Bill Clinton interview on Fox News (video)

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
Olbermann Shows Bush Did Little Prior to 9/11

So I guess Fox news only thinks that Osama is relevent when it's Clinton they're critisizing.

ROFL

As if we're supposed to believe anything Olbermann says. :confused:

The hypocrisy of liberals raving about Fox News while holding up people like Olbermann is simply hilarious.

Actually not as funny as a loofah though.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

So I guess Fox news only thinks that Osama is relevent when it's Clinton they're critisizing.

ROFL

The hypocrisy of liberals raving about Fox News while holding up people like Olbermann is simply hilarious.

What is hilarious is you talking about other people "raving"!! :laugh:

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: sandorski

ROFL

Watch the video.

Why should he? He already thinks he knows more about the subject then Clinton or anybody else for that matter.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

ROFL

Awwwwww how cute, Olbermann is a real threat :D

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Fox News is a joke. Anyone who still thinks they are "Fair and Balanced" after whatching that blatent right wing attempt of an interview needs to stop voting... forever.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: AdamK47 3DS
Fox News is a joke. Anyone who still thinks they are "Fair and Balanced" after whatching that blatent right wing attempt of an interview needs to stop voting... forever.

I'm not going to disagree with you that Fox News is on the conservative side, but most other news networks are on the liberal side, so does that make all of them a joke as well?

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: JD50
I'm not going to disagree with you that Fox News is on the conservative side, but most other news networks are on the liberal side, so does that make all of them a joke as well?
It depends on how much of what they actually report is true. In the case of Faux, almost none of what they say passes the stench test for "truthiness," let alone real truth.
Truthiness is a satirical term coined by Stephen Colbert in reference to the quality by which a person claims to know something intuitively, instinctively, or "from the gut" without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or actual facts. Colbert created this definition of the word during the first episode (October 17, 2005) of his satirical television program The Colbert Report, as the subject of a segment called "The WØRD."

By using the term as part of his satirical routine, Colbert sought to critique the tendency to rely upon "truthiness," and its use as an appeal to emotion and tool of rhetoric in contemporary socio-political discourse. He particularly applied it to President Bush's modus operandi in nominating Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court and in deciding to invade Iraq as well as the rationale behind Wikipedia.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Harvey
It depends on how much of what they actually report is true. In the case of Faux, almost none of what they say passes the stench test for "truthiness," let alone real truth.
Truthiness is a satirical term coined by Stephen Colbert in reference to the quality by which a person claims to know something intuitively, instinctively, or "from the gut" without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or actual facts. Colbert created this definition of the word during the first episode (October 17, 2005) of his satirical television program The Colbert Report, as the subject of a segment called "The WØRD."

By using the term as part of his satirical routine, Colbert sought to critique the tendency to rely upon "truthiness," and its use as an appeal to emotion and tool of rhetoric in contemporary socio-political discourse. He particularly applied it to President Bush's modus operandi in nominating Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court and in deciding to invade Iraq as well as the rationale behind Wikipedia.

Ok, so you use a link to wikipedia to prove your point that Fox News lies the majority of the time.....

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Ok, so you use a link to wikipedia to prove your point that Fox News lies the majority of the time.....
Colbert the definition of truth?

Boy the Kool Aid is strong tonight :laugh:
Weak are the forces of reading comprehension skills in these trolls... Did either of you Bushwhacko sycophants bother to read what I said before opening your mouth? Do you have a clue about the meaning of the word, sarcasm]? Do you really think I don't know who Stephen Colbert is or what his show is about?

For that matter, do you even comprehend that everything he says is a sarcastic jab at your beloved Criminal In Chief and his adminstration of traitors?

If the best you clowns can do is to pick on me for juxtiposing the words, truth and "truthiness" in a sentence as sarcasm to make a point, you really need to go home and practice. You may be ready to try again someday, but don't expect it in this decade. :laugh:

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

Weak are the forces of reading comprehension skills in these trolls... Did either of you Bushwhacko sycophants bother to read what I said before opening your mouth? Do you have a clue about the meaning of the word, sarcasm]? Do you really think I don't know who Stephen Colbert is or what his show is about?

For that matter, do you even comprehend that everything he says is a sarcastic jab at your beloved Criminal In Chief and his adminstration of traitors?

If the best you clowns can do is to pick on me for juxtiposing the words, truth and "truthiness" in a sentence as sarcasm to make a point, you really need to go home and practice. You may be ready to try again someday, but don't expect it in this decade. :laugh:

So once again you cant prove your point that Fox News lies the majority of the time, instead, you call me a "Bushwhacko sycophant" when this has absolutely nothing to do with George Bush and no where in this thread have I said that I am a supporter of Geoarge Bush. I was merely suggesting that you need better proof that Fox News lies all the time than a link to wikipedia. I think you need to lighten up a little bit.

UptheMiddle

Dec 28, 2003
A strong part of the reason why everything is such a mess is because the two most powerful political parties are too busy trying to undermine the other one....as opposed to finding workable solutions to all of the problems that this country faces. 90% of you pricks haven't even served in the military, yet you pretend to have a notion of what needs to be done to eliminate the threat of terrorism. The political parties, media, and public need to let our military do that and quite hamstringing them.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: UptheMiddle
A strong part of the reason why everything is such a mess is because the two most powerful political parties are too busy trying to undermine the other one....as opposed to finding workable solutions to all of the problems that this country faces. 90% of you pricks haven't even served in the military, yet you pretend to have a notion of what needs to be done to eliminate the threat of terrorism. The political parties, media, and public need to let our military do that and quite hamstringing them.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Although, I do think that it is everyones right to criticize the military/government as much as they would like.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
So once again you cant prove your point that Fox News lies the majority of the time...
I repeat -- Weak are the forces of reading comprehension skills in these trolls. If my post bothers you so much, you're welcome to search my posts, including in this thread, in which case, you'll find that I document the majority of what I say, including and especially how full of sh8 Faux and their staff are. You could also go out an search for examples where Faux actually tells the truth about anything beyond the time of day and their own putrid name.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
So once again you cant prove your point that Fox News lies the majority of the time...
I repeat -- Weak are the forces of reading comprehension skills in these trolls. If my post bothers you so much, you're welcome to search my posts, including in this thread, in which case, you'll find that I document the majority of what I say, including and especially how full of sh8 Faux and their staff are. You could also go out an search for examples where Faux actually tells the truth about anything beyond the time of day and their own putrid name.
... instead, you call me a "Bushwhacko sycophant" when this has absolutely nothing to do with George Bush and no where in this thread have I said that I am a supporter of Geoarge Bush. I was merely suggesting that you need better proof that Fox News lies all the time than a link to wikipedia. I think you need to lighten up a little bit.
Yeah. I know. This thread is about

I think that you have serious issues with your hatred towards Fox News. Do you really think that they are so different from any of the left wing news networks?

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: AdamK47 3DS

they are all a joke...but is their slant the only reason why this is so?
i doubt it.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005

So once again you cant prove your point that Fox News lies the majority of the time, instead, you call me a "Bushwhacko sycophant" when this has absolutely nothing to do with George Bush and no where in this thread have I said that I am a supporter of Geoarge Bush. I was merely suggesting that you need better proof that Fox News lies all the time than a link to wikipedia. I think you need to lighten up a little bit.

One word : Malmedy

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
I think that you have serious issues with your hatred towards Fox News. Do you really think that they are so different from any of the left wing news networks?
There are no left wing news networks in the U.S. That is a myth repeated endlessly by the right so they have an excuse to dismiss stories they don't like. Fox is blatantly biased towards the right. The rest are blatantly biased to whatever they can best sell (without hurting their corporate owners and advertisers, of course).

Aisengard

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2005
Actually, I personally think Fox is biased towards whoever holds power at the time. Call me crazy, but I don't remember it being this pathetically on its knees towards the right during the Clinton era.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Not only are the US media 'biased', but the whole debate about 'left' and 'right' bias seems designed to make people not notice how they're biased.

It's like debating whether Bush deserves credit for his perfect Iraq policy, or whether he's a jerk stealing the credit for it from his aides. Note how it gives Bush fans and enemies each a side to passionately engage on, with all kinds of witticisms about 'Bush stole every good policy he has' or commentary about how the president deserves credit for choosing good aides, all the while leaving the question whether is IS a perfect policy unasked. I use an extreme example that would be caught by most to illustrate the idea - things like *corporate* bias in the media are not even hardly discussed by the public when they are arguing over 'left' and 'right'. It's a wonderful way to hide the bias and get away with it.

Look how much 'crap' journalism there is - the name JonBenet Ramsey is well known across the nation - while one of the most important stories in the nation affecting Americans is the huge shift in wealth to the top in the last 25 years: how many stories do you see which say anything about the fact that the top 5% of Americans owned half of the nation's total wealth 30 years ago, but more than three times as much as the lower 95% by 1999 (and a higher share since then)?

I'm not saying why the big story is not covered, though it's in the interests for it not to be for the wealthy (and the corporations they own) - but it's a problem that it's not reported.

It's a hard to deny example of 'media bias' whatever the explanation, even if the bias is not any 'conspiracy' but just reflecting the public's preference for puffery.

A clear example recently was the Newsweek issue which had a cover story on the re-emergence of the Taliban on issues globally - except in the US.

That issue replaced the cover story - and I heard the article altogether - with an article on celebrity photos.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: piasabird
Why does the President Clinton need to certify that a terrorist with an indictment from a US Court as a terrorist, is a terrorist. Clinton is a lawyer and an expert liar. Why would anyone believe anything President Clinton had to say?
good question.