Biden Campaign Snags Trump Campaign Domain

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
1. the Biden campaign has pulled its final act of the week: acquiring the web domain KeepAmericaGreat.com.
IANA does not list the owner. So its peculation.

2. When Trump launched his reelection campaign last year, he rolled out the “Keep America Great” as its official new slogan with great fanfare. But the Biden campaign recently learned the web domain was available and snagged it
The say Trump created this domain last year, which A. he didnt. The domain was created in 2015, and B that it was his website, which it never has been.

3.The site now lays out a top-to-bottom rebuke to the Trump administration, including his handling of coronavirus. “Promises Made, Promises Kept Broken,” the site’s home page screams. “Trump isn’t looking for a second term,” it charges. “He’s looking for a do-over.”
This domain has been anti Trump rhetoric for at least a year. This isnt a recent change.

I guess the rest of it is correct, but certainly not the main gist of the headline or the information contained therein. Anything having to do with the domain "keepamericagreat" in relation to Trump is absolutely FALSE and made up.

None of what they said is actual lies. You may not like the way the information, inferences, and speculation is presented, but that's not the same.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
None of what they said is actual lies. You may not like the way the information, inferences, and speculation is presented, but that's not the same.

All 3 of the quotes are lies. The headline is a lie. Its provable, with no room for wiggle.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Wrong. The only thing that would be outright wrong is the thread title. The rest is just as I stated.

Address please the 3 detailed quotes from the article I posted (after you asked) and provide undeniable proof theyre true and not made up. Because, if you would like, I can provide undeniable and irrefutable proof theyre false, as I noted.

Biden didnt buy a once owned by Trump domain that was created last year, which is the premise of the article.. None of that happened.

You know things like domain registrations and domain contents history can easily be found, right? Are you aware of IANA and archive.org?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Address please the 3 detailed quotes from the article I posted (after you asked) and provide undeniable proof theyre true and not made up. Because, if you would like, I can provide undeniable and irrefutable proof theyre false, as I noted.

Biden didnt buy a once owned by Trump domain that was created last year, which is the premise of the article.. None of that happened.

You know things like domain registrations and domain contents history can easily be found, right? Are you aware of IANA and archive.org?

I already did address it bud, in post #26.

If you read the article(s), it doesn't actually say that Trump owned the domain. That conclusion is easy to jump to with the way the information is presented. Trump did indeed use the KAGA slogan in the last year. Oh, does the website now have Trump's many failings listed? Sure does.

I mean, this really isn't that hard. It's kinda funny that this is what you dig in about while Trump himself is on his way to 25k provable false and misleading statements while POTUS, and his supporters spread actual lies, aka alt-facts (term coined by Trump admin), and riddled with corruption. I can see your deeply concerned about being misled!

But go on, stop reading Politico, I'm sure they'll miss your visits.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
1. the Biden campaign has pulled its final act of the week: acquiring the web domain KeepAmericaGreat.com.
IANA does not list the owner. So its speculation.

2. When Trump launched his reelection campaign last year, he rolled out the “Keep America Great” as its official new slogan with great fanfare. But the Biden campaign recently learned the web domain was available and snagged it
This says Trump created this domain last year, which A. he didnt. The domain was created in 2015, and B that it was his website, which it never has been.

3.The site now lays out a top-to-bottom rebuke to the Trump administration, including his handling of coronavirus. “Promises Made, Promises Kept Broken,” the site’s home page screams. “Trump isn’t looking for a second term,” it charges. “He’s looking for a do-over.”
This domain has been anti Trump rhetoric for at least a year. This isnt a recent change.

I guess the rest of it is correct, but certainly not the main gist of the headline or the information contained therein. Anything having to do with the domain "keepamericagreat" in relation to Trump is absolutely FALSE and made up.
I see nothing fake!! You don`t even hold FOX news yp to such high standards! The only thing fake is your faux outrage!!
As was stated earlier as well as in the article nowhere does it say that Trump owned the domain. That conclusion is easy to jump to with the way the information is presented. Trump did indeed use the KAGA slogan in the last year. Oh, does the website now have Trump's many failings listed? Sure does.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
IANA does not list the owner. So its speculation.

This says Trump created this domain last year, which A. he didnt. The domain was created in 2015, and B that it was his website, which it never has been.

dude, fuck trump.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

Someone got hurt right in the feels!

We don't care about your feels, snowflake.

Now go hide in your safespace until daddy says it's safe to come out.

Reactions: Puffnstuff
Nov 8, 2012

It's useless trying to explain they are wrong. They tell themselves they win just so they can continue to drink the koolaid and attempt to forget how bad they lose elections.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
It's useless trying to explain they are wrong. They tell themselves they win just so they can continue to drink the koolaid and attempt to forget how bad they lose elections.
Yet again, Nobody dripping drool while screaming at a mirror.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Furthermore, this was NEVER Trump's website. It has, at least for all of this year, has been an anti-Trump website.

This whole story is made up with no research whatsoever. Its all false.

so you're saying that when the domain expired the Trump team could have grabbed it, but instead the Biden team was more on their shit and beat the Trump team to it.

so you have just confirmed that the Biden team is more up to speed than the Trump team.

Thanks man.

Feb 4, 2009
so you're saying that when the domain expired the Trump team could have grabbed it, but instead the Biden team was more on their shit and beat the Trump team to it.

so you have just confirmed that the Biden team is more up to speed than the Trump team.

Thanks man.

Yeah, to my understanding the site used to redirect to basically re-elect President Trump site, ownership was unknown/unpublished. Lease ran out and Biden’s team snagged it.
The previous owner may have been some MAGA guy
Some Trump loving noob
More likely it was owned by a PAC.

Regardless the best buisness man on the planet was outsmarted by Biden who the President likely regards as the worst businessman on the Planet.
Apparently Sleepy Joe was more awake that day than President Big Boy.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Yeah, to my understanding the site used to redirect to basically re-elect President Trump site, ownership was unknown/unpublished. Lease ran out and Biden’s team snagged it.
Some Trump loving noob

Regardless the best buisness man on the planet was outsmarted by Biden who the President likely regards as the worst businessman on the Planet.

LIES!

• Haha
Reactions: JEDIYoda

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I mean I get his point but really the story is simply funny because it hits at the perfection the President perpetually claims.
Zero scandal in this story. Plenty of humor.

I agree, except the article doesn't actually lie. I agree they word things in a way to draw a conclusion.

Grabbing this domain was a solid move on Bidens part, especially after Trump grabbed the todosconbiden url.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
In this era of Trump, facts don't matter. Add to that your other option, "alternative facts".
So who cares about the story of the website? If you want to believe the story, fine. If you don't want to believe, that's fine too.
Fact is, the domain was probably owned by Soviet operatives, and most likely still is. Then, the Soviet operatives can make up any story they wish concerning the domain, and get a few Americans all stirred up into a frenzy over a big nothing. It's only about screwing with the Americans. Right? If the story is sourced from any social media outlet, it's probably Soviet operatives messing around with your brain. It's the Russian past time.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

Thanks man.

As I said, the domain never expired. This is provable.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I agree, except the article doesn't actually lie. I agree they word things in a way to draw a conclusion.

Grabbing this domain was a solid move on Bidens part, especially after Trump grabbed the todosconbiden url.

Biden never grabbed the domain, because it didnt expire.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Some Trump loving noob

No it was never a pro-Trump website. It was bought by a group oif vets selling pro-American gear, who donated 50% of their proceeds to a military family support group. And, it has been an anti-Trump website after the domain was hijacked, for at least a year.