Big Brother will stop you from speeding - chips limit car speed

rickn

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
I guess that means no passing the old fart doing 28mph on a rural roads. That system better be thoroughly tested. Imagine trying to merge with oncoming traffic and giving it gas, and nothing happens!

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
This will prevent parents killing their kids racing to the hospital.

Number 23S65LDG97S85 - you are out of line. Please retract your statement or be put in the "chamber" :Q:p

Seriously though - the idea reeks of the possibilty of abuse and/or possible travesties like moony pointed out. I won't be a part of things.

CkG

amok

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well, I guess I won't sell my current car the next time I buy.

/amok waves at all the slow pokes as he breaks the sound barrier and all kinds of traffic laws on I75.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
One day we will have the option to create and implant a chip that can track our every move, our every breath, our every heart beat and keep complete records of all that we see or hear. We will be able to end crime by knowing who was at every crime scene. It will be an interesting debate as to whether or not to install.

amok

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Lol, if we've learned anything here at the beginning of the 'Digital Age' its that any digital system can be hacked/worked around/tampered with ;).

no0b

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Just when the freedom loving gun grabbing liberals get all the guns....

;) j/king

/edit to get my point across better: I feel we still need guns in America because of fear of an overbearing government which is evident by this proposal

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: MovingTarget
Older cars will just continue to look even better and better for me.

Yea, I am not going to pay ~$21,000 for one of these car without opitions :p