Bill Guthridge is retiring from UNC B-Ball--Matt Doherty is the new coach

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dig

Oct 14, 1999
Geez...

I absolutely LOVE college basketball(watched EVERY NCAA game this past year), and I'm a huge Carolina fan. Yes, I was really disappointed that Coach Williams didn't choose to come back home, but that's his decision, not the fans', or the UNC family's, and I respect that. There's no need to talk $hit about this...Kansas has a great coach, and I personally look forward to one of the more eventful summers of recent years as a Carolina fan in terms of the coaching search, and the potential recruiting class we could have.

Get over it already.

Snakeus

Banned
Apr 3, 2000
Dig it's really no big deal.
Luv right off the bat gave us his Dr. Laura on Roy Williams and it was more than I could take! Made me wanna puke so I gave him some hell:p and he bit like a tick on a Kansas my excellent compatriot Hound!:p

oldandquitemad decides to call me an inbred(the intelligent cuss that he is) and then talk sh!t about the Heels! Ye of duke(the ACC team thats only had a team about 20 years or if they had one before that who knew?).:(

Luv fought the battle for Kansas the whole way through and I must say I thought he did a great job!:)

Hey lets all give the luvman a hand for hangin in there for his team when all was against him!(Even if it was just me);)

I made this my sig after the oldmad posted it in another thread I was posting in- All I did was make fun of carolina basketball and I was labeled a "yankee i love you"! oldandquitemad- I couldn't help but find it totally hilarious and was ROTFLMFAO.
Oh and then here heposts this- I find you and your behavior laughable. You are worthy of only pity.
Add those lines to your signature.
I thought this forum was a bit better moderated than this.

Now how the hell can you make a hilarious statement like that and when someone puts it to good use want it moderated. Again I say, must be a dukie.

Now my real take on the whole situation is this:

Anyone in their right mind be it Carolina fan, Kansas fan, or just a simple college basketball watcher who thought Roy Williams would have left Kansas to come to Carolina could not have been thinking very clearly!
It really had nothing to do with Carolina but everything to do with what he has done at Kansas. Hell he's looking to build a dynasty at Kansas not waiting to go to a school to start one.
Hell he was taught(so far) by the greatest and winningest coach in college basketball history and so far he's putting it to great use.
Hell in less than 20 years he could easily be the winningest coach in Kansas history and well on his way to taking Deans title if Knight don't do it first!
I knew Roy would never leave the Dynasty he's building at Kansas to continue the Dynasty at Carolina, which will continue as it has for 100 years.
I really like Roy and think he's an awesome coach, as I said how could he not be, and hope he wins every time Carolina does!:) (Hey I can't give em everything):p

Snakeus
All I did was make fun of carolina basketball and I was labeled a "yankee i love you"! oldandquitemad

EDIT:I meant no disrespect to Duke or any legit Dukies but being from Durham oldmad fit the bill. Oh and I apologize to all f**s too.

Mike Andrawes

Oct 9, 1999
NFS4 gets the scoop (about Doherty) in the forums again, even if it's not about computers this time ;)

So what do you all think of this choice? I can't believe everyone else (Fogler, Brown, Karl, etc.) withdrew their names from consideration.

Doherty certainly will be more dynamic and active on the sidelines than Dean or Gut, but the question now is experience and how quickly he can gain it. Should be fun to watch over the next few years.

Dig

Oct 14, 1999
it's probably the ONLY choice they could have made...the next two choices were Randy Weil and Jeff Lebo

blade

1957 - 2008<br>Elite Moderator Emeritus<br>Troll H
Oct 9, 1999
Karl had to withdraw. He wasn't allowed to talk to NC by the Bucks owner and since he had no buy-out clause there wasn't anything he could do but oblige. he said many times(recently too) that NC was his dream job.

Doherty was about the best left. I just wish they would have gone outside the NC fraternity.