Bill Koch accused of imprisoning employee.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two more words. Not comparable.

As Hayabusa is resurrecting a baseless and long dead conspiracy theory and nothing more.

As for the possible sins of Bill Koch, we are talking about hard facts that are very likely to come out in a soon upcoming trial in a court of US law. With very possible real and provable evidence that could end up with additional US criminal prosecution of Bill Koch for criminal tax evasion. ASfter that, in raising that possibility, of criminal and civil charges against Bill Koch, I will reserve judgment until I see the evidence that comes out a trial.

LOL......I remember you saying the exact same thing about Bush after Obama was elected. It is very likely monkies will fly out of your butt if your past prediction performance is any indicator.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
It's pretty surprising that everyone missed the reason that he is saying that he was kidnapped.

artensen alleges that the multiple-day-long incident was set off by an anonymous letter accusing Martensen of mismanaging and stealing from Oxbow Carbon & Minerals International while serving as the company's vice president. That accusation prompted the company's leadership to read Martensen's letters and emails without his knowledge, the suit charges, which led the company to discover that Martensen had deep reservations about the legality of the company's tax avoidance strategies.

Martensen alleges he was told by his superiors that he was transferred overseas to Asia so that the Koch company could avoid paying U.S. taxes on some $200,000,000 in profits.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
My only comment is how rapidly the people of Adand tech demand instant gratification when it comes the rich and the powerful. And the decide, if the charged miscreat does not end up in jail by the next day, they must therefore be innocent.

Look at the average war criminal sent to the Hage, as it takes an average of 15 to 20 years after their crimes, to send them to the Hage. As lucky Pinchet and Pol POT, ran out the clock, and were too senile to prosecute when justice finally caught up with them. Or can we ignore Richard Nixon and the lessons of watergate. As the most powerful man in the entire world in Richard Nixon finally was forced to resign the US Presidency in a world record only two year time frame.

And while my semi rant may or may not apply to Bill Koch, evading being jailed for a whole two days says nothing one way or the other yet.

the DRIZZLE

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2007
I have no idea if there is any truth to these accusations, but the OP's link reads like bullshit. There is no corroborating evidence at all, yet every phrase is worded in way that presumes the accuser is telling the truth.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I have no idea if there is any truth to these accusations, but the OP's link reads like bullshit. There is no corroborating evidence at all, yet every phrase is worded in way that presumes the accuser is telling the truth.

It's HuffPo. What did you expect?