Bioshiock 2 trailer released

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Thing is though, I keep getting flashbacks to the Simpsons ep where Homer becomes a drug mule. At the beginning Mr Burns throws a gala to soften the blow of cutting the company drug plan. He tags 'Now with Nasty Surprise!' on all the invites. I kept waiting to see 'Now with Nastier DRM!' at the end of the video.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Meh, I had zero issues with Bioshock's DRM, or any DRM on any game ever actually, so that is very far from being a concern for me.

Anyway, I'll be getting this game on release as I loved the first one.

KT

jRaskell

Feb 6, 2006
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Meh, I had zero issues with Bioshock's DRM, or any DRM on any game ever actually, so that is very far from being a concern for me.

KT

By large, DRM typically affects only a small portion of the valid Customer population, but it's one of those things where it's not a big deal if it hasn't happened to you, but it becomes a really big deal if it ever does bite you in the ass.

I got bit in the ass a couple years ago with Codemasters Toca Race Driver 3. Installed a new motherboard/cpu, and the game wouldn't play anymore, invalid license. After nearly 2 months dealing with their Customer Service (and by dealing, we're talking send them an email, wait two weeks for a reply, immediately reply to them, wait another two weeks for a reply, etc.), the solution was to clean install my OS.

The unfortunate result of that issue is that I no longer buy Codemaster games and I am very leery about purchasing any game that uses heavy handed DRM tactics.

All it takes is getting burned once.

Miklebud

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
Originally posted by: KeithTalent

KT

Ditto. Steam has yet to let me down!