Bioshock patch to be ready midnight PST

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
so in about 2 1/2 hours from now we will finally have the patch
http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/home.html

PC PATCH UPDATES, FIXES, AND FEATURES

- Added the following plasmids and gene tonics: Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom 2, Eve Saver, Machine Buster, Machine - Buster 2, Vending Expert, Vending Expert 2
- Added an Option to disable the Vita-Chambers for added difficulty
- Added support for a walk toggle keybind
- Added Horizontal FOV Lock option
- Fixed mouse acceleration issues
- Fixed reserved keys not functioning properly when keys are unbound
- Fixed multiple cases of keys not allowing a rebind
- Re-added the Human Inferno tonic
- Changed behavior of subtitles so that inappropriate queuing does not occur
- Changed functionality of keybinding lookup to only search in the current input context when finding bindings for in-game display
- Added rendering support for TripleHead2Go
- Atlas VO volume increased for German releases
- Fixed issue of subtitles not clearing correctly occasionally
- Fixed issue causing long hitches or hangs when accessing certain interface screens, machines, and the hacking minigame
- Fix for a potential situation in Recreation where taking a picture of Cobb is impossible if his body gets stuck behind a fallen pillar
- Fixed subtitle timings to more accurately match the on screen audio
- Fixed issue causing stuttering audio when using Windows Vista
- Fixed issue with characters squirming and wiggling after death
- Fixed blood decals and other projectors not showing up on ATI hardware
- The "Enable EAX" option is now greyed out when EAX-capable hardware is not present
- Fixed audio issues stemming from having a Speaker Setting in Windows that was invalid for the current sound card
- Removed erroneous "Reload" binding in a no-weapons context
- Fixed incorrect Training Message concerning bots who are friendly to enemy AIs
- Fixed incorrect Training Message when shooting a Mimic
- Fixed refresh rate being locked at 60hz in DX10 mode
- Fixed VSync disabling in DX10 mode

skulkingghost

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2006
I must say I am kind of excited to try the new plasmids...... but nothing that will make me want to play the whole game through again. I am having much more fun with cod 4 (2x through) and crysis (3rd time)

However doe anyone feel like this patch came much too late to the ballgame? Its been MONTHS.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: skulkingghost
I must say I am kind of excited to try the new plasmids...... but nothing that will make me want to play the whole game through again. I am having much more fun with cod 4 (2x through) and crysis (3rd time)

However doe anyone feel like this patch came much too late to the ballgame? Its been MONTHS.
well if the patch actually fixes everything listed and doesnt break anything else than its worth it. I only had one crash in the game but the mouse issue drove me nuts.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
I don't see 'removed SecurRom from Steam version' which is the only patch required for me to buy this game.

garkon

Aug 13, 2004
Originally posted by: toyota
so in about 2 1/2 hours from now we will finally have the patch
http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/home.html

PC PATCH UPDATES, FIXES, AND FEATURES

- Added the following plasmids and gene tonics: Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom 2, Eve Saver, Machine Buster, Machine - Buster 2, Vending Expert, Vending Expert 2
- Added an Option to disable the Vita-Chambers for added difficulty
- Added support for a walk toggle keybind
- Added Horizontal FOV Lock option

- Fixed mouse acceleration issues
- Fixed reserved keys not functioning properly when keys are unbound
- Fixed multiple cases of keys not allowing a rebind
- Re-added the Human Inferno tonic
- Changed behavior of subtitles so that inappropriate queuing does not occur
- Changed functionality of keybinding lookup to only search in the current input context when finding bindings for in-game display
- Added rendering support for TripleHead2Go
- Atlas VO volume increased for German releases
- Fixed issue of subtitles not clearing correctly occasionally
- Fixed issue causing long hitches or hangs when accessing certain interface screens, machines, and the hacking minigame
- Fix for a potential situation in Recreation where taking a picture of Cobb is impossible if his body gets stuck behind a fallen pillar
- Fixed subtitle timings to more accurately match the on screen audio
- Fixed issue causing stuttering audio when using Windows Vista
- Fixed issue with characters squirming and wiggling after death
- Fixed blood decals and other projectors not showing up on ATI hardware
- The "Enable EAX" option is now greyed out when EAX-capable hardware is not present
- Fixed audio issues stemming from having a Speaker Setting in Windows that was invalid for the current sound card
- Removed erroneous "Reload" binding in a no-weapons context
- Fixed incorrect Training Message concerning bots who are friendly to enemy AIs
- Fixed incorrect Training Message when shooting a Mimic
- Fixed refresh rate being locked at 60hz in DX10 mode
- Fixed VSync disabling in DX10 mode

things which i am happy about, i cant tell you how much i wanted a walk key in this game. And i hated the vita chambers, though i would reload when i died anyways, but now its the way it should be. Of course new plasmids are cool. I never had a problem w/ the games, so the patch wasn't SO necessary, but i'll play though again sometime.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Daverino
I don't see 'removed SecurRom from Steam version' which is the only patch required for me to buy this game.

Agreed, give me this or give me a PS3 version!

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
those added plasmids and tonics sound pretty shitty.

vending machine tonic?
machine buster?

i already beat the game months ago. too late in coming

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: pontifex
those added plasmids and tonics sound pretty shitty.

vending machine tonic?
machine buster?

i already beat the game months ago. too late in coming

i agree. nothing in the patch that makes me want to fire it up again.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Other than the "fixed" field of view, everything seems pretty meh. The plasmids become pretty useless after midway through the game and you use them more for the sake of using them than them being helpful. Maybe I'll fire it back up over the holidays...

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Too much a little too late. I tried to play through the game twice [first time helping the lil sisters, 2nd time killing them all], but only made it about 2/3'rds of the way through the 2nd time [I broke down and decided to watch the end game movies instead].

Maybe if the story wasn't so linear, then it'd be worth it...

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
I already beat the game, perhaps in 2 years when I go back to it and replay it...

MP on Crysis is what I'd like corrected ;) Now thats something that I could use.

kef7

Diamond Member
May 11, 2001
I downloaded the patch and finally got around to installing Bioshock only to find out the DVD is likely a dud.

Tried to install it multiple times and no luck (getting CRC errors; tried from two different DVD drives as well as copying all files to two different hard drives) :thumbsdown:

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
Originally posted by: Daverino

Agreed, give me this or give me a PS3 version!

Same here... won't buy until there is no securRom.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Coldkilla
I already beat the game, perhaps in 2 years when I go back to it and replay it...

MP on Crysis is what I'd like corrected ;) Now thats something that I could use.

you mean completely redone so its not some horribly retarded clone of BF2?