Bill Maher is an idiot.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: BlancoNino
Originally posted by: JackBurton
Originally posted by: BlancoNino
He claims to be a libertarian. He's not.

Also, some guy owned him on his show by saying anybody who thinks that saying "Bush is an idiot" is funny, is a complete moron and is laughing at the lowest common form of humor.

Yeah, I saw that show. Bill didn't get owned, the guy making the comment was a moron.

As big of a critic of Bush that I am, I had to agree with the guest. What's so funny about calling somebody stupid? It's not funny, and in my experience, only stupid people laugh at it.
In that case you must have been gufawing up a storm.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Willoughbyva
I haven't seen his show in about 5 years, but he (Maher) was great.
It's very entertaining unless you are a die hard Bush supporter as some of the Right Wing politicians who are guests on the show have a tendency to question the Dub's competence as President

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: sandorski
Originally posted by: mugs
Originally posted by: rnp614
Originally posted by: vi_edit
Tries too hard to be a Dennis Miller wannabe.

But not funny and also a complete idiot when it comes to policy.

Who thinks Dennis Miller is funny?

I think DM is funny. I always have liked his verbose rants overflowing with big uncommon words. They are like awkward poetry, but still manage to get across a message with strong emotion. I have always found it to be brilliant and unique.

Dennis Miller deals in obscurity. He's a lot like Family Guy humor- if you're not hip on pop culture and history, you're not going to have any idea what's going on.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: hungfarover
Originally posted by: vi_edit
Tries too hard to be a Dennis Miller wannabe.

He's exactly like Dennis Miller if you leave out intellect and humor.
Even if you add intellect and humor Dennis Miller still doesn't match up well the Maher. Maybe that's why Maher has a successful show on HBO and Miller is left hawking NetZero.

Dennis had his own talk show and a regular series on HBO in the 90's. His star just faded.