Solved! Bios update for american megatrends?? --urgent--

gtrxpro

Dec 21, 2021
Are there any bios update for my pc ? please help i hate my current bios
by the way i dont want to flash a new bios i just wanna update :) (is flashing and updating the same?) correct me if im wrong

Mobo: Foxconn H61MXV/H67MXV

Bios (current) : American Megatrends Inc. AC3F1020

thank you in advance!

Last edited:

gtrxpro

Dec 21, 2021
what if the update fails?? not flashing i mean updating? does resetting the CMOS work at that time? because i dont really have a ups so.. Yah.. kinda scared ;)

gtrxpro

Dec 21, 2021
yea.. my bad :neutral: anyway, you know how i should get the update? i went to the ami website and there was bios update but, i have one BIG problem...

***Why are most people requesting FOXCONN bios When their bios is American megatrends?

* That's why i didn't attempt to flash it because i have bricked more phones than you can even count, so, i don't wanna do the same mistake on a pc.

and.. in that ami website there was amibios (american megatrends inc. bios) but when i boot up my pc it shows american megatrends only **in some devices it show amibios but in mine its american megatrends** (i think they are the same but i have to be arrogant on every small thing so i wont get my pc bricked)

and the last question of the day...

1) if i do get bricked will i be able to boot from usb?
2) does the bios control the dvd \ usb?

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
yea.. my bad :neutral: anyway, you know how i should get the update? i went to the ami website and there was bios update but, i have one BIG problem...

***Why are most people requesting FOXCONN bios When their bios is American megatrends?
This is why @UsandThem is questioning your knowledge.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
u should not update your bios unless something isn't working right, or your an avid overclocker and the new bios has tweaks implimented to achieve better compatability with the processor you have paired with it.

Bios updates is not something like driver updates which is another can of worms as they will both break something (hopefully something that ur not using or wont ever be using) at the cost of fixing something or adding support for something, and its basically a game of attrition in was it worth it at the end.

gtrxpro

Dec 21, 2021
u should not update your bios unless something isn't working right, or your an avid overclocker and the new bios has tweaks implimented to achieve better compatability with the processor you have paired with it.

Bios updates is not something like driver updates which is another can of worms as they will both break something (hopefully something that ur not using or wont ever be using) at the cost of fixing something or adding support for something, and its basically a game of attrition in was it worth it at the end.

I don't really have any bugs or anything its just my bios is 2011 and in running windows 11 :( It doesn't really match

By the way my computer doesn't have secure boot, so will flashing a new bios give me a feature to enable it or does secure boot have to do something with the hardware ?

gtrxpro

Dec 21, 2021
Hi Gtrxpro,
Yes, as writen earlier in this thread, updating BIOS (it's called UEFI today) is only necessary if you 'need' to. It used to be 'cool' to do that way back in the 2000's but that's ancient history. Let me ask you a direct question here: Are you certain your current UEFI doesn't have Secure Boot? If you are sure about that, then yes you should update BIOS.

I would go to: https://www.foxconn.com/en-us/institute/downloads
Click on Contact Us (at the bottom) , next Electronic Procurement, next Institutional Procurement, then write in clear English (these guys are from Japan I think) and just write what you need. They didn't make it easy.... jeeze.

I'm going to be 100% honest with you and say, if I were in your situation, I'd buy a new motherboard. Buy a mid-grade one if you want to save on your economy, most boards today run Windows 11 stable and without issue.

--Exsos

Thank you!!! at last! you are the only one who gave me a clear answer after years of research in google

Thanks in advance

(for your support i upvoted your post!)

Reactions: Exsosus

gtrxpro

Dec 21, 2021
Yes, I'm here to help. Did you decide to spend money on a new board? What is your decision? Curious.

I really like these forums.

Well, one thing for sure im never choosing Foxconn
Ill probably go with Gigabyte or something similar

Now i know budget is not the important thing to consider when buying anything

gtrxpro

Dec 21, 2021
lol i like MSI too, but ASUS is better in my opinion (Specially asus rog)

Well it is mostly for gamers but, there are some workstation PCs too!

check them out yourself :) Even the wallpaper makes me go mad1640263863863.png1640263863863.png1640263863863.png
1640263941287.png1640263863863.png
1640263966995.png1640263863863.png

if you are looking for a budget motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming motherboard will do

@Exsosus Sorry if im tempting you ;) hehehe