UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
jokersombrerooa2.jpg

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
One part of the new ICE requirements:

"Soften the look for the facility with hanging plants, flower baskets, new paint colors, different bedding and furniture, wall graphics and framed pictures on the walls, and enhance the aesthetics of the living areas."

WTF?

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
One part of the new ICE requirements:
"Soften the look for the facility with hanging plants, flower baskets, new paint colors, different bedding and furniture, wall graphics and framed pictures on the walls, and enhance the aesthetics of the living areas."
WTF?
Proposal of the subcontractor, not ICE.
From the linked article:
"News of the proposed changes came when The Houston Chronicle published a leaked, internal email from Corrections Corporation of America or CCA, a private contractor working for ICE. Check out the email below that lists the changes proposed. ICE confirms to Fox these are the improvements proposed by CCA that it is now considering"

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
From the linked article:
"News of the proposed changes came when The Houston Chronicle published a leaked, internal email from Corrections Corporation of America or CCA, a private contractor working for ICE. Check out the email below that lists the changes proposed. ICE confirms to Fox these are the improvements proposed by CCA that it is now considering"

OK, that makes a little more sense then :)

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
it does hire illegals. Pure capitalism should see most people in the gutter regardless of age race or country of origin. I'm not worried about illegals doing my job.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
"the detainees who I have to remind everyone are not criminals"

lol wut?

well arent they innocent until proven guilty in a court of law? Good luck with that 30millions times. The neocon poster boy Reagan fucked this one up. Also trickle down economics man that was a big fuck up too.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
An interesting response in a thread about facilities for illegal immigrants detained by the federal government...

I'm guessing this detention center wasn't setup by the Obama administration. As you pointed out its a private contractor anyway, so really they are doing a job the feds are unable or unwilling to do.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I'm guessing this detention center wasn't setup by the Obama administration. As you pointed out its a private contractor anyway, so really they are doing a job the feds are unable or unwilling to do.

Say one good thing Obama has done. Just one. There has to be something.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Detention centers run by the Obama administration, and subcontractors doing a job the federal government pays them for.

Are you under the impression that the Corrections Corporation of America is doing this job Pro Bono because the federal government wouldn't hire anyone?

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
Detention centers run by the Obama administration, and subcontractors doing a job the federal government pays them for.

Are you under the impression that the Corrections Corporation of America is doing this job Pro Bono because the federal government wouldn't hire anyone?

I'm under the impression that they had to hire subcontractors because there is no federal system in place to deal with these illegals. Mostly because of piss poor planning by Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, Reagan, Carter, etc...

We shouldn't need many detention centers like these because they should be prevented from crossing the border in the first place except for a small % that get through. The ones that DO get through and get caught should not be being treated better than we treat the citizens of Arizona.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
I'm under the impression that they had to hire subcontractors because there is no federal system in place to deal with these illegals. Mostly because of piss poor planning by Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, Reagan, Carter, etc...
I thought the detention centers were part of the system; aren't you one of the ones always telling us that private industry is more efficient than government and should he hired to provide services whenever possible?
We shouldn't need many detention centers like these because they should be prevented from crossing the border in the first place except for a small % that get through. The ones that DO get through and get caught should not be being treated better than we treat the citizens of Arizona.
Does this mean you advocate ignoring the 11 million illegals already here when the Obama administration took office? I would think we would need a lot of detention facilities for that many illegals.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Putting General Patraeus in charge of Afghanistan.. although he kind of didn't have a choice there.. but it was a good decision.

So he can only make a good decision when its not even really his decision to make anyway.

Great. That makes me love the guy a whole lot.

Also, given this is Fox News I really cant find it in my heart to give a shit.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
I thought the detention centers were part of the system; aren't you one of the ones always telling us that private industry is more efficient than government and should he hired to provide services whenever possible?
Does this mean you advocate ignoring the 11 million illegals already here when the Obama administration took office? I would think we would need a lot of detention facilities for that many illegals.

Don't believe I talk much about private enterprise vs. government. I think you have me confused with one of your talking points. Of course, I do believe private enterprise could solve this problem.. but they would be sued by the Feds just like the State of AZ if they tried to do anything.

Don't need detention facilities when we just ship them back when they are captured instead of giving them bingo halls.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Don't believe I talk much about private enterprise vs. government. I think you have me confused with one of your talking points. Of course, I do believe private enterprise could solve this problem.. but they would be sued by the Feds just like the State of AZ if they tried to do anything.
My apologies if I confused you with another poster on the board. I do, however, wonder why you think the federal government would sue a contractor it hired to deal with the immgration problem.
Don't need detention facilities when we just ship them back when they are captured instead of giving them bingo halls.
Are you familiar with the concept Due Process of Law? It must first be verified that the detainees are indeed illegal immigrants, then it must be determined to which nation they should be deported. You may find gratifying your inclination to summarily dump any Hispanic who can't immediately produce citizenship papers across the Mexican border, but that's not how our legal system is supposed to work.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
From the linked article:

CallMeJoe, why do you think it is that posters like Nick1985 and Patranus keep missing key parts of the stories that they post?