birthday card letters

tokie

Golden Member
Jun 1, 2006
so, every year on my birthday I recieve cards/money from family I never see. and in turn, I write a letter back thanking them and letting them know what I have been up to. so what I do is just write one letter, and I just change the names on the letters and keep the content the same. is this a bad thing to do? I mean, I'm just going a generic thank-you and what-I-am-doing-lately.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: tokie
so, every year on my birthday I recieve cards/money from family I never see. and in turn, I write a letter back thanking them and letting them know what I have been up to. so what I do is just write one letter, and I just change the names on the letters and keep the content the same. is this a bad thing to do? I mean, I'm just going a generic thank-you and what-I-am-doing-lately.

i wouldn't say that's a bad thing to do. most people aren't that gracious to begin with.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
What about birthday cards themselves? My family buys a card, and inserts their personal message into the card on a separate piece of paper. Then, the card itself is untouched by ink. Their reasoning is so that I can reuse the card on someone else.

So, is it acceptable to send the same card back to them? Or must it be used soley on a 3rd party?

Yes, my family is cheap.

Kaspian

Golden Member
Aug 30, 2004
Originally posted by: dullard
What about birthday cards themselves? My family buys a card, and inserts their personal message into the card on a separate piece of paper. Then, the card itself is untouched by ink. Their reasoning is so that I can reuse the card on someone else.

So, is it acceptable to send the same card back to them? Or must it be used soley on a 3rd party?

So the card itself becomes part of a gift.........I dont see anything wrong with that either. Hallmark on the other hand.....................................................