Bill Maher: New Rules 2/13/15

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 10, 2005
....and then look on his retarded views on science--some of it is "good" and I'm an expert! (because i'm bill maherer: climate change!), and the rest is dumb and evil (because i'm bill mahaerer: vaccines!!). "the earth is pretty settled, right? I mean it's a rock, we know what that is, right? har har har...but HUmans! animals...I mean? who the fuck knows, right? trust no one?!!!"

seriously. I pretty much hate this guy's smug bullshit most of the time. Fucker has the temerity to claim that his skepticism is valid because "There have been no long term studies investigating vaccinated and non-vaccinated populations..."

what a fucking gad damn idiot: How about the first 1-2k years of humanity, Bill goddamn fucking Maher? how about 2k years of people dying, without dispute, from evil fucking viruses? And then, suddenly, the abject eradication of many of these, within mere decades...because of vaccines?

This guy is Texashiker in public, only draws 100kx, the salary, and thinks he has the same sway as someone like Neil Degrasse Tyson.

fucking idiot. without question. seriously: fuck this guy.
I agree. Bill Maher is simply a loud mouth schnook.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
I love Bill Maher's sharp humor. I often don't agree with him but I do laugh.

It's OK to watch people you don't agree with 100% of the time.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
lol.

I was so pissed last night listening to that asshat, and a bit too drunk today trying to type this.

...whatever. I think most of it is there, in some cogent fashion. Don't get me started on his bullshit about animals having better souls than humans, or whatthefuckever. Think about it: He gets Duchovny on his show (legendary for having the greatest cock in in their crowd; and a comfortable living through syndication), to validate how no humans should eat meat, ever...

Well, great, asshats--so you pull in roughly $2-9 million per year, just shuffling around and sucking dry old titties in the Hollywood hills, and now that you can suddenly afford $25/lb grass-fed beef one time/month, and rainbow chard from a Unicorn's ass, cooked in a 70 year-old balsamic and sumac reduction--suddenly the rest of humanity is evil incarnate for not adhering to your diet.

Sorry, fucksticks--the decades you spent living on 10 cent ramen before you sucked a Producer's dick to get where you are, now, is not forgotten.

:hmm:
Yes! Your hate has made you powerful! or something...

I laughed at your rants in this thread. They have a Sam Kinison feel.

Mar 11, 2004
You know what, I have to give Maher some props. I've noticed he's a producer on VICE News Season 3, so he is actually doing something about trying to offer some news that isn't just analyzing the hell out of the dumbest political bullshit.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
You know what, I have to give Maher some props. I've noticed he's a producer on VICE News Season 3, so he is actually doing something about trying to offer some news that isn't just analyzing the hell out of the dumbest political bullshit.

This.

I think he was a producer on VICE before that, I could be wrong.

And many things on HBO one of the few things I feel worth paying for I guess.

Mar 11, 2004
This.

I think he was a producer on VICE before that, I could be wrong.

And many things on HBO one of the few things I feel worth paying for I guess.

Yeah he might have been, I just noticed it this season. But I levied a specific criticism toward him earlier in this thread and after noticing that felt I owed offering credit where it's due.

Oh, VICE News episodes are free on Youtube (at least that's where I watch them on VICE's channel) so you don't even need HBO to watch them (although I'm sure they probably air first on HBO).

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yeah he might have been, I just noticed it this season. But I levied a specific criticism toward him earlier in this thread and after noticing that felt I owed offering credit where it's due.

Oh, VICE News episodes are free on Youtube (at least that's where I watch them on VICE's channel) so you don't even need HBO to watch them (although I'm sure they probably air first on HBO).

yeah, for sure. Despite my ranting, I do agree with him much of the time, but when I disagree with him, it's midievil.

Like you said earlier--if he didn't come off as such a smug douchenozzle he'd be easier to stomach. Even when I'm on his side on certain issues, he sometimes makes stupid arguments for his position.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I agree with some of his things, but be warned, a lot of his material isn't fact based. He is after all a comic. Most TV personalities are sensationalist, and say things that harp on peoples hysteria's or piss on the opposing views for ratings.