Biden and Obama camp repeating lies

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Seems Biden and the BHO camp are still trying to claim Bush is now supporting BHO's "plan" for Iraq. I was listening to him yap and he's repeated it again.

I'm beginning to think that the Obama camp is getting so arrogant they don't even know when they are lying anymore.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Yeah fact check did say that the claim was misleading. Doesn't change the fact that Obama's plan is better than Bushes IMO.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
Where is the lie? Bush now supports the same sort of orderly withdrawal Obama proposed a long time ago.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Ldir
Where is the lie? Bush now supports the same sort of orderly withdrawal Obama proposed a long time ago.

It's not the same, Bushes withdrawal plans are based on events where as Obama's are based on time.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Bush is not supporting BHO's "plan" like biden is claiming. Troop numbers lowering depends on ground conditions with Bush's plan. Bush has not adopted BHO's "plan"

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
I have no idea why Obama would want to claim any idea he had was the same as Bush's.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Too bad Obama's plan isnt to get 95% of troops out of there RIGHT THE F*CK NOW.

351Cleveland

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

It's not the same Bushes withdrawal plans are based on event where as Obama's are based on time.

What he said. What is happening is that progress has been made to the point where withdrawal plans and timetables are prudent. Of course Obama will say that it is his plan being implemented. Everyone ignores the fact that it has been goiing very well over there for a long time now... even Obama. I still havent heard him say that the surge strategy was a winner. I suspect I wont ever hear it.

shocksyde

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2001
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY

Bush is not supporting BHO's "plan" like biden is claiming. Troop numbers lowering depends on ground conditions with Bush's plan. Bush has not adopted BHO's "plan"

Why do you feel the need to refer to Barack Obama as "BHO"?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: shocksyde

For the same reason others use GWB or RP or SP. Got something to ask me about the OP?

davestar

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2001

Isn't it obvious? References to Obama's middle name, however slight, help the far right feel justified in their opposition. It's hard to be filled with righteous indignation over a guy with an inspiring story of his rise to the top of a major US political party, but it's easy when you remind yourself that he has a scary and other-worldly name.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007

It's not the same, Bushes withdrawal plans are based on events where as Obama's are based on time.

Obama's plans aren't based only on time. He'll adapt to the "conditions on the ground".

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Too bad then that McCain does not support Bush's plan, but has pledged to keep the troops there in full force until we achieve a satisfactory victory, whatever that is supposed to mean at this point.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Seems Biden and the BHO camp are still trying to claim Bush is now supporting BHO's "plan" for Iraq. I was listening to him yap and he's repeated it again.

The discussion can be divided into two time periods:

First:
  • Obama - Set a timeline for withdrawal? Check.
  • Bush - Set a timeline for withdrawal? Never!
  • McCain - timeline for withdrawal? Never!
Second:
  • Iraqi government - timeline for withdrawal? Check. :shocked:
  • Obama - Set a timeline for withdrawal? Check. :cool:
  • Bush - timeline for withdrawal? Check. :eek:
  • McCain - timeline for withdrawal? What, me worry??? :confused:
I'm beginning to think that the Obama camp is getting so arrogant they don't even know when they are lying anymore.

I'm convinced you were beyond that point long ago. Your desperation is showing. :laugh:

shocksyde

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2001

For the same reason others use GWB or RP or SP. Got something to ask me about the OP?

People use GWB because if they just said "George Bush" you'd have to ask if they meant Senior or Junior. What are "RP" and "SP"?

Why are you being so defensive? I'm just asking.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Way, way off base, but an excellent topic to bring up-to remind people the McCain is even more hawkish than Bush on Iraq now, as McCain is the only one who has refused any kind of timetables and only sticks to the nebulous "victory" as the only acceptable end point.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Topic Title: Biden and Obama camp repeating lies

Good, about time the Dems learned the Republican tactics :thumbsup:

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

frankly i think determining what to do based on facts on the ground is more important than setting some timetable and being inflexible about it.

then again i don't think obama was ever going to be nonflexible about getting out, he was merely laying an election plank.

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000

People use GWB because if they just said "George Bush" you'd have to ask if they meant Senior or Junior. What are "RP" and "SP"?

Its obvious that the OP is trolling, nothing new.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

I'm not defensive - I answered your question.:laugh:

RP = ron paul
SP = sarah palin

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: buck

Its obvious that the OP is trolling, nothing new.

It's not trolling now I guess. :shrug;

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007
Originally posted by: davestar

Isn't it obvious? References to Obama's middle name, however slight, help the far right feel justified in their opposition. It's hard to be filled with righteous indignation over a guy with an inspiring story of his rise to the top of a major US political party, but it's easy when you remind yourself that he has a scary and other-worldly name.

:roll: I guess we could refer to him as "BO"... but then we'd be lambasted for saying he smells bad. You guys are really reaching with the initials thing.