Big government christian conservatives want to legislate how you have sex

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 27, 2012
Did you? I don't see the words "piece of shit" anywhere in your posts, I don't see anywhere in your posts calling for him to resign, I don't see anything in your posts defending this nut against the constitution.

All I see is you commenting on everything but the original post other than to criticize the source and quip about the guy being a nobody (the attorney general is a nobody in your eyes now?).

So forgive me if I didn't spot your usual outrage.

The source is very leftist so I attacked it because of the complete bias.

This guy is a piece of shit who should resign. Happy?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The source is very leftist so I attacked it because of the complete bias.

This guy is a piece of shit who should resign. Happy?

Yeah!!! I pretty much had to beat it out of you though but hey, baby steps right?

How does it feel? Do you feel dirty for calling out a republican?

Let's see if you can do it again without the training wheels;)

Apr 27, 2012
Yeah!!! I pretty much had to beat it out of you though but hey, baby steps right?

No, I am not a republican and never claimed to be.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
This guy needs to go. And this guy does not represent the entire GOP but that will fall on deaf ears for a lot of you.

Jan 25, 2011
What is it with all these laws being put forward that have no hope of surviving a court challenge anyway? What a total waste of the tax payers money.

Lawrence v. Texas invalidated every state's sodomy laws that were in place at the time. A new one will serve nothing but to make the GOP look stupid (sorry but this will get tied to the entire GOP, like it or not) and cost the people of Virginia a bundle in challenges.

Guess nobody was listening to Jindal after all.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Wow, that sucks (or not). To think that a State Attorney General actually has the integrity to uphold his states laws and dare to ask a full 15 judge court to consider overturning a 3 judge panel. The nerve of the guy. Doesn't he know he's just supposed to ignore what the state law says?

Faux outrage for a State attorney general just doing his job. Too bad he's not as good looking as my States Attorney General or her predecessor who routinely ignored state laws for the sake of their party.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/09/bring_on_the_cuccinelli_principle.html

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I don't care what the Christian conservatives want for me.
I WILL NOT allow a sheep in my bed.
If Christian conservatives want to sex sheep, fine with me.
Just don't force your wooly critters onto us.
Baaaaaad idea Pat Robertson..... Schmuck.

Apr 27, 2012
Yeah yeah, and I totally believe you.

To be honest there really aren't too many republicans any more, just right wing loonies. So I agree you aren't a republican.

Then explain why I attacked obama and romney and I voted for neither of them.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
dude had oral with a 16 and 17 year old. lawrence does not say the .gov can't interfere in sexual relations between adults and minors (and in fact specifically says it does not rule on that).

Last edited:

geniusloci

Mar 6, 2012

Where was your arrogant leftist BS when Barney Frank had a gay prostitution ring being run from his home?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Where was your arrogant leftist BS when Barney Frank had a gay prostitution ring being run from his home?

The same place I was when a republican was caught soliciting sex in an airport bathroom.

What politicians do in their personal lives means very little to me, it's the policies they push that I care about.

Do you see a difference between your example and what this AG is doing?

Rage on dude!

geniusloci

Mar 6, 2012
The same place I was when a republican was caught soliciting sex in an airport bathroom.

What politicians do in their personal lives means very little to me, it's the policies they push that I care about.

Do you see a difference between your example and what this AG is doing?

Rage on dude!

Yeah, in this same example, the 'gay rights' push from the political left disgusts me, so we're on the same page. Oh wait, no we're not, because you support people I despise.
See, it does work both ways, regardless of what arrogant liberals believe.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2005
dude had oral with a 16 and 17 year old. lawrence does not say the .gov can't interfere in sexual relations between adults and minors (and in fact specifically says it does not rule on that).

That wasn't the issue though. The acts happened above the age of consent in Virginia. The law in question was the general anti-sodomy law which the AG wanted to use to pursue charges. But those anti-sodomy laws were struck down in Lawrence v Texas by the USSC.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Don't they still have laws in certain states like Mississippi and Louisiana, and places like N. Dakota, South Dakota against buying sex toys, or a certain amount of sex toys? Which I find to be silly.. but I remember not too long back women throwing sex toy parties and they were raided in some of these states and arrested. Not sure if they still do that.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013

They were not minors, they were at the age of consent by their state law.

It just looks like they got grossed out that he did this with younger guys and still wants to pursue a fruitless prosecution. Wasted tax payer money trying to enforce moral legislation.

As much as I kid and play devil's advocate about prostitution I think they should just legalize that too, and stop trying to go after people who want to have adult consentual sex with each other for a fee.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
They were not minors, they were at the age of consent by their state law.

It just looks like they got grossed out that he did this with younger guys and still wants to pursue a fruitless prosecution. Wasted tax payer money trying to enforce moral legislation.

he was actually convicted of a lesser offense so it was not a fruitless prosecution.

further the 'age of consent' being 15 doesn't mean the person is an adult:

Any person 18 years of age or older, including the parent of any child, who (i) willfully contributes to, encourages, or causes any act, omission, or condition which renders a child delinquent, in need of services, in need of supervision, or abused or neglected as defined in § 16.1-228, or (ii) engages in consensual sexual intercourse with a child 15 or older not his spouse, child, or grandchild, shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Don't they still have laws in certain states like Mississippi and Louisiana, and places like N. Dakota, South Dakota against buying sex toys, or a certain amount of sex toys? Which I find to be silly.. but I remember not too long back women throwing sex toy parties and they were raided in some of these states and arrested. Not sure if they still do that.

They have "Blue Laws" in most states, Colorado has one where car dealerships have to be closed on Sundays. My state of California
http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/california
Dumb Laws in California
California prison workers will no longer be allowed to have sex with inmates

Film producers must have permission from a pediatrician before filming a child under the age of one month

It’s unlawful to let a dog pursue a bear or bobcat at any time.
About this law.

In San Jose and Sunnyvale it is illegal for grocery stores to provide plastic bags.

You may only throw a frisbee at the beach in Los Angeles County, CA with the lifeguard’s permission.

Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
Bathhouses are against the law.

Sunshine is guaranteed to the masses.
It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.
Women may not drive in a house coat.
No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour.

Nov 29, 2006
These topics are such a waste. Unless they are going to give you an alotted time to have sex and watch you then these types of conversations have no merit.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Wow, that sucks (or not). To think that a State Attorney General actually has the integrity to uphold his states laws and dare to ask a full 15 judge court to consider overturning a 3 judge panel. The nerve of the guy. Doesn't he know he's just supposed to ignore what the state law says?

Faux outrage for a State attorney general just doing his job. Too bad he's not as good looking as my States Attorney General or her predecessor who routinely ignored state laws for the sake of their party.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/09/bring_on_the_cuccinelli_principle.html

He wants to enforce a law which is clearly unconstitutional under a prior SCOTUS decision. That's a waste of tax payer money to even bother litigating.

Also, I note the irony of your American Thinker article aligning him with those in favor of "limited government" against the so-called "statists" when he's backing a law which would have the state controlling private sexual behavior. I can't think of anything more statist than involving the state in matters this personal and private.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Yeah, in this same example, the 'gay rights' push from the political left disgusts me, so we're on the same page. Oh wait, no we're not, because you support people I despise.
See, it does work both ways, regardless of what arrogant liberals believe.

Scared of gay people huh? Dumb children are scared of things they lack mental ability to understand.