Black Friday Deals?

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Dell has some really cheap laptops. The really cheap junk comes equipped with Celerons, though, and a pathetically small amount of RAM and storage.

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
What items do you predict will have the biggest deals on pc hardware?
Last year, I got my best "deals" on pretty much everything the week before Black Friday, with another one or two on Cyber Monday and the rest of that week. Just something to bear in mind. Black Friday/weekend per se has been sliding downhill at a fast clip for years now, but based on the ads released so far this year, it seems to have really hit bottom and to be just splashing around in the mud at this point... (very much for lack of a better metaphor.:oops:/o_O/:D )

Last edited:
Reactions: VirtualLarry

BenJeremy

Oct 31, 2004
Worst Black Friday Ever.

Yeah, same thing gets said every year, too... but it is certainly true this year. Not a single deal on OLED or QLED TVs (as a plasma owner, these are the only LED TVs worth getting), few deals on VR sets (at least not 'must buy' deals) and certainly nothing worth getting trampled at 6am on Friday morning for.

I don't expect any killer deals on GPUs... Bitcoin mining has put a premium on these for years, just as mobile has impacted flash and ram prices for some time.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Worst Black Friday Ever.

Yeah, same thing gets said every year, too... but it is certainly true this year. Not a single deal on OLED or QLED TVs (as a plasma owner, these are the only LED TVs worth getting), few deals on VR sets (at least not 'must buy' deals) and certainly nothing worth getting trampled at 6am on Friday morning for.

I don't expect any killer deals on GPUs... Bitcoin mining has put a premium on these for years, just as mobile has impacted flash and ram prices for some time.
To be fair, NE has a 1080GTX for like $500 which isn't bad, although that's what I got mine for like a year ago, so it's not great either.

Otherwise yeah, aside from maybe one or two SSD's, nothing truly killer bust-down-the-digital-doors sales from what I saw.

hondaf17

Sep 25, 2005
Anyone find a good deal on a Microsoft Surface or Lenovo Yoga? I'd like something with an 11-12 inch screen size. Needs to be laptop and portable and run my work programs (office and CRM software). Have suggestions of where I should be looking? Thanks!

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Any sales on 4X8 32GB 3200mhz 14cl RAM?

That stuff has gone up 50% in the last month or so.