Black Family Handcuffed by Colorado Police After SUV mistaken for a stolen motorcycle...

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
C`mon!! HOW do you mistake a SUV for a motorcycle???
Also making young children lie face down and even handcuffing several of them?
If you watch the video that is what it claims.....
These kids will have their college paid in full!!

Colorado's Aurora Police Department publicly apologized after video went viral of a Black mother and four children being forced to lie face-down in a parking lot after officers mistook their SUV for a stolen vehicle - a motorcycle with out of state license plates. The kids, who range in age from 6 to 17, lay on their stomachs in a parking lot, crying for help. Some of them were handcuffed. The Aurora Police Department recently came under fire for the 2019 in-custody death of Elijah McClain.

Last edited:

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
Didn’t Colorado just pass a law that strikes down the qualified immunity for the police. I wonder how this will play out

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
and we still wonder why black youth have an unfavorable view of cops
I always “love” how “culture” gets thrown back in the face of the black community.

“If only they respected the law and worked hard to get ahead they wouldn’t have these problems. After all I worked hard and respected the law and I got ahead”

This from the same people who bought guns and screamed tyranny when the government tried to fix healthcare or raise capital gains tax rate.

Just think what their views of police and government would have been if they’d been the target of the war on drugs, redlining, blacklists, lynchings, and racially motivated killings over the last couple of centuries.

Reactions: Linux23
Nov 29, 2006
Id love to hear this one explained from one cop to another. "Sir, were looking for a stolen motorcycle from (insert whatever state is was other than CO), why are we pulling over an SUV with CO plates?"..."Did you see the color of their skin? You know they did something illegal recruit"

Lots of derp going on. Hope they get punished.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
C`mon!! HOW do you mistake a SUC for a motorcycle???
Also making young children lie face down and even handcuffing several of them?
If you watch the video that is what it claims.....
These kids will have their college paid in full!!

Colorado's Aurora Police Department publicly apologized after video went viral of a Black mother and four children being forced to lie face-down in a parking lot after officers mistook their SUV for a stolen vehicle - a motorcycle with out of state license plates. The kids, who range in age from 6 to 17, lay on their stomachs in a parking lot, crying for help. Some of them were handcuffed. The Aurora Police Department recently came under fire for the 2019 in-custody death of Elijah McClain.

Maybe it was a motorcycle that transformed into a SUV!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So here's the latest. The tag numbers were identical but plate was out of state. WTF! No excuse. I doubt the colors matched.

Same police department that killed Elijah McClain and cops bragged about that. Any doubt this ENTIRE department needs to be disbanded? They have a new chief but that won't eliminate all the internal rot.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I still don't understand why kids were being handcuffed face down. Wtf is going on with cops these days?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Let's see the APD killed Elijah McClain, bragged about it and then abused this family.

No systemic problems here, right deplorables?