• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."
  • Community Question: What makes a good motherboard?

Bill Clinton interview on Fox News (video)

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
8,133
1
0
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: shadow9d9
Btw, I'm not a democrat.. but you bought the whole "if you aren't with us, you're against us" line hook line and sink...So there is no "kool-aid" for me...
Right. The "if you aren't with us..." is a straw man if I ever saw one. I've never said anything of the sort.

I simply pointed out that you claimed he didn't admit ANY MISTAKES... I proved you wrong and you say that I must be naive to think he admitted every mistake he ever made in the interview? HUH!? That makes absolutely no sense.
Let's take a look at my actual quote:

"The guy still refuses to admit the mistakes he made and accept responsibility for the incompetence of both himself and those he surrounded himself with (Reno, Berger, et al.)"

In hindsight I could have added "many" in there. The only thing Clinton really admits is that he failed to get Bin Laden. This is true. But as usual, he does attempt to blame many of his mistakes on "right wingers" and "Bush and his neocons" when he should be sliding that mirror a little closer to his face.

It isn't a straw man, it perfectly describes your views. You look at anyone who disagrees with you as a must be democrat or liberal. Therefore, you look at it that if we aren't with you, we must be against you.

You think he is going to start a confessional in an interview? Huh? You said he didn't admit mistakes... he did. Period.

I am critical of everythign I love more than things I don't care about. For example:
I love and am super critical of my sci fi shows, music, books, computer games, myself, my work, and this country. I will have a critical eye on every president and have no loyalty ot either party. I hold despicable republicans and democrats equally under a critical lens.

I came into this thread and said that Clinton admitted some mistakes, which you claimed never happened. I proved it and you called me a liberal... Why is this such a game to you? I simply pointed out your error. You can't even admit a mistake in an online forum.. how could anyone take you seriously?
 
Aug 1, 2006
1,308
0
0
Originally posted by: daniel49
Originally posted by: International Machine Consortium
Originally posted by: getbush
Is your last name 49? What a useless tangent.
Useless Tangent is 49's middle name. ;)
Its a very simple point although it may escape you. One cannot pretend to be politically objective and have a handle like Getbush.
And your sig indicates great objectivity?
"Are you kidding? A stamp with Bill Clinton on it? Who would want to lick the back of that?"
Right.... Obsession with other's sex lives seems to be a hallmark of the Republican party. Too bad they can't be obsessed with fixing the nation's problems....
 

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
16,991
0
0
Originally posted by: Pabster
Clinton was owned by Chris Wallace.

Nothing but typical lies from Slick. Excuse after excuse for the incompetence of himself and his administration. "But Bush had 8 months!" (Nevermind that I had 8 years!)

My favorite was the viewer who wrote in "Is Bill Clinton lying? Well, are his lips moving?" :D :p
If you think Clinton was owned there I guess that explains your position on, well, everything... :roll:
 

Pens1566

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2005
7,550
666
126
As someone previously posted, the 9/11 commission report cites the oh so infamous Clinton admin plans that pabster seeks. Page 197 IIRC. But, the 9/11 commission is crap, right pabster????
 

Smilin

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
7,357
0
0
Originally posted by: Pens1566
As someone previously posted, the 9/11 commission report cites the oh so infamous Clinton admin plans that pabster seeks. Page 197 IIRC. But, the 9/11 commission is crap, right pabster????
Yeah, buncha left wing Monicas. hehe :p
 

fitzov

Platinum Member
Jan 3, 2004
2,477
0
0
Originally posted by: Dean
"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

-- Herman Goering 4-18-1946



Now that is scary!!
 

palindrome

Senior member
Jan 11, 2006
942
1
81
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: palindrome
Wow, I can't believe people actually defend Clinton... He was the master of doing nothing and sweet talking his was around everything. He defaced the presidency by fvcking an intern (an ugly one at that...). I cannot believe how naive America has become. The only reason I can think of that people defend Clinton is that they were so active in promoting his awesomeness during his administration and got burned by Clinton's retarded mistakes... Yeah, Bush isn't perfect, not even close. But, Bush had the backlash of the remnant Clinton administration working against him. Clinton's whole administration was a wart on what the presidency stands for.
Really? How old are you?

Many of us peons did quite well under Clinton, now we're suffering.

Only the rich are doing better under Bush, obviously you are in that grouping. Congrats
Actually my parents have never made more than 60k a year combined income between the two of them. I'm a college student, working full time, living in an apartment. Don't think for one second that I'm rich or have ever been. I'm not, and the only way I'd ever become it, is through earning it. Jesus Christ you as an asshat. I say something about Clinton, so you say something about me personally.... What does that say about your opinion?

Also, as an FYI, do YOUR fvcking research. Go back and look at newspapers from when Bush first got into office. Research about all of the lobbying people did to tie up the Bush administration in the first months of presidency. Go back to high school moron...

One more thing, you have Reagan and Bush Sr to thank for all of us "peons" doing well. Did you also know that the majority of Americans cannot name ONE not even ONE notable thing about Clinton's presidency, aside from fvcking his intern. You are pathetic, just because you personally don't like Bush doesn't mean he is doing a bad job. If I had the choice of someone better, I would never vote for Bush. But, since Kerry was his opponent, there was no doubt in my mind that he fvck things up worse than Clinton.

Just remember all you so-called democrats out there, instead of just pointing out what you think is wrong, why do you try to do something to fix it. Damn cry babies.
 

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
8,133
1
0
Originally posted by: palindrome
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: palindrome
Wow, I can't believe people actually defend Clinton... He was the master of doing nothing and sweet talking his was around everything. He defaced the presidency by fvcking an intern (an ugly one at that...). I cannot believe how naive America has become. The only reason I can think of that people defend Clinton is that they were so active in promoting his awesomeness during his administration and got burned by Clinton's retarded mistakes... Yeah, Bush isn't perfect, not even close. But, Bush had the backlash of the remnant Clinton administration working against him. Clinton's whole administration was a wart on what the presidency stands for.
Really? How old are you?

Many of us peons did quite well under Clinton, now we're suffering.

Only the rich are doing better under Bush, obviously you are in that grouping. Congrats
Actually my parents have never made more than 60k a year combined income between the two of them. I'm a college student, working full time, living in an apartment. Don't think for one second that I'm rich or have ever been. I'm not, and the only way I'd ever become it, is through earning it. Jesus Christ you as an asshat. I say something about Clinton, so you say something about me personally.... What does that say about your opinion?

Also, as an FYI, do YOUR fvcking research. Go back and look at newspapers from when Bush first got into office. Research about all of the lobbying people did to tie up the Bush administration in the first months of presidency. Go back to high school moron...

One more thing, you have Reagan and Bush Sr to thank for all of us "peons" doing well. Did you also know that the majority of Americans cannot name ONE not even ONE notable thing about Clinton's presidency, aside from fvcking his intern. You are pathetic, just because you personally don't like Bush doesn't mean he is doing a bad job. If I had the choice of someone better, I would never vote for Bush. But, since Kerry was his opponent, there was no doubt in my mind that he fvck things up worse than Clinton.

Just remember all you so-called democrats out there, instead of just pointing out what you think is wrong, why do you try to do something to fix it. Damn cry babies.


If you are in college now, that means you were 14-16 when Clinton LEFT office... Which means you were 12-14 2 years before he left office... yet you remember enough to say "He was the master of doing nothing and sweet talking his was around everything. "? Just wondering...

I was young at the time as well, although not nearly as young as you... what I remember was:
-a balanced budget
-great economy during his terms
- helping Somalia, albeit fuzzy on details
-both sides of congress did not let him do much of what he wanted and wouldn't cooperate with anything he did.
-America became a laughing stock because our congress was making such a fuss over a blowjob. You could do some research on this if you'd like. Foreign countries don't take personal relationships of their politicans NEARLY as seriously as we do.... Matter of fact, a politician recently in Canada's popularity actually went up after he adimtted he was gay.

That is about all... but again, I was young.. albeit not nearly as young as you were.
 

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
41,604
17
81
Originally posted by: palindrome
Just remember all you so-called democrats out there, instead of just pointing out what you think is wrong, why do you try to do something to fix it. Damn cry babies.
Relevant commentary


Pointing out a problem can still be useful, even if you don't know how to solve it.
I can trip and break my forearm in two areas, so there are a total of 4 fractures. I might need pins through my bones to hold them in place so they can knit. I don't know how to fix it. By your logic, I shouldn't complain about it, because I don't know how to fix it. Maybe I should go to a doctor, someone who does know how to fix it?
 

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
10,054
0
71
Originally posted by: shadow9d9


If you are in college now, that means you were 14-16 when Clinton LEFT office... Which means you were 12-14 2 years before he left office... yet you remember enough to say "He was the master of doing nothing and sweet talking his was around everything. "? Just wondering....

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15014682/site/newsweek/">Research says:
College kids are ignorant about the facts concerning History, Civics -
Politics in general when they enter, and in many cases get even dumber
as they advance through their Senior year -
entering the world as uninformed buffons</a>

 

Zedtom

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2001
2,146
0
0
Chris Wallace supporters will insist that he's only digging for explanations, but the respect that is given by the press to George H.W. Bush and Gerald Ford is sadly lacking.

Wallace learned his style at home from his dad, but the Fox agenda has turned him and others into smarmy little jerks who worship at the altar of Ann Coulter.
 

Smilin

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
7,357
0
0
Originally posted by: shadow9d9
If you are in college now, that means you were 14-16 when Clinton LEFT office... Which means you were 12-14 2 years before he left office... yet you remember enough to say "He was the master of doing nothing and sweet talking his was around everything. "? Just wondering...

I was young at the time as well, although not nearly as young as you... what I remember was:
-a balanced budget
-great economy during his terms
- helping Somalia, albeit fuzzy on details
-both sides of congress did not let him do much of what he wanted and wouldn't cooperate with anything he did.
-America became a laughing stock because our congress was making such a fuss over a blowjob. You could do some research on this if you'd like. Foreign countries don't take personal relationships of their politicans NEARLY as seriously as we do.... Matter of fact, a politician recently in Canada's popularity actually went up after he adimtted he was gay.

That is about all... but again, I was young.. albeit not nearly as young as you were.[/quote]

Revisionist history is really starting to get old. Lewinsky was not the only thing that happened during the Clinton years. What really, really happened? 8 years of peace and prosperity, that's what.

When Clinton conducted a war (that I happened to be in), it went so well it barely made headlines. He did what Sun-Tzu said politicians should do in time of war: Decide to go to war then STFU and let the Generals (Wes Clarke in this case) run it.

There was actually peace between Palestine and Israel during the Clinton years.

Has anyone here ever lost or quit a job? What did you do about healthcare? If COBRA saved your ass (it has mine) thank Clinton.

Liberals like Clinton just want to take your money and give it away to the poor right? Yeah, that's what they tell you. More people came off welfare as a result of laws enacted under Clinton than any Republican before or after.

We didn't just have a balanced budget under Clinton ... we were on track to pay off the entire national debt by 2012 when he left office! About 1/4 of our current taxes go towards simply paying interest on our national debt. You think Bush's tax cut was nice? Wouldn't an across-the-board 1/4 reduction in taxes rock??

Oh and before you even go there: Don't start on how we were starting a recession when Bush took office. We were in the same spot when Clinton took office. Only instead of being fiscally CONSERVATIVE Bush decided to enact the only tax cut ever during a time of war (WTF??) and now look where we are. The Dow Jones is re-approaching it's alltime high and are we back on track to pay of the debt by 2012? No. We are going backwards...what is it right now? 1/3 or 1/2 trillion being added to the debt every year? "Tax and spend" liberal they say.... "Credit card and spend" conservative I say. Don't worry though... every dollar you save in taxes is two dollars your kids will have to pay after interest. :/

I wish people would wake up and look at reality instead of just perceiving it by what people tell them. Republicans are not real conservatives anymore. They are not fiscally conservative (look at our debt). They are not socially conservative (a constitutional amendment because the government doesn't like what some people do in their own bedrooms????).

I wish the country could get back to the middle and stop being so polarized. Look at me, I'm a liberal democrat but if I had my choice a particular republican would be in office!! (NOT Bush) Maybe when the jackass is out of office we can all go back to being just "Americans". He is the only reason we don't reach across the aisle to each other. Intelligent people with differing views CAN reach compromises and get along just great.

 

Zorba

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 1999
7,836
1,726
136
Originally posted by: palindrome
Did you also know that the majority of Americans cannot name ONE not even ONE notable thing about Clinton's presidency, aside from fvcking his intern.
The Majority of Americans can't point to Israel on a map, either.
The Majority of Americans can't name who we fought durring WWII, or the dates of the war.
The Majority of Americans don't know anything about WWI.

Basing history on what the majority of Americans think/remember is very stupid.

 

Smilin

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
7,357
0
0
Originally posted by: palindrome
Just remember all you so-called democrats out there, instead of just pointing out what you think is wrong, why do you try to do something to fix it. Damn cry babies.
Problem: You find yourself in a hole. What is the first thing you should do to fix it?

STOP DIGGING.

So step one towards fixing things is to impeach Bush.

 

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
13,820
1,123
126
The part that still amuses me is some people, cough the GOP, think that had Clinton been able to kill OBL when he had the window to do so, that would have somehow prevented 9/11. History tells us that cutting off the head simply spawns a new one. So this whole OBL/Clinton echo chamber BS is just that, BS It is planned, strategic deflection for the ball they have dropped time and time again since 9/11. The world is indeed less safe now thanks to our romp in Iraq. It's time for a change.
 

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
16,988
0
0
Originally posted by: Zedtom
Wallace learned his style at home from his dad, but the Fox agenda has turned him and others into smarmy little jerks who worship at the altar of Ann Coulter.
Come back and whine when you have credentials even remotely comparable to Chris Wallace.
 

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
38,584
344
126
That's a pathetic post, Pabster.

Response 1: People do not need to have similar roles to comment on others.

Response 2: You post your next comment on Ted Kennedy or Clinton the next time you hold the same office they do or did.

Reponse 3: So, as soon as Zedtom becomes a sleazy mouthpiece for corruption like Chri Wallace, then he can comment?
 

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Administrator
Oct 9, 1999
35,052
28
86
Originally posted by: Pabster
Come back and whine when you have credentials even remotely comparable to Chris Wallace.
Come back and whine when you have even one shred of evidence to support any of your bullsh8! For all your pissing and moaning, you still haven't done that. :roll:

And while I'm on the subject, who the fsck are you to tell anyone what they can and can't say about Chris Wallace or anyone else? That's like your traitorous criminal President trying to tell us in his speeches loyal Americans can and can't think. You're both full of sh8 liars. :thumbsdown: :| :thumbsdown:
 

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
58,686
2
0
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: Sheepathon
War Plans
I do believe I asked earlier in the thread for credible evidence, not RawStory liberal propaganda.
http://www.rawstory.com/images/clarkeatt.pdf

That's a PDF. Portable Document Format. In this case, it means it's a scanned image of the actual document. Where the image is hosted matters not. Well, at not to anyone with at least one firing synapse so where's that leave you?

How about these, then, skippy?


http://news.findlaw.com/nytimes/docs/terrorism/dec2000aqmem.html
One of two reports attached to former Counterterrorism Chief Richard Clarke?s January 25, 2001 memo to former National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice warning that ?al Qida is not some narrow, little terrorist issue.? (http://news.lp.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/clarke/clrk2rice12501mem.html)
http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/clarke/attachment1.gif
Image 1. Same exact image as that hosted at RawStory (who, btw, has had a cousin of one of their key members "disappeared" by INS)

http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/clarke/attachment2.gif
Image 2.


There are 13 total. Shall I continue?
 

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Administrator
Oct 9, 1999
35,052
28
86
Originally posted by: conjur
http://www.rawstory.com/images/clarkeatt.pdf

That's a PDF. Portable Document Format. In this case, it means it's a scanned image of the actual document. Where the image is hosted matters not. Well, at not to anyone with at least one firing synapse so where's that leave you?

How about these, then, skippy?


http://news.findlaw.com/nytimes/docs/terrorism/dec2000aqmem.html
One of two reports attached to former Counterterrorism Chief Richard Clarke?s January 25, 2001 memo to former National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice warning that ?al Qida is not some narrow, little terrorist issue.? (http://news.lp.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/clarke/clrk2rice12501mem.html)
http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/clarke/attachment1.gif
Image 1. Same exact image as that hosted at RawStory (who, btw, has had a cousin of one of their key members "disappeared" by INS)

http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/clarke/attachment2.gif
Image 2.


There are 13 total. Shall I continue?
Only if Pabster persists in denying the reality of the documents. For further confirmation these documents are genuine and more on this story, catch Keith Olbermann's first segment, tonight, or catch it on his page on MSNBC, tomorrow.

Pabster -- Your flight from reality has crashed and burned. Do you plan on returning to Planet Earth? :roll:
 

catnap1972

Platinum Member
Aug 10, 2000
2,607
0
76
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: conjur
http://www.rawstory.com/images/clarkeatt.pdf

That's a PDF. Portable Document Format. In this case, it means it's a scanned image of the actual document. Where the image is hosted matters not. Well, at not to anyone with at least one firing synapse so where's that leave you?

How about these, then, skippy?


http://news.findlaw.com/nytimes/docs/terrorism/dec2000aqmem.html
One of two reports attached to former Counterterrorism Chief Richard Clarke?s January 25, 2001 memo to former National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice warning that ?al Qida is not some narrow, little terrorist issue.? (http://news.lp.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/clarke/clrk2rice12501mem.html)
http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/clarke/attachment1.gif
Image 1. Same exact image as that hosted at RawStory (who, btw, has had a cousin of one of their key members "disappeared" by INS)

http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/clarke/attachment2.gif
Image 2.


There are 13 total. Shall I continue?
Only if Pabster persists in denying the reality of the documents. For further confirmation these documents are genuine and more on this story, catch Keith Olbermann's first segment, tonight, or catch it on his page on MSNBC, tomorrow.

Pabster -- Your flight from reality has crashed and burned. Do you plan on returning to Planet Earth? :roll:
Not likely--he's too busy worshipping his life-sized cardboard cutout of King George
 

MrK6

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2004
4,459
3
81
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: MrK6
Pabster, why do you continue to support Bush and his cronies? They are a disgrace to America.
MrK6, why do you continue to support Clinton and his cronies? They are a disgrace to America.

See how that works?
?

Not only is reversing something that someone has asked you the lowest form of a retort, it's just childish. Clinton did a lot for this country in many areas and allowed us to come strong into the new millenium (AS SHOWN BY THE MANY LISTS AND QUOTATIONS IN THIS THREAD). What has Bush and his administration done besides screw up?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY