Hehe, Oprah makes $125 million :)

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

<<

<< Holy sh!t $50 mil:Q >>

Hehe, Oprah makes $125 million :)
>>

I guess that proves you don't need to know sh*t to make big bucks!

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
damn. i can see it now:

WAKING UP WITH CLINTON. Nielsen share: 270 million amerians and how many interns?

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yes, in America even a poor person can become President. But if you make it, you're never poor again!

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I would watch him over O'Reilly. Let me tell ya, if they can get him for $50M, I would do it. Liberals will watch him because we like him, conservatives would watch him because they hate him. They wouldn't need to market him at all, because all the news radio shows will be discussing what he says, and so will tv shows.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

<< I would watch him over O'Reilly. Let me tell ya, if they can get him for $50M, I would do it. Liberals will watch him because we like him, conservatives would watch him because they hate him. They wouldn't need to market him at all, because all the news radio shows will be discussing what he says, and so will tv shows. >>

True. I'd watch him too and I bet he can get this cash.

zimmie6576

Apr 7, 2002

<< Yes, in America even a poor person can become President. But if you make it, you're never poor again! >>

I hope you are being sarcastic, but this is true in principle. However, most presidents (and I think all of the more recent ones) came from wealthy, affluent familes. Most went to extremely expensive private schools, and got into politics early on.

In principle, any natural born U.S. citizen who is at least age 35 can become president. Even someone like jerboy. This is never true in practice though.

Imdmn04

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2002

<< Yes, in America even a poor person can become President. But if you make it, you're never poor again! >>

no president in the past became the president just for the money. even at $200,000 a year, which might seem a lot to the common people, but these people who became the president was very rich already. look at Bush, he owns a goddamn ranch and used to own a sports team.

AmdInside

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2002
I can't imagine Oprah making that much money on just her tv show. Anyways, $50 mil a year is ridiculous. Jay Leno makes 7 million and David letterman make 14 or 15 mil. $50 mil for Bill Clinton is a big waste of cash. I would rather have them use that money to try and get the NBA back on NBC. They almost have no sports games left to broadcast. They lost NFL and MLB and NBA.

gunf1ghter

Golden Member
Jan 29, 2001
It would sure be a hell of a lot easier for him than running all around the world giving speeches at $1M-$3M a pop.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
that might be interesting. bill is an interesting guy... if he can keep from just having people on there that follow his political slant it could be good.

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
In principle, any natural born U.S. citizen who is at least age 35 can become president. Even someone like jerboy. This is never true in practice though.

Jimmy Carter comes to mind.