Biggest Jobs Loss Since 2009 Tests Canadian Resolve on Rates

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Still, the picture for all of 2019 is relatively solid, and the country remains on pace for one of the strongest years of employment over the past two decades. Wage gains also remain robust, with pay increases for permanent employees up 4.4% on the year.

I hate when those mean liberals take pleasure when looking down on others, oh wait.

Sorry Luna, can't gloat because two months, almost had 'em though, almost...

kgGzPfa.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cytg111 and JSt0rm

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Trudeau getting exactly the results you would expect.

I love how it's patently clear you didn't read the whole article, or are purposefully excluding the parts that show this is an exception to an otherwise stellar year.

Besides, from what I've seen, the alternative would've been worse. Andrew Scheer would've just spent his days trying to prop up the dying fossil fuel industry and perpetuating the lie that tax cuts fix everything.

• Haha
Reactions: Luna1968

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Luna's just pissed because Trudeau had the nerve to insult his daddy. You can make things all better, just be waiting on your knees when Trump gets home.
60z2EYc.gif

Reactions: ch33zw1z and dank69

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
right now luna is frantically googling for something that will support his claims.

• Love
Reactions: cytg111

Luna1968

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2019
Did you
I love how it's patently clear you didn't read the whole article, or are purposefully excluding the parts that show this is an exception to an otherwise stellar year.

Besides, from what I've seen, the alternative would've been worse. Andrew Scheer would've just spent his days trying to prop up the dying fossil fuel industry and perpetuating the lie that tax cuts fix everything.

Did you read it.

The economy lost 71,200 jobs in November, Statistics Canada said Friday in Ottawa, following a decline of 1,800 in the prior month. That pares the total number of jobs added this year to around 285,100. The unemployment rate increased to 5.9% in the month, from 5.5% in October, the biggest one-month jump since 2009.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Did you

Did you read it.

The economy lost 71,200 jobs in November, Statistics Canada said Friday in Ottawa, following a decline of 1,800 in the prior month. That pares the total number of jobs added this year to around 285,100. The unemployment rate increased to 5.9% in the month, from 5.5% in October, the biggest one-month jump since 2009.

I did.

Still, the picture for all of 2019 is relatively solid, and the country remains on pace for one of the strongest years of employment over the past two decades. Wage gains also remain robust, with pay increases for permanent employees up 4.4% on the year.

Trudeau has presided over one of the strongest Canadian economies in ages. There are reasons for concern, but you're trying to pretend that two months of bumpy job numbers somehow erases four years of good performance.

Besides, we know damn well why you created a thread devoted to attacking Trudeau; because he made fun of your boy Trump, and you don't like it when people point out that your god is a bumbling idiot.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Besides, we know damn well why you created a thread devoted to attacking Trudeau; because he made fun of your boy Trump, and you don't like it when people point out that your god is a bumbling idiot.

because he is a russian.

Reactions: Meghan54

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
It really is impressive the number of threads that blow up in his face.
Discernment is what the people of Geneva ought to do to cleanse their city of hippy elitist fancy-pants know-it-all scientists.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Trudeau didn't actually insult Trump in any real way. Trudeau's comments were just normal chit-chat. But I kind of get how it is a bit insulting to somebody as thin-skinned as Trump...

I would have liked to see Trudeau just own it, saying something like:

"The national friendship between Canada and the United States is the strongest of its kind anywhere in the world, with over a billion dollars in trade crossing the line each and every day, and is infinitely more important than the feelings of any particular president or any particular prime minister. That said, and in keeping with my own view of the United States as the closest of friends to my beloved Canada, good friends will be honest and direct with each other and if one is behaving like a asshole, a good friend would say so, ideally in private but if necessary in public. I genuinely have sympathy for the internal conflicts rippling through the United States at this difficult time, and I want our neighbors to know that no matter what happens when this presidency is over and after my own time as prime minster ends, that close friendship of nations will continue."

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
So Luna, would you agree that Trump's economy is weak then? This whole thread is premised on how job losses are occurring because Canada won't lower the interest rate in a weakening economy. That's a correct assessment of why interest rates are lowered. The US Fed lowered interest rates 3 times in 2019. It took Trump less than 3 years to inherit a thriving economy and turn it around into one in which the Fed has to step in to try to stave off it weakening.