Bidens pick for DOJ Civil Rights Division.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 11, 2004
OP proving once again what a racist hypocrite dipshit he is. But since he went out of his way to bring it up...

Kavanaugh fucking melted down and started bawling. If a woman did that she would not have been confirmed and people would be questioning if she's too hysterical for any public position. Republicans meanwhile tried to make him out to be the victim because they knew how bad he made them look (and will continue to make them look). He will be a disgrace, but fortunately for him Turmp made sure there were a litany of other disgraces that will overshadow it.

And this is probably where racist fuckwit OP counters with "Obama cried!" Yeah in response to kids being gunned down, not over multiple accusations that he's a fucking rapist and an alcoholic that lies while being questioned if he's fucking lying with Republicans desperately trying to ask softball questions to prevent him from pulling his pants down and just jamming his head up his own ass. Plus Obama didn't start spouting a bunch of conspiracy garbage, bouncing between pathetic crybaby bitch to raging lunatic asshole like is far too common with alcoholics.

Reactions: Zorba

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Guys prepare for four years of conservatives pretending to care about things they obviously don’t care about. The appropriate answer is to just remind people like @pcgeek11 that we know they are lying and so we don’t care what they think.

He had four years to be an adult and a decent human being and he declined, over and over again. We know what his character is.

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
Typical conservative missing the hypocrisy of their statements:
1) Suddenly being upset by "racism"
2) Missing the the massive differences in the "offensive" events (writing a controversial paper in college versus being accused of rape).

Two hallmark conservative traits.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
I think it's fine to ask questions. Brett melted down and showed he didn't have the proper temperament when asked. I think asking this woman what she was thinking and if she still thinks this way is all fair game.

Without any context, though, (thanks for the lack of links, btw) it's impossible to know if this was even a serious article.
I agree, ask her about it during the confirmation hearings, see if anything else comes up. Not because of Republican concern, but because Democrats are legitimately concerned about putting good people into cabinet positions. Although, considering the clusterfuck Trump is leaving behind, Dems will need to be efficient getting nominees through. Can you imagine trying to get our government re-staffed with competent people, and the job those people will have trying to clean up the mess left for them.

Reactions: Zorba

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Although, considering the clusterfuck Trump is leaving behind, Dems will need to be efficient getting nominees through
Does it really matter? One of the things that came out of the Trump Administration is that confirmation process is at best a procedural hurdle, and most of the time completely unnecessary.

Reactions: Meghan54

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
For the record the OP is one of the people here that said it doesn't matter what Trump says.

Missed that mark didn't ya?

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I agree, ask her about it during the confirmation hearings, see if anything else comes up. Not because of Republican concern, but because Democrats are legitimately concerned about putting good people into cabinet positions. Although, considering the clusterfuck Trump is leaving behind, Dems will need to be efficient getting nominees through. Can you imagine trying to get our government re-staffed with competent people, and the job those people will have trying to clean up the mess left for them.

Imagine the GOP holding the Senate majority. They could take the Admin & the country hostage. Patriots!

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
Does it really matter? One of the things that came out of the Trump Administration is that confirmation process is at best a procedural hurdle, and most of the time completely unnecessary.
I'd consider that line of thought if Dems didn't win back the senate. However, with the senate, I'd prefer they get people properly confirmed and just make that process efficient instead of following Trump's lead.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Does that mean he hates Orange Dear Leader? :)

I once had someone claim I was bigoted because I poked fun at Trump's orange tan, as if that was his natural skin color... and yes, I checked to make sure they weren't joking.

HurleyBird

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2003
She wrote something stupid in college... 26 years ago.

I agree with you. People can be redeemed, and if murderers can be redeemed, racists certainly can too. I suspect however that if one were to switch white and black around, you wouldn't agree with you at all.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Without any context, though, (thanks for the lack of links, btw) it's impossible to know if this was even a serious article.
I highlighted the text and searched it to find the source, since one was not provided. He did not provide a link, because the source is highly dubious, and most definitely not a serious one. Fox won that law suit against him by asserting no rational adult would take him seriously, since he is a professional clown. Paraphrasing of course. Which then throws the whole topic in to dispute. Maybe she did write all of that. Perhaps it is even being presented in the proper context. But because of the source, and the well known shit slinging cucker does, I cannot take it seriously until real journalists or fact checkers confirm all of it.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I agree with you. People can be redeemed, and if murderers can be redeemed, racists certainly can too. I suspect however that if one were to switch white and black around, you wouldn't agree with you at all.
Depends on the context and what they've done for the next 26 years.

People are allowed to grew. I know people that voted against gay marriage and now go to pride parades. I don't think they should be held to an immature view from when they were 19.

Reactions: HurleyBird

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Racism is only a problem in America after a Democrat gets elected.
I wish the GOP knew how bad their hypocrisy was.
It is all part of their victim complex. The mindset: Fuck your feelings, but be extremely mindful of mine, because they are very important, and you mustn't hurt them. Also, anything I want to be true, is. All info to the contrary triggers the backfire effect. Yeah man, it is a looooong road from here to republicans respecting intellectuals again. But a hop, skip, and a jump to idiocracy.

Reactions: compcons

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
For a fair discussion it is worth reading the entire op-ed and what it was written in response to:

This is what she wrote:
Blacks Seek An End to Abuse | Opinion | The Harvard Crimson (thecrimson.com)

This is what it was responding to:
Defending The Bell Curve | Opinion | The Harvard Crimson (thecrimson.com)

It is worth asking her about the points she raises during confirmation hearings, though cursory searching does point to some scientific papers discussing some of her points. IMO the meat of the opinion though lies outside those 5 points, black children suffer abuse from racism which impacts their development.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
This isn't some kind of pattern of racism. She was trying to stop discrimination based on IQ scores or SATs, without factoring the disadvantages of growing up with poverty and racism.

To do that she over-reached to show black children had the potential to be just as good if not better by highlighting questionable "advantages"... But she was a young university student then.

I am sure it will come in confirmation hearings and she's prepared to answer it.

I am also sure, RWNJs will never let it go.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
OK.
Just checking. It is fine with everyone here to have racist views as long as you are of the "right" party race etc...