Bioshock reccomended difficulty setting?

zanemoseley

Feb 27, 2011
Just got Bioshock free from Gamefly, just played for about 15 minutes on hard but was starting to get my ass kicked a bit. What would you recommend for the difficulty? I've played many shooters but like it when they have 4-5 settings and I usually play between medium and hard. It actually looks like you can change the difficulty in the middle of playing a game, can someone confirm this.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
I dunno, I get bored about 1/3 of the way through every time. I usually do normal difficulty and adjust my tequila intake off that.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I dunno, I get bored about 1/3 of the way through every time. I usually do normal difficulty and adjust my tequila intake off that.

Same here. I kept trying to get into Bioshock and I got bored every time. Not for everyone I guess.

OP, just turn down the difficulty a notch.

zanemoseley

Feb 27, 2011
I moved it down to medium and played a bit more, I think medium is about right. Oddly enough some of the elements in the game remind me of Batman and Portal. The bad thing is that something about the movement is f'ing with my head, hopefully I will get used to it.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
I moved it down to medium and played a bit more, I think medium is about right. Oddly enough some of the elements in the game remind me of Batman and Portal. The bad thing is that something about the movement is f'ing with my head, hopefully I will get used to it.

If I remember right, the field of view was bad in that game. Also, the controls were awful unless you changed a bunch of settings in the config.

OmegaSupreme

Nov 3, 2012

IIRC, it's usng the Unreal gamne engine, which kinda sucks IMO. Any Unreal game I've played always "feels" weird.

Personally, most single player games I play for the story rather than "a challenge". That's what online multiplayer games are for. SO I just set it to easy and enjoy the story. :whiste:

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Bioshock on hard is loads of fun.

Bioshock's story is amazing. Just let it envelop you. Embrace the story, setting and music. A truly epic game and quite fun.

PS: researching enemies will give you bonus tonics and more damage to inflict. Best tonic is Natural Camouflage. You can really mess with splicers and Big Daddies with this tonic. Combine it with Insect Swarm and watch the fun begin.

JoetheLion

Nov 8, 2012
Yup, play it on hard, it's actually not that hard :)D), after acquiring few plasmids, you'll get the hang of it. Good strategy is to keep moving and shooting from behind the various obstacles. But I guess that this is true for most action games.

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
bioshock is a weird game, it might start a bit hard but once you level up some of the plasmid and find some of the cool ones and better weapons the game starts to get easier and easier

the game is more about experimenting and having fun with plasmids and using enemies as test subjects than actually challenging :p

but it has one of the best atmospheres and stories lately, and one of the BEST twists in history! (well..maybe i exaggerated a bit, but it IS quite good and surprising)

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
I love Bioshock, I think it's an excellent game. I personally feel the most important thing is for you to see the environments, and experience the story. So, drop it down to easiest if needs be.

Better that you forgo a challenge if the alternative is that you end up getting frustrated and giving up entirely, and miss out on the great environments and story.