Biggest jerks on the web

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
The article is dumb, the guy states the reason people go to far is because they cant see the other persons emotions such as a red face to denote anger. That is totally wrong, people KNOW they are making someone mad but they continue because they know there is no thread of physical violence possible and really no possibility of actual retaliation against them for anything they say.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
there is no list. it's like 4 stories about bad internet behavior.

1 - unprofessional lawyer email
2 - some fake digg story about PS3 recalls
3 - WoW Funeral griefing
4 - that 13 yr old girl that killed herself and it turns out the mom of one of her friends was pretending to be a boy she liked.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: pontifex

3 - WoW Funeral griefing
4 - that 13 yr old girl that killed herself and it turns out the mom of one of her friends was pretending to be a boy she liked.

That mom turned out to be my brother in law's patient.

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
Originally posted by: dabuddha

3 - WoW Funeral griefing

I live in minnesota where that 35w bridge collapsed. This 13 year old girl thing reminds me of that scenario or any scenario where someone died and it was highly publisized. All of a sudden EVERYONE is related to the incident! The bridge held a few hundred cars but all of a sudden 5 million people's brothers cousins aunts friends sister was on the bridge!! Why do you even say things like this? What does it do for you? Who the hell is your brother in laws patient, give me a friggin break!

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: tyler811
Originally posted by: Fritzo
Tyler's a jerk for not posting the list.

It would help if you all read the article.

We want a "Who's a Jerk" list like this:

1. Joe
2. Sally
3. Frank

etc

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: tyler811
Tyler's a jerk for not posting the list.

It would help if you all read the article.

We want a "Who's a Jerk" list like this:

1. Joe
2. Sally
3. Frank

etc

Oh man, Joe, what a jerk! I hate that guy! :|

KT

paulxcook

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
Originally posted by: jandrews

3 - WoW Funeral griefing

I live in minnesota where that 35w bridge collapsed. This 13 year old girl thing reminds me of that scenario or any scenario where someone died and it was highly publisized. All of a sudden EVERYONE is related to the incident! The bridge held a few hundred cars but all of a sudden 5 million people's brothers cousins aunts friends sister was on the bridge!! Why do you even say things like this? What does it do for you? Who the hell is your brother in laws patient, give me a friggin break!

Holy overreaction Batman!

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: paulxcook

3 - WoW Funeral griefing

No kidding. Anyway, did you know that I post on the same comp site as dabuddha, and that his brother-in-law . . .

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000

3 - WoW Funeral griefing

Why do you even say things like this? What does it do for you?

Xylitol

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2005
I'm not on there
I find that mostly nerds have an online-persona and a real life persona. I've seen this at school with weird people
suddenly becoming "normal" when I talk with them online for help with homework

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
Originally posted by: Perknose
Originally posted by: paulxcook

3 - WoW Funeral griefing

No kidding. Anyway, did you know that I post on the same comp site as dabuddha, and that his brother-in-law . . .
LOL

T9D

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001

3 - WoW Funeral griefing

Ok ok we'll add you to the Jerk list already. Sheesh you could have just asked.

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
Originally posted by: buck

3 - WoW Funeral griefing

I thought it was pretty evident, I was using the 35w collapse as a jumping point into the subject since many similar things happened at that time just like any other crisis (i.e. oh my sisters cousins uncles brothers aunts twice removed step son was in the tower). I just dont see why people need to try to connect themselves or assert importance to themselves when they have nothing to do with something.

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003

3 - WoW Funeral griefing

I thought it was pretty evident, I was using the 35w collapse as a jumping point into the subject since many similar things happened at that time just like any other crisis (i.e. oh my sisters cousins uncles brothers aunts twice removed step son was in the tower). I just dont see why people need to try to connect themselves or assert importance to themselves when they have nothing to do with something.

:confused: Didn't you just do that???

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
Originally posted by: torpid

3 - WoW Funeral griefing

The whole point was to point out how annoying it was rarrgg!!!

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Originally posted by: torpid

3 - WoW Funeral griefing

The whole point was to point out how annoying it was rarrgg!!!

Congratulations, you live in Minnesota along with a bunch of other yokels.

Jerk.