Bidens pick for DOJ Civil Rights Division.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Someone actually took the time to explain it to you and this is your response? It's clear you didn't actually want an explanation. This is why people respond to you the way that they do.

I mean, he voted for trump, in light of trump bragging about sexual assault on video, and dozens of credible accusers. He obviously doesn't care.

Reactions: nickqt

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I mean, he voted for trump, in light of trump bragging about sexual assault on video, and dozens of credible accusers. He obviously doesn't care.
He voted for and vocally defended a guy who said ‘laziness is an inherent trait of blacks’ and then made a thread complaining about racism.

• Haha
Reactions: nickqt and ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
He voted for and vocally defended a guy who said ‘laziness is an inherent trait of blacks’ and then made a thread complaining about racism.
Yea, something something unintended consequences. Trump voters shot themselves in the foot. I mean, if trump wasn't like totally in on the deep state and destroying the GOP, I'd be surprised.

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
I saw this today and I wonder if she will make it through the confirmation process. Her comments from 1994 are rather troubling.

If you were truly "wondering" maybe doing a bit of research would help. 30 seconds of searching led me to this article.

When she was asked about this in 1994 right after she wrote the piece, she indicated that the views expressed were not hers. She was making a statement.
"The point of Clarke's letter, as explained to me, seemed to be that racist opinions of white Harvard "scholars" are publicly debated while racist opinions of Black "scholars" are categorically rejected. I wish Clarke had made this reasoning clear to The Crimson from the start. "

You know, sort of like Swift didn't really advocate for eating babies. So, my first guess before doing the research that she was making a point and trying to turn the argument around was pretty damn close.

I'm glad this thread has further cemented the truth that you are racist, sexist, AND lazy. Kudos to you.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
If you were truly "wondering" maybe doing a bit of research would help. 30 seconds of searching led me to this article.

When she was asked about this in 1994 right after she wrote the piece, she indicated that the views expressed were not hers. She was making a statement.
"The point of Clarke's letter, as explained to me, seemed to be that racist opinions of white Harvard "scholars" are publicly debated while racist opinions of Black "scholars" are categorically rejected. I wish Clarke had made this reasoning clear to The Crimson from the start. "

You know, sort of like Swift didn't really advocate for eating babies. So, my first guess before doing the research that she was making a point and trying to turn the argument around was pretty damn close.

I'm glad this thread has further cemented the truth that you are racist, sexist, AND lazy. Kudos to you.

Oh, you needed proof? pcgeek is hilariously partisan, and his only real response is: "no, u"

Reactions: Meghan54

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I think it's fine to ask questions. Brett melted down and showed he didn't have the proper temperament when asked. I think asking this woman what she was thinking and if she still thinks this way is all fair game.

Without any context, though, (thanks for the lack of links, btw) it's impossible to know if this was even a serious article.
It's more than just temperament, which is important for a SC justice. Kavanaugh lied under oath during both his Senate confirmation hearings, dating back to 2006. That should have disqualified him from confirmation each time.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
She wrote something stupid in college... 26 years ago. Also I am sure there is a lot of missing context here.

Meanwhile, ABC wrote a bunch of stupid stuff in the last decade years after graduation, and she is on the supreme court.
In typical fashion, anything negative said or done by the Progressheviks have a very short statute of limitations true or not.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
In typical fashion, anything negative said or done by the Progressheviks have a very short statute of limitations. It doesn't matter what her opinions are currently, but what the racist did several years ago.

wow, a two sentence record for directly contradicting your...point? in the same post! Good job!

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
In typical fashion, anything negative said or done by the Progressheviks have a very short statute of limitations true or not.
Maybe you should read the whole thread. The purpose behind the article was explained. She didn't believe it was true, she was making a comentary on how people seriously consider similar articles when written by and about white people. But you know, then you would have looked less stupid ...

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I saw this today and I wonder if she will make it through the confirmation process. Her comments from 1994 are rather troubling.

In 1994, Clarke wrote a letter to The Harvard Crimson in her capacity as the president of the Black Students Association to explain her views on race science.

"Please use the following theories and observations to assist you in your search for truth regarding the genetic differences between Blacks and whites [sic]," Clarke wrote.

"One: Dr Richard King reveals that the core of the human brain is the 'locus coeruleus,' which is a structure that is Black, because it contains large amounts of neuro-melanin, which is essential for its operation.

"Two: Black infants sit, crawl and walk sooner than whites [sic]. Three: Carol Barnes notes that human mental processes are controlled by melanin -- that same chemical which gives Blacks their superior physical and mental abilities.

"Four: Some scientists have revealed that most whites [sic] are unable to produce melanin because their pineal glands are often calcified or non-functioning. Pineal calcification rates with Africans are five to 15 percent [sic], Asians 15 to 25 percent [sic] and Europeans 60 to 80 percent [sic]. This is the chemical basis for the cultural differences between blacks and whites [sic].

"Five: Melanin endows Blacks with greater mental, physical and spiritual abilities -- something which cannot be measured based on Eurocentric standards."
I honestly don't know anything about her. What has her career track record been since college?

Oh and based on SmCaudata post it looks like you probably were just parroting right wing talking points. Do you ever formulate your own opinions based on facts?

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Interesting. Probably a bit to wordy for geek or brandon. They'll just get the scoop from their local sinclair broadcast and confirmed by non partisan media outlet ticket carlson

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Brandonbull was just passed from one grade to the next.

It was called "social promotions" when I was in school. They kept that up until around 11th grade, when the dipshits could get a job; then they'd leave at noon and leave the education to those who wanted it.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
26 years is short? If she had killed someone at 19 in college she'd likely be out of prison by now.

Regardless, I said context matters and as far as I've seen none of you righties have posted the full article or anything except tucker's bullshit.

Also, you supported Trump, so I really don't care what you think about racism.

Last edited:

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
26 years is short? If she had killed someone at 19 in college she'd like be out of prison by now.

Regardless, I said context matters and as far as I've seen none of you righties have posted the full article or anything except tucker's bullshit.

Also, you supported Trump, so I really don't care what you think about racism.
No, not short.
Very short. :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Its funny because we all knew this would happen.

When Obama ran the entire GOP criticized him for having little experience. 8 years later they put up a fat old geezer with NO experience.
They harangued all his appointees for having little experience. Then Donald appointed people with NO experience.

And here we are again 4 years later. GOP and conservative pundits criticizing people for utterly stupid reasons.

Remember folks: this is not hypocrisy. In order to be a hypocrite you have to know what you are doing. The republican party does not.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Who knew writing something vs committing assault on someone are even remotely on the same level?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Its funny how eyewitness testimony is horse shit when its multiple women accusing a white male republican jude of rape, yet totally reliable when a drunk alleges election fraud after it was already investigated and found to be horse crap.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
OK.
Just checking. It is fine with everyone here to have racist views as long as you are of the "right" party race etc...
BTW - Weren't you the person who said it doesn't matter what someone says? You said that concerning Trump. All of a sudden your standards are different. I haven't seen the person but I bet due to you changing standards the person is black.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

You've spent over four years supporting Trump. Don't pretend you care about such things now.