Bidens pick for DOJ Civil Rights Division.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I saw this today and I wonder if she will make it through the confirmation process. Her comments from 1994 are rather troubling.

In 1994, Clarke wrote a letter to The Harvard Crimson in her capacity as the president of the Black Students Association to explain her views on race science.

"Please use the following theories and observations to assist you in your search for truth regarding the genetic differences between Blacks and whites [sic]," Clarke wrote.

"One: Dr Richard King reveals that the core of the human brain is the 'locus coeruleus,' which is a structure that is Black, because it contains large amounts of neuro-melanin, which is essential for its operation.

"Two: Black infants sit, crawl and walk sooner than whites [sic]. Three: Carol Barnes notes that human mental processes are controlled by melanin -- that same chemical which gives Blacks their superior physical and mental abilities.

"Four: Some scientists have revealed that most whites [sic] are unable to produce melanin because their pineal glands are often calcified or non-functioning. Pineal calcification rates with Africans are five to 15 percent [sic], Asians 15 to 25 percent [sic] and Europeans 60 to 80 percent [sic]. This is the chemical basis for the cultural differences between blacks and whites [sic].

"Five: Melanin endows Blacks with greater mental, physical and spiritual abilities -- something which cannot be measured based on Eurocentric standards."

Reactions: Moonbeam

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
She wrote something stupid in college... 26 years ago. Also I am sure there is a lot of missing context here.

Meanwhile, ABC wrote a bunch of stupid stuff in the last decade years after graduation, and she is on the supreme court.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
She wrote something stupid in college... 26 years ago. Also I am sure there is a lot of missing context here.

Meanwhile, ABC wrote a bunch of stupid stuff in the last decade years after graduation, and she is on the supreme court.
I think this is the best point.
The confirmation process will reveal her current views.
Whatever science she cited then was totally bunk. But again she was a college student and we know how dumb they are.

Also tucker carlson can go fuck him. May not be related at all to this story. Just a general sentiment I have for the guy who is the clearly established racist here.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
How do you feel about going back to High School parties to investigate alleged and unverified misdeeds?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Is this what cognitive dishon...dissonance looks like?

For historic purposes, this is what occupies the minds of ... some people ... in the times of insurrection and a 2nd impeachment of a traitorous president, a proverbial 9/11 on capitol hill.

Reactions: Zorba

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
How do you feel about going back to High School parties to investigate alleged and unverified misdeeds?
This must be so far up your rear end that by now it stands to reason its there to stay. Have fun.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I saw this today and I wonder if she will make it through the confirmation process. Her comments from 1994 are rather troubling.

In 1994, Clarke wrote a letter to The Harvard Crimson in her capacity as the president of the Black Students Association to explain her views on race science.

"Please use the following theories and observations to assist you in your search for truth regarding the genetic differences between Blacks and whites [sic]," Clarke wrote.

"One: Dr Richard King reveals that the core of the human brain is the 'locus coeruleus,' which is a structure that is Black, because it contains large amounts of neuro-melanin, which is essential for its operation.

"Two: Black infants sit, crawl and walk sooner than whites [sic]. Three: Carol Barnes notes that human mental processes are controlled by melanin -- that same chemical which gives Blacks their superior physical and mental abilities.

"Four: Some scientists have revealed that most whites [sic] are unable to produce melanin because their pineal glands are often calcified or non-functioning. Pineal calcification rates with Africans are five to 15 percent [sic], Asians 15 to 25 percent [sic] and Europeans 60 to 80 percent [sic]. This is the chemical basis for the cultural differences between blacks and whites [sic].

"Five: Melanin endows Blacks with greater mental, physical and spiritual abilities -- something which cannot be measured based on Eurocentric standards."
Having lived my whole white life with only a brief amount of it spent as a Haole Bug-ger, a charge which somehow little effected the general sense of indifference I felt as to how much my race determined my sense of worth as a human being, I think I can say with some confidence that if all her theories are true and Blacks actually are somehow superior to me genetically, I really don’t care. I am an absolute nobody, a speck, a mote, a bit of dust in the wind, but I heard a joke tonight that absolutely cracked me up. It’s good to be alive. There is so many amazing things to see and experience, and of which I will probably know a mere infinite fraction of. How little of all of that I do have will my inferiority diminish. Why waste a single fraction if a fraction of the potential experience we have as a gift on concerns of what others have. You are what of life you can reflect. Note that which you reflect rather than the dust on the mirror. We were created in God’s image. Be, don’t compare. The light within is free and can’t be taken.

Last edited:

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I think it's fine to ask questions. Brett melted down and showed he didn't have the proper temperament when asked. I think asking this woman what she was thinking and if she still thinks this way is all fair game.

Without any context, though, (thanks for the lack of links, btw) it's impossible to know if this was even a serious article.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

well, that was when he was doing a lot of raping. A LOT of raping; and was specific to the case at hand.

Don't forget that Kavanaugh's colleagues on the DC circuit court and those that knew him and interacted with him in general over current years also consider him an incompetent, usually drunk, woefully unqualified skeeze.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
I think it's fine to ask questions. Brett melted down and showed he didn't have the proper temperament when asked. I think asking this woman what she was thinking and if she still thinks this way is all fair game.

Without any context, though, (thanks for the lack of links, btw) it's impossible to know if this was even a serious article.
He got it from Tucker Carlson. The quotes were shared via infographics, so there's no way of knowing if there's any additional context or even if they're accurate quotes.

Reactions: Zorba

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Seems odd to have a racist in charge of the DOJ Civil Rights Division.
Why do you consider that odd when we have a racist as POTUS? Trump has committed racist ACTS over his lifetime yet you seem to have a different standard for this person.

Has this person committed overt acts of racism?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Why do you consider that odd when we have a racist as POTUS? Trump has committed racist ACTS over his lifetime yet you seem to have a different standard for this person.

Has this person committed overt acts of racism?

He probably also doesn't think it's odd to have an environmental terrorist and developer in charge of Interior, a big oil looter at EPA, a professed antagonist of DoE, in charge of the very department he wants to destroy, and on and on and on.

No, my friend, you'll find the pcgeek, in general, is just fucking retarded.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
You’re a clown. Where was your outrage when the a racist was put into the executive branch to develop immigration policy?

Miller is just misunderstood. He doesn't hate brown people, he hates people who aren't white. See the difference?

Reactions: Meghan54

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Let's see what she believes right now, shall we? If her views have at all modernized, and I suspect they have, it won't take much for a Democrat-led Senate to confirm her.

Besides, there's a tremendous irony in your trying to claim the moral high ground with disingenuous hand-wringing. You know damn well that the Biden administration will actually fight racism rather than enabling it like Trump.