Biden needs to drop out gracefully and leave running for President to those whose minds are still intact!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
It does not matter what the polls say -- Biden has zilch chance of being President! He needs to drop out gracefully!
Joe Biden tells crowd ‘I’m a candidate for the United States Senate’ in confused campaign speech

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden has raised concern after he delivered a confused campaign speech in South Carolina, saying he was a “candidate for the United States Senate” and that people could “vote for the other Biden” if they did not like him.

His speech at the First in the South Dinner on Monday came ahead of the presidential primary in the state on Saturday.

A video of Mr Biden’s speech shared widely on social media showed him saying: “My name is Joe Biden. I’m a Democratic candidate for the United States Senate. Look me over, if you like what you see, help out. If not, vote for the other Biden.”

Mr Biden, 77, has made a series of confusing and controversial statements during a presidential campaign to date that has seen his poll ratings tumble.

Earlier this month, he mistakenly referred to New Hampshire as Nevada on the night of the state’s first-in-the-nation primary.

The speech led some to raise concerns about his health and how rigorous campaigning was affecting him.

Solomon Rajput, a medical student running for Congress in Michigan, said: “The Biden campaign is seriously shameful. Biden was a respectable, if flawed, VP and the yes-men who let his mental health fracture so obviously and extremely like this should be ashamed to their core.

“Take Biden home. Let him retire with dignity. This is sick.”

Another person said: “Whether you’re a Joe Biden supporter or not, I think it’s time for him to drop out… he should be able to retire. Whoever is making him do this is evil.”

Despite the gaffe, Mr Biden has a lead over Senator Bernie Sanders in the latest South Carolina poll of Democratic voters, with both candidates ahead of the pack.

According to figures released by polling firm Public Policy Polling on Monday, Mr Biden has 36 percent of votes, ahead of Mr Sanders who has 21 percent. The firm added Biden was the only candidate with a favourability rating of over 50 percent.

Franz316

Sep 12, 2000
I kind of feel bad for him, he has trouble forming longer sentences and articulating them. Biden really wants to be quick witted, sharp, and fiery, but his mind and mouth usually let him down. Now he just comes off as fiery, and not very coherent. He's mentally declining much like Don.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
What I'm inclined to say has already been posted by JEDI and Franz.

You could see it in Biden's last debate performance, no less obvious than Trump's own reading disability when using the teleprompter.

I thought it was an inspiring story about how Biden conquered his stuttering in his youth. And I've seen him rise and soar in rhetorical delivery during his VP tenure, even as he would make the occasional well-publicized gaffe. But he was verging on incoherency during the debate.

It is the symptom of aging. Maybe his wife should have a talk with him. He doesn't need this misery. He doesn't need the embarrassment. It's as though he's determined to march through his own Stations of the Cross, and he's faltering now.

This also shows the ineptitude of the Trump administration. They went through all the trouble of creating an "unofficial channel" in the Ukraine fiasco, just to damage Biden. This was a serious -- and impeachable! -- miscalculation. It's as though Trump decided to cheat in a poker game for which his opponent was only holding a pair of deuces.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I kind of feel bad for him, he has trouble forming longer sentences and articulating them. Biden really wants to be quick witted, sharp, and fiery, but his mind and mouth usually let him down. Now he just comes off as fiery, and not very coherent. He's mentally declining much like Don.
He seems to do well at times and then out of the blue starts stumbling, tripping over his tongue, not coming back with the words he was reaching for, almost melting down. It's infrequent. It's concerning. Looks like he'll probably take S. Carolina and continue the race. It's a wacky world we're living in.

TBH I used to be an optimist, I'd say an incurable optimist... but I'm coming to my senses and can't say I expect things to "work out." Global warming, the political quagmire that the USA has been sinking into, the threat of a 2nd term with Trump in typical disarray, the coronavirus epidemic threatening global chaos. These, especially in tandem do not bode well.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I've been saying it for over 6 months. Biden does not have all his marbles. He needs to drop out. For those who think a moderate candidate is more electable than Sanders, the best thing that can happen is for Biden to drop and make room for the others. I wouldn't mind seeing Bloomberg drop out too, but that is another discussion.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I don't think he has a chance in Hades of being the nominee. Giving him the full chance to fight and lose might be the respectful way he fades away. There are side effects attached to that, though.

jameny5

Aug 7, 2018
Biden has accomplished more in his political career than the other 5 candidates. RELAX: HE IS NOT GOING NOWHERE!

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Clyburn just endorsed Biden in a speech in SC this morning. Better be enough for him to win a commanding victory there. If not, he should drop out, preferably before super Tuesday.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Clyburn just endorsed Biden in a speech in SC this morning. Better be enough for him to win a commanding victory there. If not, he should drop out, preferably before super Tuesday.
Yea, if he does not come in first, he's done.