Bidens pick for DOJ Civil Rights Division.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
When was he convicted of rape? I must have missed that part.

Oh that's right.... He wasn't.

Soooo, only people who are convicted of rape are the ones who actually do the raping? That’s some sound thinking there. I doubt there has ever been someone who raped someone who was never convicted. You need to change your profile picture to a pretzel, as it more accurately represents you than the current one.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Soooo, only people who are convicted of rape are the ones who actually do the raping? That’s some sound thinking there. I doubt there has ever been someone who raped someone who was never convicted. You need to change your profile picture to a pretzel, as it more accurately represents you than the current one.

You can believe whatever you want.
Obviously you don't need any facts.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
To put this thread in context, neo-Nazis are now sharing their Telegram/Signal groups and other encrypted comms with pro-Trump groups, and publishing guidance on how to further radicalize Trumptards to neo-Nazism.

But remember, people who prosecute racists are always the “real” racists.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Agreed @pcgeek11, two wrongs don't make a right and all that and I don't disagree that Democrats should hold their own candidates to the same standard that they hold any other public office holder.

If this candidate can't demonstrably show that she has learned, grown, and adjusted her views to a more reasonable stance, then Biden should drop her.

How often do you hear the refrain "350 million people in this country and we picked this asshole?" I'm sure there is a cleaner asshole out there than this one.

Reactions: pcgeek11

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Conservatism in total freefall, now grasping onto shit a Democrat wrote in college 24 years ago.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I saw this today and I wonder if she will make it through the confirmation process. Her comments from 1994 are rather troubling.

In 1994, Clarke wrote a letter to The Harvard Crimson in her capacity as the president of the Black Students Association to explain her views on race science.

"Please use the following theories and observations to assist you in your search for truth regarding the genetic differences between Blacks and whites [sic]," Clarke wrote.

"One: Dr Richard King reveals that the core of the human brain is the 'locus coeruleus,' which is a structure that is Black, because it contains large amounts of neuro-melanin, which is essential for its operation.

"Two: Black infants sit, crawl and walk sooner than whites [sic]. Three: Carol Barnes notes that human mental processes are controlled by melanin -- that same chemical which gives Blacks their superior physical and mental abilities.

"Four: Some scientists have revealed that most whites [sic] are unable to produce melanin because their pineal glands are often calcified or non-functioning. Pineal calcification rates with Africans are five to 15 percent [sic], Asians 15 to 25 percent [sic] and Europeans 60 to 80 percent [sic]. This is the chemical basis for the cultural differences between blacks and whites [sic].

"Five: Melanin endows Blacks with greater mental, physical and spiritual abilities -- something which cannot be measured based on Eurocentric standards."
I honestly don't know anything about here. What has her career track record been since college?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I honestly don't know anything about here. What has her career track record been since college?

Tucker didn't tell him. This is the part where pcgeek tries to convince others that he didn't vote for a racist.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
She has done mean things....horrible things.....so bad they couldn’t be mentioned. ....Tucker and pcgeek can’t bear to look beyond the hell scape that was her college years. After that she did such unspeakable things they can’t be spoken of.

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
How do you feel about going back to High School parties to investigate alleged and unverified misdeeds?
Seriously? You are equating an editorial opinion to a sexual assault. One is a crime and the other could be viewed as racial bias.

Blacks in the US were able to be killed at will by whites not that long ago. In some areas they effectively still can be. Blacks were regularly viewed as inferior and often still are by white supremacists. She wrote an article defending black people's mental and physical capabilities. Often when making a counter point, people intentionally turn the current wisdom and science back in the opposing view. Lastly, it is also just as likely that she believes people are the same. Views can change. Maybe they should ask her. Likely she'll give a well reasoned response instead of a red faced tirade that you often see in pre teens.

You know what can't change? A past sexual assault. That will always be a crime. You know what else won't change, his lack of ability to maintain composure under pressure.

Reactions: Fenixgoon

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Seriously? You are equating an editorial opinion to a sexual assault. One is a crime and the other could be viewed as racial bias.

Blacks in the US were able to be killed at will by whites not that long ago. In some areas they effectively still can be. Blacks were regularly viewed as inferior and often still are by white supremacists. She wrote an article defending black people's mental and physical capabilities. Often when making a counter point, people intentionally turn the current wisdom and science back in the opposing view. Lastly, it is also just as likely that she believes people are the same. Views can change. Maybe they should ask her. Likely she'll give a well reasoned response instead of a red faced tirade that you often see in pre teens.

You know what can't change? A past sexual assault. That will always be a crime. You know what else won't change, his lack of ability to maintain composure under pressure.

I haven't seen any proof that a sexual assault was done.

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
I haven't seen any proof that a sexual assault was done.
You know damn well we aren't going to get "proof" that satisfies you.its not possible this late. If we had a society that believed women and punished perpetrators of sexual assault even remotely reasonably, it probably would have been reported earlier. Her friends said that she called and told them about it immediately. It happened.

Our country would be so much better if we believed women. Think of all the "powerful men" that have been accused or known to engage in sexual assault without consequences.