Bios Update .... HELP!

Dr J

Aug 3, 2006
Hi, I'vd downloaded the new bios for my P7P55D-E motherboard, in a zip file. When I extract the file, it's saved as a rar file and so the Asus updater doesn't seem to see it. What am I doing wrong?

thanks,

John

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Jesus, 250MB BIOS download? Apparently, the BIOS fixes a bug with RAID and requires a minimum Intel driver version to work, so ASUS bundled the Intel driver with the BIOS download (along with the complete NET Framework 3.5 installer). I presume later IRST versions would work as well, which you can obtain directly from Intel's website.

The files are probably not being saved as RAR, but rather you have WinRAR installed and associated with ZIP files. The download is a zip file, which contains two zip files (one for the BIOS and another for the driver). I've uploaded just the ZIP file that contains the BIOS ROM:

http://s89934018.onlinehome.us/BIOS/P7P55D-E-ASUS-1601.zip

Dr J

Aug 3, 2006
tcsenter, thank you for this; it worked! Oh'man, I get so frustrated, I can feel my blood pressure peaking!

I have also the raid driver and am not sure how to install it. I assume it's found somewhere within windows, the old driver?

thanks,

John

Dr J

Aug 3, 2006
Thank you! This worked also, so much easier.

One more question: I'm currently running a pair of WD Raptors, in Raid. I'm thinking of upgrading to an SSD. On this board, there are two sata chipsets, I believe and have the Raptors on the Intel chipset (3gb/s), if I remember correctly. If I install a new SSD to the Sata Marvel chipset (6gb/s), is there a way I can copy the Raptor pair directly to the SSD and then make it the boot drive? I'm assuming a new Sata 3 SSD will work via the Marvel chipset, but am unsure.

thanks,

John

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Yeah I'm not sure on this, I suspect Windows-based cloning application won't care because any RAID array is just a drive through Windows API but I'm not sure. Maybe someone else can help if you post in Memory and Storage category.

Last edited:

Dr J

Aug 3, 2006
tcsenter, thanks. I purchased a new Samsung 250 gb SSD, today. I posted some general questions within the motherboard category, but not a single response (despite over a 100 views). I'll probably just slug through a fresh install, probably the better way to go. I'd like to use a second SSD for data and pictures, wonder if it's doable?

Anyway, thanks.