2Ee3yk

White woman aggressively storms up to the speaker in a middle of a protest, protestors react to woman going nuts at the speaker. Crazy white woman then rips a sign out of another woman's hands and tears it up.The protestor punches her.

That protest was about Blevins, a black suspect in Minnesota who was shot with gun in hand after firing at an officer in pursuit. The shooting was caught on a camera including the suspect aiming the gun at the officer right before he was killed. Even with this evidence, the protesters insisted it was a bad shoot and the cops were lying. The black man who called the police on the suspect (because suspect was drunk and shooting his gun off) was terrified of identifying himself.

Operator: Did you want the police to come and talk to you or just try and find him?
Caller: Oh. No, no, no, no ma’am! I don’t want to be labelled as a snitch. Could be killed doing shit like this. Please do not send no cops. Don’t say my name. I just want to be (inaudible)
Operator: I won’t. I understand. I haven’t asked your name. Can you confirm your phone number for me please?
Caller: Uh.
Operator: I’m sorry your phones cutting out. Hello?
Caller: (muffled talking in the background)
Operator: Can you hear me?
Caller: Yeah. Can you hear me?
Operator: Can you confirm your phone number for me please?
Caller: I don’t know my phone number ma’am.
Operator: I already have it. I just have to ask you to confirm it.
Caller: (Inaudible) I don’t want to give it to you. If you already got it…I be knowing so much right now, Idon’t, I don’t—
Operator: Okay. If anything changes or you have any further information....

The worst mistake the cops made in this incident was releasing the audio tape of the 911 call. The guy who made that call may very well pay for it with his life.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/07/...oting-minneapolis-experts-legal-use-of-force/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-who-say-he-was-armed/?utm_term=.9adb5d2779ba

Last edited:

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
That protest was about Blevins, a black suspect in Minnesota who was shot with gun in hand after firing at an officer in pursuit. The shooting was caught on a camera including the suspect aiming the gun at the officer right before he was killed. Even with this evidence, the protesters insisted it was a bad shoot and the cops were lying. The black man who called the police on the suspect (because suspect was drunk and shooting his gun off) was terrified of identifying himself.

The worst mistake the cops made in this incident was releasing the audio tape of the 911 call. The guy who made that call may very well pay for it with his life.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/07/...oting-minneapolis-experts-legal-use-of-force/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-who-say-he-was-armed/?utm_term=.9adb5d2779ba

This is anandtech. No one cares about why they were protesting. Thought and prayers....good shoot ...whatever. I don't care about their protest. I don't care about anything but pointing out some crazy lady stormed a protest and then went nuts. Protestor punched her after crazy lady went nuts on her.

However...after a quick read up on the case reveals some fun stuff

Using a national ballistics database, forensic examiners traced the gun back to a man with a permit to carry who said his wife is a close friend of Blevin's girlfriend.
During an interview with officers, the legal gun owner said he had just returned from a trip out of state and heard about a shooting in the neighborhood.

In an audio interview, officers asked the man if he owned a 9mm firearm and if he knew what happened to it.

In the audio, the man confirmed that he did and went to check on it. When he returned, he told officers his Smith & Wesson was missing. The man went on to say he wasn't sure if it was loaned or sold.
According to investigative data, the same firearm was linked to a burglary the month before.
https://kstp.com/news/release-of-evidence-reveals-who-owned-gun-thurman-blevins-carried-/5011078/

Law abiding, legal gun owner for the win!!!

Nov 25, 2013
And EA has censored the name of Kap in the new Madden... because that's not fucking weird.

They apologized and are trying to make it right.

"We made an unfortunate mistake with our Madden NFL soundtrack. Members of our team misunderstood the fact that, while we don't have rights to include Colin Kaepernick in the game, this doesn't affect soundtracks. We messed up, and the edit should never have happened. We will make it right, with an update to Madden NFL 19 on August 6 that will include the reference again. We meant no disrespect, and we apologize to Colin, to YG and Big Sean, to the NFL, to all of their fans, and our players for this mistake."

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018...ving-kaepernicks-name-from-song-in-madden-19/

Reactions: jackstar7

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
My friend has had that shirt for like 6 years and wears it on gamedays. He's not a sports fan at all but he comes to hang out with us who are all huge Redskins fans. We all think it's pretty damn funny. He doesn't wear it out in public though, just around his buddies.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Before Reaganomics and trickle down, when unions were still strong, you can earn a living wage and support a family, real liberal democrats controlled congress, you can expose racism for what it was on TV and laugh about it without having every snowflake triggered like today,

and they say we are better off today yet we are more divided than ever.

Imagine something like this on TV today, there would be rioting in the streets.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Ha.. I find the shirt hilarious. The real team name is much worse than just caucasians. It''s more equivalent to calling Asians "yellows" or white people "crackers". Yet somehow this NFL team gets away with it mostly due to the support of white people.

Nov 8, 2012
You don't know any native americans in the Northwest then.
I'm sorry, I'm too busy going by facts from a liberal media newspaper compaby. Keep pulling stats out of your ass though, that is sure to work wonders in 5he world of facts.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
This is no big deal IMO just like the ********************* is no big deal to most people ( even Native Americans ).

Anybody that is offended by this is just too sensitive IMO.
I used to be ok with it until someone posted this...

ncai-poster.jpg

And I kinda changed my mind.