Bill from ATT!

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
I just got a small bill from ATT for their "One Rate" plan.
Since I have not enrolled in the "One Rate" plan, this is a pain in the a$$.
Just getting a live operator is a pain.
Maybe I should have just called the FBI on them.
Would that work?

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Sounds like you've been slammed. I had it happen to me as well. I spent hours on the phone arguing charges about a little long distance company that erroneously charge me for calls. Their 800 number was just an answering machine, and Bell wouldn't do anything to help me resolve it. After that, I always put a hold on my phone line that says they have to have my verbal permission to make any account changes, and I haven't had any problems since.

At the time I was in college and didn't know I could file a complaint with the BBB. I would suggest you do this if it's proven you never signed up with AT&T.

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
I know what happened.
I am sure a telemarketer just signed me up for it, even though I said no when they called.

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Yeah that's how it happened to me. I called the company to check on their rates, then declined. Next bill I had about $40 in charges, half of which weren't even my calls. That's why I put the hold on my account, I think it's called a "pick restriction" or something like that. Another thing you can do is disable long distance calling on your line if you use your cell phone instead, which is what I do now... though generally that option has a fee behind it.

bolido2000

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
MCI did the same sh!t to me. Just tell them that the change was done without your concern and remind them of the current lawsuits against long distance companies.

alexjohnson16

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2002
chances are you actually incurred these charges on your own...

one rate is an international plan, you have to pay a monthly recurring charge for the ability to make international calls...

and what you people dont understand, is every time you sign up for a free boat, jetski, vacation, or anything like that at a store or a mall, your information is being submitted to telemarketers lists... and you may ask, i am a telemarketer... i'm in high school, and i get paid $650-$700 every month for my job... yeah it sucks, but it pays very well...

if you dont like telemarketers, request to speak with a supervisor of whoever calls you and have them immediately remove you from their calling list... what most people don't understand is when they tell a tsr they want to be put on a dnc list, it takes 60-90 days to update the list and chances are they will be called again... the sup can do it immediately...

any other questions about telemarketing, shoot...

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
They cancled my bill.
I swear I will just call the FBI next time.
Although they did it immediately, it was a pain finding the number, and working through the phone menu.