Bill O'Reilly Has His Own Brian Williams Problem

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Yeah, my love for the TRUTH! And not far-left liberal bias. That's why Fox beats the hell out of the competition. You call me a moron and you just called millions of other people morons.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
I see everyone call O'reilly a liar. Does that mean he lied in all his books too? He has always been a best seller. Number one in the NY Times.

And Vladimir Putin is #1 among Russians. So I suppose by your logic that means Putin is an honest human being.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Yeah, my love for the TRUTH! And not far-left liberal bias. That's why Fox beats the hell out of the competition. You call me a moron and you just called millions of other people morons.

Yes, you and millions of other Fox News watchers are indeed morons and I have the data to back it up;)

http://www.alternet.org/media/science-fox-news-why-its-viewers-are-most-misinformed

So congrats on your favorite networks killer ratings! Fox depends on idiots like you who watch faithfully and who question nothing they spew, your world must be one hell of a scary place!

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014

A moron is someone who thinks that being associated with a bunch of other morons proves that they aren't morons. Faux beats out the competition for only one reason: stupid people like stupid shit. This country is chock full of stupid people and Faux feeds them an endless stream of stupid shit.

You're just another mindless cow feeding at the Faux trough.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Even as a moderate conservative I've found that most in not all of what O"Reilly and Hannity puts forth is useless drivel. I haven't watched either of their shows since the 2000/2001 time frame due to their inability to produce anything other than drivel.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Fox leads the ratings for the same reason McDonalds is the #1 restaurant in the U.S.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
You're a moron so are your Fox buddies. :colbert:

Listen grabasstic idiot. I don't watch 'thrill up his leg' Chris Matthews or 'race hustler' Al Sharpton on MSNBC.

Sorry, but the MSM; NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN and PBS are full of shit and in bed with Obozo.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
You guys ever try to stuff a falafel up a girl's cooch? The result is kind of like being in a war zone.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Listen grabasstic idiot. I don't watch 'thrill up his leg' Chris Matthews or 'race hustler' Al Sharpton on MSNBC.

Sorry, but the MSM; NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN and PBS are full of shit and in bed with Obozo.

Neither do I but that doesn't change the fact that you and millions of Faux viewers like you are still spoon fed drooling morons. Fifteen hours of faux Nooz a day for you?

You should consider being called a moron a compliment.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Even as a moderate conservative I've found that most in not all of what O"Reilly and Hannity puts forth is useless drivel. I haven't watched either of their shows since the 2000/2001 time frame due to their inability to produce anything other than drivel.

I actually enjoy TYT, The Young Turks very very very much. You should give it a whirl.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
I see everyone call O'reilly a liar. Does that mean he lied in all his books too? He has always been a best seller. Number one in the NY Times.

Personally for me I have read three of his books, Killing Jesus, Kennedy's last days, Killing Patton. I found all three books enjoyable to read.

Personally for me with all of this talk about some event that happened 3+ decades ago I wish people would stop playing the gotcha game. There is much more important things going on than this.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Personally for me I have read three of his books, Killing Jesus, Kennedy's last days, Killing Patton. I found all three books enjoyable to read.

Personally for me with all of this talk about some event that happened 3+ decades ago I wish people would stop playing the gotcha game. There is much more important things going on than this.

You mean playing the exact same game he is playing? Your faux butthurt isn't fooling anyone. Bill appreciates your business though!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

If politicians just honestly answer the easy questions there wouldn't be an issue.

Do you believe Obama is a Christian?
"I believe he is"

Its over. "When did you stop beating your wife?" is a "gotcha question"

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
"Papa bear" Oreilly is funny and good, like Steven Colbert. He gets 2 upward pointing thumbs for false outrage and his charismatic acting.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007

Classic fox news viewer. Just named every major news network not named fox as full of shit. Like many of fox's loyal drone viewers, they have him right where they want him, safely tucked away in the fox reality bubble slurping up every bit they feed him.

Zstream

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2005
Classic fox news viewer. Just named every major news network not named fox as full of shit. Like many of fox's loyal drone viewers, they have him right where they want him, safely tucked away in the fox reality bubble slurping up every bit they feed him.

My three: CNN, Fox News, PBS

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
My three: CNN, Fox News, PBS

I ditched cable news long ago after being a loyal fox news viewer for years, so I know what the reality bubble is like. Their constant on-air reinforcement that they are an island of truth in a sea of liberal mainstream media gives their viewers a sort of bunker mentality. They truly believe that Fox is the only network they can trust, even when their reality bubble crashes into hard reality such as in the 2012 election when Romney was thumped. The bewilderment of their viewers after being so sure of victory was rather amusing, but it didn't take long for them to fall right back into their old habits.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I ditched cable news long ago after being a loyal fox news viewer for years, so I know what the reality bubble is like. Their constant on-air reinforcement that they are an island of truth in a sea of liberal mainstream media gives their viewers a sort of bunker mentality. They truly believe that Fox is the only network they can trust, even when their reality bubble crashes into hard reality such as in the 2012 election when Romney was thumped. The bewilderment of their viewers after being so sure of victory was rather amusing, but it didn't take long for them to fall right back into their old habits.

I used to watch Fox quite a bit but they haven't had a balanced show in a long time.

"45 percent of the claims we’ve checked from NBC and MSNBC pundits and on-air personalities have been rated Mostly False, False or Pants on Fire. At Fox and Fox News Channel, that same number is now 58 percent. At CNN, it’s 22 percent"
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...tfacts-networ/

Even 22% is reprehensible.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I used to watch Fox quite a bit but they haven't had a balanced show in a long time.

"45 percent of the claims we’ve checked from NBC and MSNBC pundits and on-air personalities have been rated Mostly False, False or Pants on Fire. At Fox and Fox News Channel, that same number is now 58 percent. At CNN, it’s 22 percent"
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...tfacts-networ/

Even 22% is reprehensible.

I agree. To think that the best performing and most respected cable news channel still has 1 out of 5 things that were rated turning out to be lies is pretty horrible.

Still though, for Fox News ~60%? That's absolutely insane. True the sites only rate statements that are controversial or noteworthy in some way, but still that means you are more likely to get things right by believing the opposite of what Fox News tells you about any controversial issue.

Although honestly I don't know why anyone watches cable news. It's just drama programming. My guess is that as the population ages those channels will go away.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I agree. To think that the best performing and most respected cable news channel still has 1 out of 5 things that were rated turning out to be lies is pretty horrible.

Still though, for Fox News ~60%? That's absolutely insane. True the sites only rate statements that are controversial or noteworthy in some way, but still that means you are more likely to get things right by believing the opposite of what Fox News tells you about any controversial issue.

Although honestly I don't know why anyone watches cable news. It's just drama programming. My guess is that as the population ages those channels will go away.

Yep, MSNBC isn't far behind with 45. That's basically a coin flip. I don't miss cable news one bit after dropping back to basic cable.