Bittorent question...

cpals

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2001
Since someone posted the Alias show using bittorrent (sp), I figured I'd ask the question here.

Can I stop and restart the download where I left off? Or does it restart all over... The program doesn't seem to be very user-friendly.

cpals

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2001
I saved the link to my hard drive. It renamed it though to xxxx.avi.avi and I just renamed it back to .avi.torrent

After that you "should" be able to double click it, not sure... I don't really know how I got it to work. :)

Entity

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: rh71
Was this Electrode's link ? Damnit for some reason it won't initiate my BT client when I click on the .torrent link..

http://66.227.245.98:2400/btfiles/Alias%20-%202x21%20-%20The%20Telling%20(tv%20rip).avi.torrent

^^^ does that work for anyone using the Windows BT Client ? Link comes from the other Alias threads from today... so I'm sure he doesn't mind.

I'm getting Page Cannot Be Displayed

The filename ends in .avi, despite the fact that it says ".torrent." Change the filename from Alias - 2x21 - The Telling (tv rip).avi.torrent.avi to Alias - 2x21 - The Telling (tv rip).avi.torrent.

Works for me after doing that.

Rob

Electrode

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
As I said once before, I think it's due to my web server not being configured to handle .torrent files. Since it doesn't recognize the file format and doesn't know what .torrent means, it sees the .avi in the filename and decides to return a MIME type of video/x-msvideo, which web browsers that don't know better will attempt to handle as an AVI file.

People like me shouldn't be allowed to run web servers. :eek:

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Entity
Originally posted by: rh71
Was this Electrode's link ? Damnit for some reason it won't initiate my BT client when I click on the .torrent link..

http://66.227.245.98:2400/btfiles/Alias%20-%202x21%20-%20The%20Telling%20(tv%20rip).avi.torrent

^^^ does that work for anyone using the Windows BT Client ? Link comes from the other Alias threads from today... so I'm sure he doesn't mind.

I'm getting Page Cannot Be Displayed

The filename ends in .avi, despite the fact that it says ".torrent." Change the filename from Alias - 2x21 - The Telling (tv rip).avi.torrent.avi to Alias - 2x21 - The Telling (tv rip).avi.torrent.

Works for me after doing that.

Rob
Thanks! Finally... had to save target to HDD first... then rename to .torrrent. Double-click, and I'm off...

2 peers, 1 seed, going at 144KBps right now. :D

Electrode

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Alright, I added an entry to /etc/apache/mime.types, so it should work correctly now.