Bill Gates is Now a Bacheloer.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Bill and Melinda are now divorced. Will we see Gates with a a younger woman?

No they are not yet divorced.

They simply announced that they will divorce.

Thread title is incorrect as well as your comments, OP.

Nov 8, 2012
I'm honestly curious where the disagreement came in heh. What will they do with their foundation name now?!

I have to say there has been quite a bit of scrutiny of them as of late in terms of the Astrazenica vaccine that was developed by Oxford University.

Originally they planned to open source it for it to be made anywhere. Instead they (Bill + Melinda) obliged to strongarm the university and make them give exclusivity to Astrazenica.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
It's kinda sad really, I guess there are some things money cannot buy.
27 years seems real familiar. Mine lasted 26 1/2 years. It just seems they've change, you've changed, you didn't change, and on, and on. It happens unfortunately.

Reactions: pcgeek11

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
27 years seems real familiar. Mine lasted 26 1/2 years. It just seems they've change, you've changed, you didn't change, and on, and on. It happens unfortunately.

It happens a lot once the kids are grown. People grow apart sometimes. It's quite possible for people to move on with some grace & w/o much acrimony. Good luck to them both.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I've been hearing him on quite a few podcasts this year and he always speaks about her glowingly. So it comes as a little bit of a surprise. But you also have no idea what's going on in other people's relationships.

I only care in that I think their foundation does great things and I hope that doesn't change.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I'm honestly curious where the disagreement came in heh. What will they do with their foundation name now?!

I have to say there has been quite a bit of scrutiny of them as of late in terms of the Astrazenica vaccine that was developed by Oxford University.

Originally they planned to open source it for it to be made anywhere. Instead they (Bill + Melinda) obliged to strongarm the university and make them give exclusivity to Astrazenica.
Scrutiny from a bunch of right-wing parrot websites posting the same BS article.

Oxford University said it would offer “nonexclusive, royalty-free licenses” of its work to manufacturers. But as it developed one of the most promising vaccine candidates, the university debated whether it was equipped to conduct clinical trials and transfer its technology to manufacturers around the world.

Sir John Bell, who leads the development of Oxford’s health research strategies and chairs the Gates Foundation’s scientific advisory committee, reached out to Dr. Mundel. The advice was direct: “We told Oxford, ‘Hey, you’ve got to find a partner who knows how to run trials,’” Mr. Gates said.

Oxford chose the British-Swedish drugmaker AstraZeneca. The Serum Institute of India, after getting the financial commitment from Mr. Gates, agreed in the summer to start producing the vaccine.

Nov 8, 2012
Scrutiny from a bunch of right-wing parrot websites posting the same BS article.

So where are those non-exclusive royalty free licenses?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
This is multi-billionaire stuff. The rich and powerful stuff. How can we ever know the reason's or the why's? Heck, maybe it's some financial benefit? Or maybe she bought an Apple computer? Or an iPhone? That right there could do it. When you have ka-billions of dollars, probably anything could set you off.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
So where are those non-exclusive royalty free licenses?
Outside of him telling Oxford they needed to work with someone that knew how to run trials, you got any credible links that Bill Gates has anything to do with the pricing of the Oxford vaccine?

AZ ran the trials, Oxford was incapable of doing so, without the trials, the formula would be worthless.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Interviews with Bill make him seem like the kind of guy who has lost complete interest in sex and relationships. Dude seems like a hardcore bookworm. So in my very uninformed opinion this is Melinda wanting more out of a relationship and Bill being done with the whole thing. I'll be surprised if he wastes a cent on a hooker or gold digger, let alone getting into another relationship. Maybe an intellectual relationship but I think he had that with Melinda so probably not.

Reactions: Denly and Zorba

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I'm always surprised when these uber rich couples divorce after like 20 years. You'd think they'd have worked out all sorts of general marital agreements by then with the resources at their disposal. I mean, if she wants to see other guys do you think bill is really getting in the way of that?

Nov 8, 2012
I'm always surprised when these uber rich couples divorce after like 20 years. You'd think they'd have worked out all sorts of general marital agreements by then with the resources at their disposal. I mean, if she wants to see other guys do you think bill is really getting in the way of that?

Exactly. What exactly is the point of divorce at that point? The man/woman can live on opposite sides of the mansion and act as if they aren't even together. I think I remember reading their home has 26 bathrooms in it lol.

Make it an open relationship and let eachother bang if they want.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Ugh. Sometimes people just want to be in Love, like the Bidens. They don't want to fool around, because that's not Love. Sometimes it's not even about sex, at all.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Exactly. What exactly is the point of divorce at that point? The man/woman can live on opposite sides of the mansion and act as if they aren't even together. I think I remember reading their home has 26 bathrooms in it lol.

Make it an open relationship and let eachother bang if they want.

I don't understand why people should stay married if they don't want to be if they are in their 60's. Life is short. It's not like they are abandoning their responsibilities. Why should they have an open relationship? Maybe they have evolved to just be friends. You can do that in separate houses with separate lives.

Reactions: Thump553
Nov 8, 2012
I don't understand why people should stay married if they don't want to be if they are in their 60's. Life is short. It's not like they are abandoning their responsibilities. Why should they have an open relationship? Maybe they have evolved to just be friends. You can do that in separate houses with separate lives.

Because there is very little point in marriage at that point. ESPECIALLY when you're old and already had a family. You can have a relationship and have all that warm and fuzzy "honeymoon relationship" feels all you want, being married doesn't prevent that.

People that divorce are also DRASTICALLY more probable to divorce again. Quick Google:

Research suggests that after your first marriage, the more times you get married, the more likely you are to get divorced. People who enter into second marriages divorce at a rate of 67 percent, and it goes up to 73 percent with a third marriage.

If both you and your partner have had previous marriages, you are 90 percent more likely to get divorced than if this had been the first marriage for both of you.

It obviously shows folks aren't really interested in everlasting commitment. They are just fans of the honeymoon phase. And that's perfectly okay. So why divorce and remarry? Whatever, our system thanks them for spending some of that wealth on lawyers and accountants I guess.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Because there is very little point in marriage at that point. ESPECIALLY when you're old and already had a family. You can have a relationship and have all that warm and fuzzy "honeymoon relationship" feels all you want, being married doesn't prevent that.

People that divorce are also DRASTICALLY more probable to divorce again. Quick Google:

It obviously shows folks aren't really interested in everlasting commitment. They are just fans of the honeymoon phase. And that's perfectly okay. So why divorce and remarry? Whatever, our system thanks them for spending some of that wealth on lawyers and accountants I guess.

Clearly Bill and Melinda Gates are not just honeymoon phase addicts - they have been married for 27 years and raised 3 children off to college. I think they've earned it if they want to be single. People change. What's so hard to get?