Bill Shine - Fox News Co-President resigns amid harassment scandal

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
This is unfurling faster than I thought. Not that this will necessarily collapse Fox News as we know it, but I think many assumed O'Reilly was being thrown under the bus (albeit with a fat severance check) precisely to protect management and the overall status quo. Guess they're not completely immune.

Last edited:

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Sean Hannity, come on down! You're the next contestant on "Harass 'til you get fired"!

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
Is Hannity still there? When he goes, the cards will fall. I predict a collapse of this company and a buyout if Hannity is pushed out.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Sean Hannity, come on down! You're the next contestant on "Harass 'til you get fired"!
Supposedly, he and this guy are the last of the what makes Fox, Fox. It will be interesting to see what the Murdoc kids do further on down the road. What will old white people watch for news now (on cable).

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
They'll watch CNN or something. CNN is basically the dumbest news source there is when it comes to coverage of anything other than natural disasters and riots. They won't even know what they're missing if CNN forces their female reporters to dress more skimpily and hires some 20yo hotties as commentators.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Supposedly, he and this guy are the last of the what makes Fox, Fox. It will be interesting to see what the Murdoc kids do further on down the road. What will old white people watch for news now (on cable).

On that note: I can't help but wonder what would happen with Trump if Fox News went off the air. After he's done railing against the evil media... well, where does he go when his main source of "news" no longer exists? He can't tune into a Breitbart or InfoWars TV channel, thank goodness, but nor do I expect him to do the right thing and watch a range of news channels that are vaguely interested in accuracy (oh, and it'd be great if he relied on actual government data instead of TV alone). I imagine him either watching pure entertainment or just becoming a hermit who relies even more on his cronies.

Jan 25, 2011
On that note: I can't help but wonder what would happen with Trump if Fox News went off the air. After he's done railing against the evil media... well, where does he go when his main source of "news" no longer exists? He can't tune into a Breitbart or InfoWars TV channel, thank goodness, but nor do I expect him to do the right thing and watch a range of news channels that are vaguely interested in accuracy (oh, and it'd be great if he relied on actual government data instead of TV alone). I imagine him either watching pure entertainment or just becoming a hermit who relies even more on his cronies.
Don't worry. The new Fox analogue is already in the works. And trying to lure the "talent" away from Fox.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/exclusiv...ork-now-actively-trying-to-lure-sean-hannity/

Nov 29, 2006

They are in the works creating WET "White Entertainment Television"

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Trump voters still have Breitbart and Alex Jones. The torch of truth shall be carried on... o_O

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I'd have a hard time believing that Hannity possess the requisite intelligence to successfully sexually harass anybody.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I'd have a hard time believing that Hannity possess the requisite intelligence to successfully sexually harass anybody.

Whoever said you had to be successful? How many construction workers ever scored on a cat call?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Whoever said you had to be successful? How many construction workers ever scored on a cat call?

I think it would come out so weird that the intended target would simply be confused or wonder if he has some disability.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Just as there are loyal Trump supporters who have no other viable alternatives to choose from, the FOX fans will stick with FOX because they too have no other viable alternative to turn to. It doesn't matter to them how FOX executives and Billo behaved themselves and got punished for it, just as it doesn't matter that FOX sells rumor, innuendo, half truths and baseless accusations like drug dealers selling uncut coke at giveaway prices.

All the FOX viewers want are the talking points and marching orders for the day and they're good to go.