BIG UH OH!! Police abuse recorded on cell phone!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Narse

Moderator<br>Computer Help
Mar 14, 2000
Originally posted by: BullyCanadian
see this is one of the reasons my mom is afraid of anyone from my family going to the states, (southern states espesically)

(my mom has notthing against the states but just worried of any of her kids going there cause we are half indian and half italian, but we look completely indian, and we hear a lot of stories about racism, btw we did live the states before, in florida i was 2 at the time and dont remember a thing)

your mom really has no idea does she?

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Aimster
if this cab driver was from ATOT and he told his story on here you all would raise your BS flag because cops are angels.

We only call BS if it's you posting it, Aimster. :p

TitanDiddly

Dec 8, 2003
Originally posted by: flxnimprtmscl
Originally posted by: jumpr
Originally posted by: PhasmatisNox
Real? Balls. It's bloatware.
And Microsoft Windows is...

A necessary evil. For a lot of us not l33t enough to use linux anyway ;)

I don't care about RP being bloatware though. I care about the fact that it's almost completely useless and always tries to pick a fight with some other program.

Beat me to it.

No conversion yet?

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
OMG! Shocking. No, really. You mean.. Human Beans will abuse teh powerz0rz?!

NOOOOESSSSS!!!!

imported_Phil

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2001
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
How can a cell phone record a conversation?

Most decent phones these days have "memo recorders". My SonyEricsson T610 has it, you just hit a few buttons and it starts recording. Not very useful for me, really, but in this case...

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: BullyCanadian
see this is one of the reasons my mom is afraid of anyone from my family going to the states, (southern states espesically)

(my mom has notthing against the states but just worried of any of her kids going there cause we are half indian and half italian, but we look completely indian, and we hear a lot of stories about racism, btw we did live the states before, in florida i was 2 at the time and dont remember a thing)

Skin color is major determinant on how you are treated in the US.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Haha, that fuggin' pig will get what's coming to him.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Sharp thinking with the voice memo recording - most phones I've come across can do that. I think there's a time limit on some though... like 30 seconds...

2 complaints in the same week - this whitebread needs to get canned quick or at least fined. Cause in this country, we don't have to take $#!+ from anyone.

Originally posted by: rh71
This whitebread needs to get canned quick.
Defintely. And if this type of thing is widespread in the department, they need some sort of training or harsh discipline program to get them back on track.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
How can a cell phone record a conversation?

My Siemens SL56 is like a little recorder/memo thingy. Press button and it'll use the mic that it uses for speakerphone to record anything it hears. It stops when I release the button.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
  1. That was slick, getting a recording. I LOVE IT!
  2. If you think all cops are dicks like this, you're a moron!
  3. WTF is the deal with driving on the crosswalk being considered 'running the light'? That's insane! I HATE it when people do that, I mean why the hell do you have to crowd into the intersection, especially when there are lines there for a reason. But, it sure as hell shouldn't constitute running a light!

dpm

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2002
Originally posted by: Aimster
if this cab driver was from ATOT and he told his story on here you all would raise your BS flag because cops are angels.

Are you still here?