Discussion Black Friday has begun...

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
So what out of stock thing are you going to grumble about?

Also are you willing to unload a shipping container....their just sitting around?

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
So what out of stock thing are you going to grumble about?

Also are you willing to unload a shipping container....their just sitting around?
I've been trying to have a professional come install de-icing cables on my roof before this winter and I was told by one business that they couldn't get to my request until after this winter is over due to supply issues.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
By the way, BF started in like April July 2020.

Fixed. (except for GPU's!)

Do you use your IP to make rice or do you have a separate rice maker?

I have made rice in my IP for the convenience of cutting down on clean-up but I also have an older Japanese rice-cooker (Zojirushi) which I prefer to use most of the time because it simply makes better, "fluffier" rice.

Reactions: Pohemi

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Do you use your IP to make rice or do you have a separate rice maker?

I used to have a dedicated Japanese fuzzy-logic rice maker but donated it to a friend after I got the Instant Pot. The fuzzy-logic ones are really good if you eat a lot of rice & want to keep it warm to graze on all day. I switched to macros & meal-prepping, so now I just cook it in a big batch (or pot-in-pot for a single serving) & either eat it or put it in a meal-prep container. The Instant Pot does a really great job with Jasmine, Basmati, Sushi, Brown Rice, etc.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I used to have a dedicated Japanese fuzzy-logic rice maker but donated it to a friend after I got the Instant Pot. The fuzzy-logic ones are really good if you eat a lot of rice & want to keep it warm to graze on all day. I switched to macros & meal-prepping, so now I just cook it in a big batch (or pot-in-pot for a single serving) & either eat it or put it in a meal-prep container. The Instant Pot does a really great job with Jasmine, Basmati, Sushi, Brown Rice, etc.
How does the quality of the rice compare? How long does the IP take to make brown rice (jasmine, basmati)?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
How does the quality of the rice compare? How long does the IP take to make brown rice (jasmine, basmati)?

As I have posted previously I have an IP that I've used to make rice (mainly Jasmine) but only for the sake of convenience. It does a decent job but I still prefer the results I get from from my rice cooker.

One thing the IP is MUCH better for however is cooking other denser grains that the rice cooker can't deal with. Also it works great for 1-pot fried rice!

Last edited:
Reactions: pete6032

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Given supply chain issues I would not be against the idea of cancelling gifts this year and only making Christmas about seeing family. Especially if they don't impose limits to how many people can be in the same house. I'm not sure what the rules are for that now days. Last year we just ensured to minimize amount of vehicles in any given driveway or on the street.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
We do have a separate forum for this, just in case you find any deals that are actually worth while. Something tells me that the only things that will be on sale are things on closeout discount that nobody really wanted anyway.