Billionaire George Soros launches get-out-the-vote effort against Bush..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Dari
Originally posted by: LunarRay
is this the same george soros whe hedged against the dollar?

Is this the same george soros (jewish) who's father (also Jewish) went around central europe, during the nazi occupation, and bought jewish property at firesale prices as they were being dragged to a concentration camp or escaping from nazi terror?

Is this the same george soros who benefitted from such a heinous act?

Noooooo, it can't be.

Better late to repent by doing something really worthwhile than never repenting or never doing something worthwhile.

Maybe you can add: Is this the same George Soros who helped oust Bush in '04?

I hope so..

Strange that you think he's repenting, when the man is trying to put the bush administration out of commission. He's a greedy bastard who's own greed got the better of him. That dollar hedge cost him a lot. And the buying of jewish property is utterly disgusting and repugnant.

Maybe your right, the mention of his name (soros) in the democratic endgame will (hopefully) lead to massive losses at the poll.

Why are you blaming George Soros for actions his father took 60 years ago? There are fortunate rich sons all over the place, whose families accumalated wealth on very immoral grounds. How can you blame someone for being born into a certain family?

And do you seriously think the fact that George Soros funding an anti-Bush PAC/thinktank which has nothing to do with the current candidates will cost the Democrats even one vote in 2004?

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla

Is this the same george soros (jewish) who's father (also Jewish) went around central europe, during the nazi occupation, and bought jewish property at firesale prices as they were being dragged to a concentration camp or escaping from nazi terror?

Noooooo, it can't be.

Better late to repent by doing something really worthwhile than never repenting or never doing something worthwhile.

I hope so..

Strange that you think he's repenting, when the man is trying to put the bush administration out of commission. He's a greedy bastard who's own greed got the better of him. That dollar hedge cost him a lot. And the buying of jewish property is utterly disgusting and repugnant.

Maybe your right, the mention of his name (soros) in the democratic endgame will (hopefully) lead to massive losses at the poll.

Why are you blaming George Soros for actions his father took 60 years ago? There are fortunate rich sons all over the place, whose families accumalated wealth on very immoral grounds. How can you blame someone for being born into a certain family?

And do you seriously think the fact that George Soros funding an anti-Bush PAC/thinktank which has nothing to do with the current candidates will cost the Democrats even one vote in 2004?

it was george soros AND his dad going about town and buying jewish property. The bastard tagged along and learned the fine art of being a lugubrious and greedy dick.

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
it was george soros AND his dad going about town and buying jewish property. The bastard tagged along and learned the fine art of being a lugubrious and greedy dick.

I don't like to defend rich bastards, but to his credit Soros was 14 at the time and his Jewish family posed as Christians in Hungary to avoid being killed by the soon to be defeated Nazis.

I know alot of Jews hate the Soros for what he did at the time, but personally I'm not gonna judge the man's family for what they did to survive during the Holocaust.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

I don't like to defend rich bastards, but to his credit Soros was 14 at the time and his Jewish family posed as Christians in Hungary to avoid being killed by the soon to be defeated Nazis.

I know alot of Jews hate the Soros for what he did at the time, but personally I'm not gonna judge the man's family for what they did to survive during the Holocaust.

Then, as Loonieray said earlier, he should "repent" by giving back the proceeds to the jews he and his father literally stole from.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003

Then, as Loonieray said earlier, he should "repent" by giving back the proceeds to the jews he and his father literally stole from.

Yo Duh... I prefer he "repent" by helping oust G. Bush in '04. Of course you might not see it the same but... you ain't Loonieray either..:D

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001

Noooooo, it can't be.

I hope so..

strange that you dislike Soros. Normally you admire capitalistic a**holes.

zantac

Jun 15, 2003
Originally posted by: charrison
Originally posted by: zantac
Originally posted by: outriding
Hey I thought the democrats were against large cash donors?

That was one of bush's promises also but he has yet to act upon it.

Any official running for any office cannot collect more than $2000 from any individual. This includes Bush.

25k a year from individuals or a PAC

2k a year a year per person. I dont know the limits on a pac.

2k from an individual straight to the candidate yes, and the aggregate limit is variable for "lower tier" candidates that are facing a big money candidate ie: it wouldnt be $2000 for a person (say Nader) facing a money maker like bush (the old limit was $1000 at 2000 pres election and they still got a lot of $ from hard money donors)
If you have a lot of money and you are gonna donate, you arent going to do the 2k individual limit, you would either donate to a PAC (37k limit per cycle) or individual to party donation (25k/57k per year depending) or whatever else committee etc.
Bush will still get big $$$ donors. And so will the lucky Dem

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
strange that you dislike Soros. Normally you admire capitalistic a**holes.

as with everything else in life, there are limits.

for once I like a capitalistic pig.
I hope he uses a ton of money to campaign against the lying chimp in the White House