Black Chicago residents blast Obama over immigration

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
This is clearly a mix of refugees who are fleeing for their lives and asking for humanitarian aid and asylum, and some immigrant issues. I think a lot of the flux of these children are more for fear of their lives. .

I think it is more the "In before the lock" tsunami.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Looks like it's due to the vaccine being changed so people need to get booster shots for it to be effective.

I think it was in 2007 or 2008, don't care to look it up right now, but there was an epidemic of mumps in Ohio.

Patient zero had been to england, became infected, returned to the united states and started an epidemic.

One person started an epidemic in which the vast majority of people were fully vaccinated.

And now the US government is sending tens of thousands of kids across the nation?

This immigration issue is going to be the nail in the coffin for obama. Even his most rabid supports should be losing faith. obama can ask congress for billions to deal with this illegal immigration flood, but what about helping our own.

If military bases can be used to house illegals, why can't those bases be used to help homeless people?

Why are illegals getting food, housing, a bed or cot, legal representation,,, when we have homeless on our streets.

Last edited:

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
I think it was in 2007 or 2008, don't care to look it up right now, but there was an epidemic of mumps in Ohio.

Patient zero had been to england, became infected, returned to the united states and started an epidemic.

One person started an epidemic in which the vast majority of people were fully vaccinated.

And now the US government is sending tens of thousands of kids across the nation?

This immigration issue is going to be the nail in the coffin for obama. Even his most rabid supports should be losing faith. obama can ask congress for billions to deal with this illegal immigration flood, but what about helping our own.

If military bases can be used to house illegals, why can't those bases be used to help homeless people?

Why are illegals getting food, housing, a bed or cot, legal representation,,, when we have homeless on our streets.

Because it ticks you off, which is a joy in and of itself.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Intelligent people in minority communities have been against illegal immigration for years. It's just that no one gives a shit what intelligent minorities have to say. Democrats want the dumbest possible minorities that will just go along with whatever- even dumping millions of even poorer people into their neighborhoods for increased party power at the expense of homegrown minorities... and Republicans simply have no reason to give a shit since they're just as corrupt and get very little minority support anyway.

So US minorities (especially blacks) need to just suck it up: you're expendable. The poor streaming across our borders get whatever they want, INCLUDING your ENTIRE neighborhoods if they want them, and whatever jobs you were hoping you might get, ALL the social services you might have hoped to have access to. So says the powers that be, so says Emperor Obama, so says all of his cronies that want the cheapest possible labor both from you, and all the illegals that will be dumped right on top of you, like it or not.

Deal.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
What can honestly be said about a president who favors Muslim nations, gives weapons to Egypt, isolates Israel, isolates Russia, lowers trade sanctions on Iran and protects illegal immigrants.

Its very telling that you think those things are bad.

I'm confused on what you expect him to do about this exactly? The people need to be processed, housed, fed, clothed until something can be done about them.

Obama can ask a lot of stuff, but with the way the House is, nothing will happen as the mouthbreating republicans in there won't pass anything.

Its funny seeing the rightwingers try to pretend they give a shit about something like this, but won't actually do anything to help. Help Obama pass legislation for a change instead of running kangaroo courts and trying to impeach him. Oh wait, too difficult for the rightwing base to comprehend.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
I'm confused on what you expect him to do about this exactly? The people need to be processed, housed, fed, clothed until something can be done about them.

What do you do? You pack them up, send them back, and build a massive wall between the two nations.

You build a wall even GOD has not seen. A wall so massive the zombies from Day Z would not be able to climb.

When the states were trying to deal with illegal immigration the justice department sued the states.

Now that the states can not deal with illegal immigrants, there is a flood. The states can not secure their own borders, can not do anything with those illegals as the states hands have been tied be the federal government.

Now that the flood gates have ruptured, what is the federal government supposed to do? They helped create this mess, but are unable to deal with it. Which is typical liberal agenda. Create a big mess, then do not do anything about it.

Before this illegal immigration issue is over, obama will have liberal democrats voting republican.

The feds wanted control of illegal immigration, here is the flood, deal with it.

This flood of illegal immigrants is obamas 9/11. Instead of only new york dealing with the dust and debris from the towers collapsing, the whole nation will feel the effect.

Last edited:

squarecut1

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2013
What can honestly be said about a president who favors Muslim nations, gives weapons to Egypt, isolates Israel, isolates Russia, lowers trade sanctions on Iran and protects illegal immigrants.

This forum sure has its share of the backwater types, and then some

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
You don't need a wall. Mexico has always had lots of poor people (NOTE: it is NOT a poor country, despite what moron Americans have been rooked into believing, it's currently the 14th richest nation on earth), we've always been relatively much wealthier, and we've in the past not had nearly so bad illegal immigration problems. No walls needed.

Why? Simple- we didn't as a nation tolerate it as we do now. The fines and penalties on employers for hiring illegal labor outweighed the benefits of doing so. It wasn't a huge problem, because it's a problem of laws and economics- not of physical barriers.

Now we're hellbent on doing the opposite (make the economics of hiring illegal labor far outweigh any consequences (in fact, WHAT consequences?) and even outweigh hiring legal citizens)- and so long as too many Americans are dumb enough to go along with it, then we as a nation get what we deserve.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

Obama can ask a lot of stuff, but with the way the House is, nothing will happen as the mouthbreating republicans in there won't pass anything.

Its funny seeing the rightwingers try to pretend they give a shit about something like this, but won't actually do anything to help. Help Obama pass legislation for a change instead of running kangaroo courts and trying to impeach him. Oh wait, too difficult for the rightwing base to comprehend.

Dump them back in Mexico where they just were.

Failing that send the bill for their care to their country of origin. If they can't pay start seizing assets they, or their citizens, have in the US.

squarecut1

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2013
If Jesse Jackson says something is bad, chances are there is a fair amount of good in it. As for this situation, yeah I can see why Jesse would be ticked off

Pneumothorax

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2002

Hardly anything if at all of that 3.7 billion he's asking for will even begin to slow down the tide of illegal kids crossing. In fact, it's akin to just restocking the jewelry cases with even more after you've already let the crooks break in and steal the diamonds. All the extra money does is allocate more for housing and 'processing' the illegals. I agree they have to be 'processed' but we all know that hardly of them will ever come back to court so we all know the 90,000+ that have gotten through will eventually become naturalized citizens...

Obama nor his mouthpieces have not mentioned anything about changing that stupid 2008 law that he has to supposedly obey whilst he chooses to gloss over the laws on the books that compel him to deport non-felon illegals. i.e. the 'Dream Act kids'

Another fun tidbit, is the majority of the illegal 'kids' are very close to 18 and are in prime reproductive age, so we all know they'll be doing what they do best: popping out new anchor babies within the next 9 months or so.

Last edited:

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Another fun tidbit, is the majority of the illegal 'kids' are very close to 18 and are in prime reproductive age, so we all know they'll be doing what they do best: popping out new anchor babies within the next 9 months or so.

What is a 17 year old looking at doing:

Sex, sex and more sex
Looking for a job
Crime
Stealing
Breaking and entering
Drugs
Drinking
Drinking and driving
Join a gang

Those are not racial issues. Most young men push the envelope in whatever way they can.

My honest opinion, all this talk about legalizing illegals has helped contribute to a flood. They want to get into the nation so they can be granted amnesty like everyone else.

There are what, an estimated 20 million illegals in the United States? What is a few more million going to hurt?

Where are the jobs for supposed to come from? Chances are a lot of them will end up on welfare, food stamps and public housing. We already have a record number of people on welfare, what is a few more million going to hurt?

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Wasn't Barack Obama somewhat responsible for Obamacare? I mean, it's named after him.

Obama isn't responsible for anything. He hears about it in the news, just like you and me. If he'd touch something, he'd own it. But his whole political career has been one of dodging that very thing. He railed against Bush for not going to NO right after Katrina, yet he won't go anywhere near the refugee camps.

Pneumothorax

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2002
What is a 17 year old looking at doing:

Sex, sex and more sex
Looking for a job
Crime
Stealing
Breaking and entering
Drugs
Drinking
Drinking and driving
Join a gang

Those are not racial issues. Most young men push the envelope in whatever way they can.

My honest opinion, all this talk about legalizing illegals has helped contribute to a flood. They want to get into the nation so they can be granted amnesty like everyone else.

There are what, an estimated 20 million illegals in the United States? What is a few more million going to hurt?

Where are the jobs for supposed to come from? Chances are a lot of them will end up on welfare, food stamps and public housing. We already have a record number of people on welfare, what is a few more million going to hurt?

What I find most amusing when talking to Latino relatives (my wife is Tex-Mex from S.A.) is that they vote Dem all the time as they expect the government to provide/nurture for them when all the latin american countries are basically shitholes because of their governments. What gives them the disconnect that giving our own government that kind of power is supposed to have a different outcome?!

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Do you mean the Black Irish Communist Muslim. His father was a communist Muslim. He said as much in his own book.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
What I find most amusing when talking to Latino relatives (my wife is Tex-Mex from S.A.) is that they vote Dem all the time as they expect the government to provide/nurture for them when all the latin american countries are basically shitholes because of their governments. What gives them the disconnect that giving our own government that kind of power is supposed to have a different outcome?!

Part of the liberal agenda is designed to get people latched onto the governments tit. The other part is not to take responsibility for your actions.

If obama can ask for billions to help with illegal immigration:

What about billions to provide medical treatment to the poor?

What about billions to provide free college educations?

What about billions to create infrastructure projects such as highways?

Instead of empowering people to help themselves, liberal democrats create a sense of entitlement. Those illegals probably think they are entitled to come to the US, just like everyone has done since Regan granted amnesty.

If obama wanted to spend billions to fix the immigration issue, invade mexico, overthrow the government, and stabilize the nation.

If people had jobs and a sense of security, they would not be coming to the United States.