Bill O?Reilly endorses Kerry in 08?

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
link

I don't usually post about luffa-boi, but I just felt a little dirtier for voting for JFK in 04.

John Kerry received a thumbs up for a second presidential run in ?08 from a very unlikely pundit today - Fox News? own Bill O?Reilly. O?Reilly for Kerry ?08? Will wonders never cease? well, let?s put aside the partisan snark for a moment, I doubt we?ll catch Bill O?Reilly on the campaign trail, if Kerry does decide to run, but in the meantime, O?Reilly does see Kerry as a viable candidate in ?o8.

?If I were him, I?d do it. What?s he got to lose? He?s got huge name recognition. He almost won last time,? said the ex-Boston newsguy turned cable news heavyweight.

?I think he?s got to come out a little bit more specific,? said O?Reilly, who plans to have Kerry as a guest on an upcoming segment of ?The O?Reilly Factor.?

?If he is more specific and does engage the folks, he?s got a good shot. He?s got a lot of experience. He?s got respect abroad. I think he?s a smart guy. We need some strong leadership in this country.?

I should note that O?Reilly also sees Mitt Romney as a viable candidate in ?08, ?He has a chance,? says O?Reilly, ?but he?s an outside shot.?

My sources tell me that Kerry has been an guest on the Bill O?Reilly show in the past and yes, he will be on again in the future. With O?Reilly?s golden boy Bush and the GOP being so low in the polls lately, it?s no small wonder he?s looking elsewhere for some real leadership.

Someone get the WD-40, o'lielly has lost it again.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Hillary scares him even more than she does the rest of us ;)

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Originally posted by: DAPUNISHER
Hillary scares him even more than she does the rest of us ;)

I hear you.

Either I vote for soon to be Speaker of the House of Reps Nancy Pelosi from my home of SF (new england dems=lame ducks, we have had too many southeners) or I can't think of a dem I am for nowdays to be prez.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Steeplerot

Either I vote for Pelosi or I can't think of a dem I am for nowdays to be prez.
Which repubs look good to you? Voting any other way then the 2 is always a wasted vote or worse.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Eh, I am still a CA resident so it would not matter, (my house should be repaired by then also and I will be back home) I voted for kerry and he won by 83% in san francsico county anyhow, I still feel I should have voted green which I have since I was 18 but I am fed up with nader and bush is downright wrong so...

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Eh, I am still a CA resident so it would not matter, (my house should be repaired by then also and I will be back home) I voted for kerry and he won by 89% in my district anyhow, I still feel I should have voted for a real third party.
I see. I'm in Florida, so I vote for whomever Diebold says I did :p

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
I'm in Florida, so I vote for whomever Diebold says I did :p

QFT

I would vote for the gov here Corzine, he is actually pretty damn cool it seems. I guess nu juwsei isn't so bad. He is far better then the pathetic washed up fool we call our gov in CA,

(Not Safe For Your Dinner To Stay Down) THE FLABBINATOR That man is a disgrace.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Eh, I am still a CA resident so it would not matter, (my house should be repaired by then also and I will be back home) I voted for kerry and he won by 89% in my district anyhow, I still feel I should have voted for a real third party.
I see. I'm in Florida, so I vote for whomever Diebold says I did :p

:D

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
THE FLABBINATOR Yes, that is what ahnold looks like now.
That's not nice. Ahnold doesn't seem to be a very good gov. from what little I know of his record so far. But the guy looked like a greek god for his entire life, doesn't seem fair to rip him for the way he looks at his present age. He has had open heart surgery, and we should hope to look that good@60. Plenty good stuff to rip him for anyhow, hell, who'd of thought a Nazi stormtrooper's kid would end up governing a U.S. state by winning a democratic election?!? :shocked:

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
No pity, I worked for the sleazeball for a few years doing petitions and he literally stole the gov seat from our real elected official thanks to diebold and enron. f'em hes a slimebag and he STILL owes me 2k, the fvcker.

And he wasent even a good little nazi like his pappa, he is just another chickenhawk who came here to america to avoid serving.

I hope to go home again soon and help put more 40oz bottles through his windshield next time he tries to show his face in SF again, I am missing out on all the fun with the angry mobs :(

"We have the street" -- "We have taken the street." "The cops have no interest in restoring control. The police are laughing." Bob has no idea how Arnold will even get inside his fundraiser.

"Arnold's San Francisco priveleges have been revoked; he can never come back again." ;)

Neocons- stupidest MFers on the planet. :laugh:

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
And he wasent even a good little nazi like his pappa, he is just another chickenhawk who came here to america to avoid serving.
What you talkin' 'bout willis? He wasn't born till 1947&did his mandatory year in the Austrian army@18 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Schwarzenegger#Personal_background

link
When Schwarzenegger was 18, he joined the army in his native Austria; one-year service was mandatory, and the army diet included a lot more meat than he was getting at home, and as a bodybuilder, he needed the protein. And, when the Mr. Junior Europe contest came up in Stuttgart, Germany, Schwarzenegger went AWOL for a weekend so he could compete. He won, and eventually the Austrian army brass saw the promotional value in having a weightlifting champion in the ranks. His being AWOL is a matter of public record.

Looks like you got me on a few details there, funny how the old cnn story of his awol is scrubbed. -Damn liberal media

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001

link
When Schwarzenegger was 18, he joined the army in his native Austria; one-year service was mandatory, and the army diet included a lot more meat than he was getting at home, and as a bodybuilder, he needed the protein. And, when the Mr. Junior Europe contest came up in Stuttgart, Germany, Schwarzenegger went AWOL for a weekend so he could compete. He won, and eventually the Austrian army brass saw the promotional value in having a weightlifting champion in the ranks. His being AWOL is a matter of public record.
That is all in the link I provided, but what does it have to do with the comment about coming here to avoid serving? He did serve, he just ducked out for the comp. There was no war to duck, so I thought you had your timeline messed up. Hopefully you see how I would think that based on the the quote from you I responded to.

BTW, that site you just linked has me rolling. good stuff!

Mail5398

Jul 9, 2001
McCain might still pull it out. He seems to have a lot of moderate support. Gulliani to me may be the frontrunner for 08 if he can get enough Repub delegates. If he can get past them, then he will win.

Here's a quote from the New York Metro

"Giuliani fails key Republican litmus tests spectacularly: He?s pro?gay rights, pro?gun control, and pro-choice (even opposing a partial-birth abortion ban)"

For those reasons, I will be shocked if he makes it as the Repub nominee.