Bill Clinton says Barack Obama must 'kiss my ass' for his support.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

extra

Golden Member
Dec 18, 1999

"I think Ronald Reagan changed the trajectory of America in a way that Richard Nixon did not and in a way that Bill Clinton did not... he just tapped into what people were already feeling, which was we want clarity, we want optimism"

the truthiness of the statement doesn't really matter, it was a fucked up thing to say about the only democrat who's won the presidency in the past 30+ years."

Nah, in context that statement makes sense and I agree with it. He's also said good things about stuff that Clinton did and said bad things about Reagan's actual policies. So what?

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Originally posted by: Dari
If you don't vote, you have nothing to complain about.

Seriously, can't we give this a rest? Is there a more oft-quoted, horribly inaccurate platitude in existence?

As Matt Stone and Trey Parker so eloquently put it, why vote when you have to choose between a douche and a turd?

Just because the system is incurably broken and produces candidates only a moron would like, doesn't mean that those who voluntarily choose not to bang their nuts in a car door by participating lose the right to complain about the process, candidates, and results. In fact, they have MORE reason than anyone to complain.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: sactoking
As Matt Stone and Trey Parker so eloquently put it, why vote when you have to choose between a douche and a turd?

If you mean Obama is the turd because he's brown, I call RACIST!

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I'm trying to figure out if you're serious or not, and I have no clue.

Let's just say that the comparison came about several years ago before it was known who the candidates in THIS one would be and applies to any and all elections. Would Bart Simpson's classic example of a paradox, "You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't" be more appealing to you?

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Meh, I get angry when people do things I don't like to me or my wife and say awful things too. Bill is just being human. He's a human that holds grudges it seems, but he is still human. He is also being a really dumb human because he knows he is in the spotlight and despite how much he may not like Obama right now, he is the man in his party running for President. He should know better.