Billionaire comes to aid of woman begging for her life on corner

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
8-25-2012

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/billionaire-ty-warner-gives-woman-20-000-her-165731962.html

Billionaire Ty Warner gives woman $20,000 for her cause after asking her for directions

A woman who helped a lost man ended up with a surprise $20,000 gift.
That's what happened last month when Jennifer Vasilakos guided Ty Warner when he stopped and asked for driving directions in Santa Barbara, Calif.

While Warner didn't know exactly how to get to where he was going, Vasilakos didn't realize who she was helping.

Warner is the billionaire founder of Ty Inc., the Beanie Baby company.
Vasilakos was at the intersection trying to raise $20,000 for a stem cell procedure she needs to help save her life because she suffers from kidney failure and does not qualify for a transplant.

She describes their encounter in her blog:
I often get asked by random strangers for directions. Not one to miss an opportunity, I handed him my flyer and he made a fifty dollar donation. As he drove off, I thought that was the end of our encounter... He'd returned after an hour or so. Rolling down his window, he reached out his hand and introduced himself. I immediately recognized his name. He was kind and sincere as he looked directly into my eyes... I listened as he repeated over and over that he was going to help me. That my fundraising was done. That I didn't need to worry any longer. He said he would send a check after he returned to his offices during the week.
He was true to his word. Vasilakos, an herbalist and Reiki teacher, received a package on July 16 with a $20,000 check and with a handwritten note from Warner. The note read in part, "Someone up there loves you because I was guided to meet you Saturday. I never lose my way, but fate had me lost and ask you for directions. The rest of the story I hope will be a wonderful new life for you."

The check cleared a few weeks later and she booked a surgical procedure at an undisclosed foreign hospital to begin hematopoietic stem celltreatment. Hematopietic treatment takes a cell from the blood or bone marrow that can renew itself and develop into a variety of specialized cells.

"After I serendipitously met Jennifer, I further educated myself on her stem cell needs. I was shocked that this particular type of treatment wasn't available to her in the U.S.,"

Warner said in a media release. "My hope is that we can bring this lifesaving treatment to the forefront so that it can become more readily available and provide alternatives for people like Jennifer."

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
Look at what kind of circumstance it took to shake that money out of his wallet. Some rich people only give when they feel sorry for you and never for any other reason...like just to be nice and share your good fortunes.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Look at what kind of circumstance it took to shake that money out of his wallet. Some rich people only give when they feel sorry for you and never for any other reason...like just to be nice and share your good fortunes.

Its because people don't care about strangers.

Why do you think those African charity groups give you a picture of the child you are saving?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
This Billionaire is the exception rather than the rule unfortunately
There are many such exceptions from those whom you despise as a category. You are just so blinded by your hatred of anyone who tries to make a success of themselves.

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
Good for her, he probably contributed $20,000 worth of this inside the package. :awe: j/k.

beanie-babies.jpg

oh, picture of lucky woman Jennifer Vasilakos.

30b48677b2c2808d4ca7f79aef8a2b9e.jpeg

Trickle down at it's finest eh

Still don't know the difference between it's and its? Weren't you calling somebody out on their middle school education yesterday?

OP fail, what a big surprise. :rolleyes:

tumblr_l84mxeYkcC1qbolbn.jpg

Last edited:

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

You can't even give a little credit can you? You are worse than the OP.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Maybe if these companies still paid a decent wage and offered health insurance she wouldn't need to be on the corner begging for money for a procedure.

Just sayin...

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
You can't even give a little credit can you? You are worse than the OP.

cause he felt sorry for her first then decided to donate? sure whatever.:rolleyes:
You should donate because you understand any particular less fortunate groups circumstances, not because you felt sorry for them.
Has nothing to do with whether they are rich or not. I donate to Rileys hospital for childeren because i can understand what these kids must go through...not because i feel sorry for one of them

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
cause he felt sorry for her first then decided to donate? sure whatever.:rolleyes:
You should donate because you understand any particular less fortunate groups circumstances, not because you felt sorry for them.
Has nothing to do with whether they are rich or not. I donate to Rileys hospital for childeren because i can understand what these kids must go through...not because i feel sorry for one of them
regardless, i fucking hate people who donate. pieces of shit.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Maybe if these companies still paid a decent wage and offered health insurance she wouldn't need to be on the corner begging for money for a procedure.

Just sayin...

Vasilakos, an herbalist and Reiki teacher

I am going to go out on a limb and say she probably does not work for some evil capitalist corporation.

Maybe if she did she would have health insurance :sneaky:

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
This man should have probably just donated 500 million of his money to kidney research and given her at least 250,000. I mean what the fuck he has BILLIONS. He sure as hell better invest the rest in TomTom or Nuvi. I'd never stop to ask some welfare queen for directions, imagine if she sneezed on me.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

No, you don't feel sorry for one of them, you feel sorry for all of them. That's what charities are hoping for and why they run commercials in the hopes people will feel sorry for them and give them a little help.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
You can`t possibly be for real....give a little credit where it is due.....

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally Posted by DarkVision

You can`t possibly be for real....give a little credit where it is due.....

Credit just because he came across her on a street corner?

Come on :rolleyes:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
This man should have probably just donated 500 million of his money to kidney research and given her at least 250,000.

I mean what the fuck he has BILLIONS.

Exactly

If she survives long after the procedure she will still have to worry about money.

If anything he has made her life a living hell.

He could have made sure she never has to worry about money again just like himself.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Exactly

If she survives long after the procedure she will still have to worry about money.

If anything he has made her life a living hell.

He could have made sure she never has to worry about money again just like himself.

So by your rationale, if you ever do anything nice for anyone, you're still an arsehole because you could have done so much more?